Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Tome Replacement Help Requested
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolfhound75
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2014 :  19:12:07  Show Profile Send Wolfhound75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My Fellow Sages,

Need some help with locating a replacement tome. It appears that in my belief of superior intellect, I forgot to cast the relevant "Protection from Daughter's Puppy" on a copy of one of my core rulebooks.

A quick Locate Object later, came up with no results. So did other methods of divining the location of a replacement using Gond-given search methods like Amazon, et al.

Need to locate a replacement copy of 3.5E Monster Manual II.

Any help that anyone can provide is much appreciated.

Good Hunting!

"Firepower - if it's not working, you're not using enough." ~ Military Proverb

"If at first you do succeed, you must've rolled a natural 20!"

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2014 :  20:32:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd recommend eBay. I've gotten a lot of material from there, myself. Sometimes you have to wait a while, but patience can often be rewarded.

Nobleknight.com has a lot of used game material, too. They're prolly more reliable than eBay sellers; I've found at least once that I and a seller have disagreed on the definitions of words such as "like new."

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2014 :  20:39:08  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you desperately need the physical book, I suggest following Wooly's advice and going to the Bay of E's. If you can survive with a PDF, DriveThruRPG has it for sale at $11.99 right now (here).

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  04:14:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If dragontrove.com is still active, you might consider checking there as well. They're usually reasonably priced in terms of second-hand copies of RPG books.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  12:10:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the power of google, 2nd line down.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Dungeons-Dragons-Roleplaying-Supplement/dp/0786928735

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wolfhound75
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  17:31:04  Show Profile Send Wolfhound75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ Sleyvas -
I almost went for the same thing until I caught that for whatever reason, they have a 3.0E MMII on Amazon but no 3.5E MMII.
I did later find the MMII included in the boxed set Dungeons & Dragons Monster Gift Set but was looking for a stand-alone book since I already own copies of the other two books in the set.

@ Wooly & Sage -
Thanks!

@ Ashe -
Got the digital copy thanks to your advice! It'll work until I can locate a physical copy. Call me old school but there is something therapeutic about 'pondering over a many quaint and curious volume of Forgotten lore....'

Thanks to all for the help. If anyone finds an active sale, please PM me.

Good Hunting!

"Firepower - if it's not working, you're not using enough." ~ Military Proverb

"If at first you do succeed, you must've rolled a natural 20!"
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  19:16:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfhound75

@ Sleyvas -
I almost went for the same thing until I caught that for whatever reason, they have a 3.0E MMII on Amazon but no 3.5E MMII.
I did later find the MMII included in the boxed set Dungeons & Dragons Monster Gift Set but was looking for a stand-alone book since I already own copies of the other two books in the set.

@ Wooly & Sage -
Thanks!

@ Ashe -
Got the digital copy thanks to your advice! It'll work until I can locate a physical copy. Call me old school but there is something therapeutic about 'pondering over a many quaint and curious volume of Forgotten lore....'

Thanks to all for the help. If anyone finds an active sale, please PM me.

Good Hunting!

I don't know about the other sites, but with eBay, you can set up a saved search and have it email you whenever the search parameters are met. I only do a handful of eBay searches each day, but I have a buttload of saved searches for various things. Some I only get pinged every few months, others I get pinged daily. And those emails show a pic, list the price, and have a link to each listing -- so I usually don't even have to go to the site to know whether or not to watch the auction.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  02:35:41  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is this mythical 3.5e MM II you speak of?
Go to Top of Page

Mystic Lemur
Seeker

58 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2014 :  18:50:28  Show Profile Send Mystic Lemur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

What is this mythical 3.5e MM II you speak of?

What he said. The MMII came out before 3.5, they never released an updated version.

"What mattered our lives now, when our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring." -A review of the FRCG ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000