Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Timeline 1450-Present (SPOILERS!!!)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

pukunui
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2015 :  04:27:45  Show Profile Send pukunui a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about this from page 10 of the Rise of Tiamat adventure: "Tiamat has long threatened Faerun, often appearing in lands such as Chessenta and Unther to drive mortals to worship her awesome power. Although mortals don’t know it, the end of the Sundering and the Era of Upheaval also put an end to such direct meddling by the gods. Without powerful magic and mortal aid, Tiamat cannot travel from her home in Avernus into the world."

That makes it pretty clear that the Tyranny of Dragons adventures take place after the Sundering has finished, don't you think?

Edited by - pukunui on 07 Jan 2015 04:31:59
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
194 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2015 :  20:38:58  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good find. Pushed the 'Tyranny' related infos into 1489DR (with the exception of the white dragons from RotK collecting treasure). Does the Adventurer's League Website put a name to the year 1489?
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2015 :  00:25:29  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lirdolin

Good find. Pushed the 'Tyranny' related infos into 1489DR (with the exception of the white dragons from RotK collecting treasure). Does the Adventurer's League Website put a name to the year 1489?

The <FR Calendar Tool> does: "The Year of the Warrior Princess".

Can you say "girl power"?

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2015 :  00:44:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

quote:

The <FR Calendar Tool> does: "The Year of the Warrior Princess".

Can you say "girl power"?

Xena is in the Realms?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
194 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2015 :  20:41:46  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That seems to be the case ^^
But that's not all: If Last year was 1489DR then 1490 will bring us the Return of the 'Star Walker' and who is returning this year to the cinemas? Luke Skywalker! And 1491 DR seems to forshadow an Avengers/ Forgotten Realms Crossover: Year of the Scarlet Witch

Added all the missing names from the roll of Years and put them into bold Format. Thanks for pointing me to the Calendar Tool :)

Edited by - Lirdolin on 08 Jan 2015 21:46:11
Go to Top of Page

Wandering Sword
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2015 :  05:14:18  Show Profile Send Wandering Sword a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The sanctuary 'Abby of the Sword' within the Valley of the Rose is destroyed by minions of Mephistopheles, although only the Oracle Elden Corrinthal alone is killed, as he sent the remaining brothers away to Arabel. (S:TG 140/244)

Abbey of the Sword or Abbey of the Rose?

Abbey of the Sword is in Battledale, the Dalelands, south of Cormanthor Forest.

Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
194 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2015 :  22:15:38  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes that should be 'Abby of the Rose'. Probably krept in because of the Dawnswords. Corrected.
Go to Top of Page

pukunui
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2015 :  02:58:09  Show Profile Send pukunui a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
But that's not all: If Last year was 1489DR then 1490 will bring us the Return of the 'Star Walker' and who is returning this year to the cinemas? Luke Skywalker!
Nice catch!
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2015 :  11:08:27  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great post! Thanks a lot!
Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
237 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2015 :  21:31:36  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to see changes that are reversing the effects of the Spellplague. I hope Chondath, Ssepech, Hlondeth, Unther, Mulhorand and (Crinti) Dambrath returns to the Realms. These places were really cool and filled with intrigue.

Edited by - deserk on 28 Feb 2015 21:35:20
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2015 :  20:10:20  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Color me (tardy) and impressed. Thank you for compiling this Lirdolin.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

cudi
Acolyte

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2015 :  20:59:21  Show Profile Send cudi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot for this!
Just one question! Any idea of when the Darkening over Luruar stops? In the beginning of 1485?
Thank you!

------

Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2015 :  18:58:58  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I still haven't read Rise of the King) but I think the Darkening fell with the Demon Weave which was dissolved in the autumn of 1485.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
194 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2015 :  21:18:46  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Darkening over the Silver Marches dissolved in a midsummer night of the Year 1485. Most present believe that the goddess Mielikki worked through Drizzt to end the Darkening (VotID Pg 343):)

I'm still working on it, currently data-mining Vengeance of the Iron Dwarf, Spinner of Lies, Fire in the Blood and Spellstorm, but please be patient with me ;)

Edited by - Lirdolin on 07 Jun 2015 21:56:08
Go to Top of Page

Cyrinishad
Learned Scribe

300 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2015 :  02:46:39  Show Profile Send Cyrinishad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know it's jumping on the band-wagon at some level, but I have to say this is a phenomenal effort compiling the Timeline, especially since the jury is still out on whether or not we'll get an official 5th Edition FRCS sourcebook to work from, or have to rely on the incremental release of adventure modules.

Thanks Lirdolin.

To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. -Socrates

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

LexoftheStorm
Acolyte

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2015 :  15:32:52  Show Profile Send LexoftheStorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot for all this useful information!
I was trying to make order over all this events occurred after the spellplague and this was the best source I found.
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
194 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2015 :  21:55:54  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,
Some new updates from Spellstorm, Fire in the Blood, Spinner of Lies, Archmage, Vengence of the Iron Dwarf, Prince of Ravens and Princes of the Apocalypse.
I would especially like to direct your Attention to the Years 1485 and 1487 as a have moved the events of Tyranny of Dragons and Legacy of the Crystal Shard to these years because of information contained in 'Archmage'.(see Notes)

Edited by - Lirdolin on 02 Sep 2015 21:57:42
Go to Top of Page

LexoftheStorm
Acolyte

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2015 :  11:31:35  Show Profile Send LexoftheStorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello all,
Some new updates from Spellstorm, Fire in the Blood, Spinner of Lies, Archmage, Vengence of the Iron Dwarf, Prince of Ravens and Princes of the Apocalypse.
I would especially like to direct your Attention to the Years 1485 and 1487 as a have moved the events of Tyranny of Dragons and Legacy of the Crystal Shard to these years because of information contained in 'Archmage'.(see Notes)

Thanks! You are doing a great work.
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2015 :  17:37:49  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if you plan to include some of the (very few) info from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, but I add them here:

1482 DR:
the return of Bhaal is confirmed to happens this year.

1484 DR:
Ireabor is struck by an earthquake.
Locusts afflicted Amn. "...tales began to spread of individuals [...] so-called Chosen [...]
at the root of the conflicts that grip the land..."

1485 DR:
Icewind Dale: the Chosen of Auril foments war with Ten-Towns and was defeated.

Anauroch: the Bedine rebelled.

Sylverymoon: the events you placed in 1484 happen this year instead.

"...Throughout much of Faerun, the winter of 1487 and 1488 lasted longer than any on record. The solstices and equinoxes had somehow drifted. Later seasons followed suit, with each starting and ending later than expected..."

1488 Sembia dissolved in a collection of city-states, as does the League of Silver Marches

Edited by - Arioch on 11 Dec 2015 17:45:26
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2015 :  18:31:20  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You could also add this, from Ed, giving some details on Eilistraee's and Vhaeraun's return:

''After Flamerule 1489, Vhaeraun and Eilistraee are separate deities with the same powers and portfolios they had before 1375, but a new understanding, respect, and even friendship for each other. Some of their followers still war with each other, but the two deities do not. Thus far, Eilistraee’s teachings after the Sundering are the same as before the Sundering.''

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

cidervampire
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  22:33:09  Show Profile Send cidervampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for this excellent resource. I'm using this chronology to base my campaign on.
How well is the timeline holding up with the Homecoming novels and the Rage of Demons storyline?
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2015 :  00:58:55  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was actually just thinking of this and can't for the life of me remember what the date was at the end of Archmage.
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2015 :  03:42:27  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember Perkins saying something about if you take the events of the Homecoming novels to be canonical, then the Rage of Demons storyline would start around late 1485. Otherwise, early 1490s.
Go to Top of Page

cidervampire
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2015 :  03:50:24  Show Profile Send cidervampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So still before the end of The Sundering! This is getting a bit crazy
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
194 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2015 :  20:40:20  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess why I'm getting a headache by putting together this timeline...
Thanks to Irennan and Arioch for the infos :) already added most of them to the timeline.
Although I had hoped that the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide would pinpoint some of the events, I get even more confusing data. Some of the years given there, compared to the Salvatore novels are obviously wrong. And some novels seem to not have happend yet, as the status quo on the Moonshae Isles is still the same as before 'Rose of Sarifal'.
And Elminster hints somewhere in Spellstorm (clearly after 1487 DR) that Tiamat is up to something right now on the Sword Coast, although the happenings within the Salvatore books again indicate otherwise.

And Archmage ends on the 15th Nightal 1486 DR. (Pg.356)

Edited by - Lirdolin on 21 Dec 2015 20:44:24
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2015 :  21:23:57  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Adventurers League stuff considered canon for the likes of this timeline? If so there is a bunch of additional info and dates in some of the stuff they have put out.

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2015 :  21:33:07  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
And some novels seem to not have happend yet, as the status quo on the Moonshae Isles is still the same as before 'Rose of Sarifal'.

Idk what ''Rose of Sarifal'' brought, but the SCAG is set somewhere between 1489 DR and 1492 DR. If something contradicts novels with events that happened before, I think that it's safe to assume that what happened in them has been reverted by the Sundering, since the book ''details'' the status quo of the FR.

About the difference between the dates in novels and those in the SCAG, those seem to be a continuity problem. They surely need some traffic cop to take care of this, as such an error happened as soon as like 1 year into 5e...

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 30 Dec 2015 21:36:13
Go to Top of Page

cidervampire
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2015 :  17:45:52  Show Profile Send cidervampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't read Archmage but does the Rage of Demons storyline have to end before the book ends?

Edited by - cidervampire on 31 Dec 2015 19:24:18
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2016 :  22:08:18  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW!

This time line is canon?

It seems pretty dang use able even if it's not.

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!

Edited by - froglegg on 03 Jan 2016 22:09:16
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2016 :  02:56:33  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
And some novels seem to not have happend yet, as the status quo on the Moonshae Isles is still the same as before 'Rose of Sarifal'.

I'm happy if that novel is being officially ignored & excised from canon.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000