Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 5th edition fluff
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fendrikor
Learned Scribe

Australia
189 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  11:39:23  Show Profile Send Fendrikor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So. Does anyone here know what has changed for 5th edition in the realms?

Most notably, i want to know where Dragonborn fit into this. I heard that they removed the Dragonborn kingdom entirely (im not schooled too deeply on 4th edition fluff as i disliked it. All i had to hear was 'Dragonborn hate dragons. Everyone knows this' and i switched off)

And apparently they undid the spell plague, killed off elminster and returned Lathander and Helm.

... What do we know for sure, and how can i find out more?

'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  12:53:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can read the Sundering novels for a bit of info on what's going on... Other than that, we have to wait until the 5E campaign setting drops, and they're not even working on that one, yet.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2014 :  00:13:46  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Going by the new Deities list, Helm almost all the gods are back. No word yet on if Returned Abeir is removed (though unfortunately I believe this is the case) as I feel the point of the "sundering" is to remove Abeir from Toril.

Dragonborn are still in the game, as a PHB option so I can only assume they're prevalent in the Realms too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000