Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Assassin's class 3.5
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  22:28:34  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello all,

I used to create Assassin's NPC as a basic class leading the character from level 1 to level 20.
I don't recall where I found those rules (Kobold Press, Paizo, Dragon Mag, other Mag, who knows). I only have some notes about the fact that the character gains abilities name "stalker", "contract", "reputation" (at level one this one I think), in addition of the traditional sneak attack and others.

Help, anyone ?

It could even be a class with an alternate name, not "assassin, maybe from Pathfinder. Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance for helping me, I'm running my scenario on Sunday !

Edited by - Marco Volo on 05 Dec 2014 22:44:39

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  22:47:05  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a PrC Assassin, why is that not good enough for you?

Anyway you should be able to use the Requirements to take the Assassin path as a 20 level class instead. There again you are talking about an NPC.

Just do maybe 5 rogue levels with maybe allowing poison use sooner, delaying some other ability a few levels. For the last 5 levels maybe a few more spells.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2014 :  23:36:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There have been a lot of variations on the paid killer theme... Do you recall any other details about the version you're seeking?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2014 :  09:56:57  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the delay, my players did not encounter the assassin last week (lucky for me)

I have very little certain information because I've translated the character class I once found in french. So if I'm trying to re-translate in english I could say that the class as an ability called "deadly attack" > after 3 rounds looking at a being, the assassin can try an attack that can kill the victim or if a Fortitude check is failed. If the check is a success, the victim is paralysed for 1d6+6 rounds.

There was something like "Improved ambush" : the Intelligence modifier is added to the attack and damage cheks if the adversary is taken by surprise.

Does that remind something to someone ?

Thanks for helping

Edited by - Marco Volo on 12 Dec 2014 09:59:13
Go to Top of Page

rangerstranger
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2014 :  19:49:46  Show Profile Send rangerstranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have my books on me but this "deadly attack" sounds like the death attack the Assasin PrC has. 3 rounds of studying the victim before a death attack which if a fort save is failed, death or paralysis occurs and if passed then its a standard sneak attack as per the rogue ability.
Go to Top of Page

Green Giant
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2014 :  17:32:59  Show Profile Send Green Giant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Freeport Companion (Pathfinder Edition) has the Assassin class you're looking for. It has the ambush, improved ambush, and death attack you listed, along with other abilities.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000