Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Rotting Man
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hawkfeather
Seeker

Brazil
64 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2014 :  20:56:09  Show Profile Send Hawkfeather a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there any information about the Rotting Man besides what can be found in the 3rd edition Unapproachable East? This sourcebook only says that he is a NE male half fiend human druid 12/Talontar Blightlord 10 and Chosen of Talona. There's nothing about his history, personality, looks, real name or motivations/goals (other than spread Talona's Blight everywhere).

Edited by - Hawkfeather on 28 Sep 2014 20:56:59

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2014 :  02:06:09  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The novel "Lady of Poison" provides some insights into the Rotting Man.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Hawkfeather
Seeker

Brazil
64 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2014 :  22:51:48  Show Profile Send Hawkfeather a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info GK. Unfortunately, I fear I won't be able to get a copy of this novel in time. Could you spare some tidbits about him?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  04:24:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lost Empires of Faerūn has a little info on him as well, but I can't presently summarise those tidbits because I'm nowhere near that tome at the moment.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hawkfeather
Seeker

Brazil
64 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2014 :  21:44:30  Show Profile Send Hawkfeather a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, the information about him in LEoF is very small and almost the same found in the UE supplement.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  04:39:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, okay. It's been a long while since I've read up on the Rotting Man, so I wasn't entirely sure whether anything different was published in LEoF.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  18:39:17  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You definitely should read the book as the rotting man is a central character and it is the biggest source of info / insite into him anywhere.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000