Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Adoril
Acolyte

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2021 :  19:59:16  Show Profile Send Adoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings fellow seekers and scribes.

I am Adoril. For a long time, the lore of the Forgotten Realms has inspired my mind to great extent. T’was about time I registered into this great library.
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2021 :  00:40:17  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adoril

I am Adoril. For a long time, the lore of the Forgotten Realms has inspired my mind to great extent. T’was about time I registered into this great library.

In these august halls, a sage is never late to register. Nor are they early. They simply arrive precisely when their curiosity is greatest.

Welcome in, Adoril. Wooly or Alaundo should be along shortly with tea and cakes.

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2021 :  09:45:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AJA

quote:
Originally posted by Adoril

In these august halls, a sage is never late to register. Nor are they early. They simply arrive precisely when their curiosity is greatest.

Welcome in, Adoril. Wooly or Alaundo should be along shortly with tea and cakes.

Well met, Adoril

Welcome indeed to Candlekeep, the greatest library in all the Realms. I hope you enjoy your stay herein, for there is much knowledge and lore to peruse and many wise scribes to enquire.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wrandy
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2021 :  06:13:02  Show Profile Send Wrandy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, I'm Wrandy, I've lurked on these forums for years as a resource for DMing on Neverwinter Nights servers, but it never occurred to me to register. The information gleaned from searches always proved sufficient and I always figured my questions had already been asked, but my questions persist and perhaps I'll eventually manage to find one worthy of phrasing properly.

“With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he too was a mere appearance, dreamt by another.”

Jorge Luis Borges
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2021 :  09:21:11  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wrandy

Hello, I'm Wrandy, I've lurked on these forums for years as a resource for DMing on Neverwinter Nights servers, but it never occurred to me to register. The information gleaned from searches always proved sufficient and I always figured my questions had already been asked, but my questions persist and perhaps I'll eventually manage to find one worthy of phrasing properly.

Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep and glad ye decided to don thy robe and join us for discussions and studies of lore. Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

tyriel
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2021 :  18:35:23  Show Profile Send tyriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations, sagacious sages of Candlekeep!
Go to Top of Page

Erikor
Seeker

Norway
60 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2021 :  03:54:03  Show Profile Send Erikor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, my friends
I'm here to seek wisdom, friends and great tales about what has been told in the books of the Forgotten Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Hewy Wyvernspur
Acolyte

Australia
6 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2021 :  12:04:05  Show Profile Send Hewy Wyvernspur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi folks of Candlekeep! I'm just a small-time bard from downcountry (really far down, our toilets flush in the opposite direction down here!), long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I hail from the beginning of the 2nd edition era, and have recently become discontented with the current timeline and returned to the good old times of the late 1350s to the early 1370s DR. I'll be asking more questions than I do provide answers, often in pursuit of lore to help with my mashing of Dungeon of the Mad Mage and my old 2e City of Splendors and Undermountain boxed sets to provide a sequel for a 5e Curse of Strahd campaign that finished up early this year. I've also recently begun the Doom of Daggerdale module for a 2e game I've managed to convince my 5e babies to play (and they're absolutely loving it!).

Can't wait to hit y'all up for that sweet, sweet lore :) As someone else noted above, I should have joined here long ago!

“War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Edited by - Hewy Wyvernspur on 16 Aug 2021 12:04:49
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2021 :  16:02:48  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard folks. Don't know why someone official hasn't welcomed you yet, but they will be along by the by.
Go to Top of Page

Exodite
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2021 :  15:30:00  Show Profile Send Exodite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alae and well met! I've long scried from afar but have finally ventured to the great library as a member. I'm active in the Sages of the Forgotten Realms group within the Book of Faces, hoping to see some familiar sages here.

Uluvathae,
Exodite
Go to Top of Page

Frerol
Acolyte

Brazil
0 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2021 :  17:33:37  Show Profile Send Frerol a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, everyone! I am Frerol, a common citizen of a faraway land seeking to know more of the Realmslore and perhaps work on translations of such stories and tales to my own mother language.
I hope to learn much from the scholars of this place and, who knows, maybe someday I'll even contribute with something!
Go to Top of Page

rredmond
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2021 :  18:11:54  Show Profile  Visit rredmond's Homepage Send rredmond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Exodite and Frerol! You both look to bring amazing experience and skills here!
Well met!

OS RPG PbP Games: www.unseenservant.us
Go to Top of Page

Kriss-Weatherwax
Acolyte

Spain
0 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2021 :  14:47:37  Show Profile Send Kriss-Weatherwax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello!
I,m Kriss from Spain. I love the Forgotten Realms lore,and I am a great Grimblucle Thurn fan! I want to thank all the wise men here for their great contribution
Go to Top of Page

Reshaim_78
Acolyte

Italy
2 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2021 :  21:04:50  Show Profile Send Reshaim_78 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met you all, after lurking for a while i've finally decided to join this community. I'm Pieralberto from italy, fan of the Realms since the Old Grey Box (and lately i appreciate it more than the latest incarnations of the Realms).
Glad to be here! :)
Go to Top of Page

Rakshak the Tall
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2022 :  16:06:43  Show Profile Send Rakshak the Tall a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Greetings!

Thank you for welcoming me as a visiting scholar here at Candlekeep! I'm Calishite by birth, but usually reside in Waterdeep when I'm not in Candlekeep. I'm happy to share what I know of Calimshan, the Marching Mountains, and especially what I've learned of the Way of Tranquility! I'm curious to learn more about these northern lands, their histories, and cultures, so I can be a better citizen of my new home and teacher of my new students.

Peace be with you!

> I am in the garden <
> The garden is in the pool <
> The pool is in the box <
> The box is in my hand <
> And I am in the garden <
Go to Top of Page

JohnLovely
Acolyte

Norway
0 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2022 :  23:48:47  Show Profile Send JohnLovely a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dropping a message here, as is customary :) Fan of the Realms for over two decades now (brought in by the videogames, mostly a lurker online).
Go to Top of Page

Vinzor Burrow
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2023 :  00:56:56  Show Profile Send Vinzor Burrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi

Signed,
Vinzor Burrow of Chavyondat
Go to Top of Page

Mistmaster
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2023 :  08:26:25  Show Profile Send Mistmaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Introducing myself at last, I'm a DaD fan, Dungeon Master of long course and player, I ran a couple of customized campaigns in the realms and I decided it was time to meet some felliw traveler.
Go to Top of Page

DoveArrow
Seeker

96 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2023 :  04:51:44  Show Profile Send DoveArrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Introducing myself rather late, since I've been off and on these boards for years now. I just wanted to ask Alaundo, when you created these forums, did you have any idea what they would become?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda
Acolyte

China
1 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2023 :  17:49:28  Show Profile Send Ananda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, fellow minded seekers of lore! I am Ananda, aspiring Planeswalker! It is my opinion that the search for the Planes have laid stagnant for too long, and so I seek those who would impact upon me valuable information, and those who would aid my cause! One day, all those who have dreamt it shall breathe in the foul air of Sigil, and know that they are cutters in the right place!
Go to Top of Page

Libertad
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2023 :  09:03:18  Show Profile Send Libertad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. This is Libertad, a long-time gamer and poster on a lot of ttrpg sites. Although I've been fans of the Realms for a long time, playing Baldur's Gate 3 put it back into my mind front and center, and decided to join the major fan site on the Internet for it!
Go to Top of Page

DewnMoutain
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2023 :  00:54:56  Show Profile Send DewnMoutain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have traveled near and far.
i have been in love, and have loved.
i have been to war, and witnessed the dark side therin.
Yet, all i seek is the story, the movement of words, upon the page, upon the lips.
i desire to set the scene, to tell the tale, to enrapture those that would read, that would listen.
and all i ask in return
is a hot meal and a cold ale.
i travel All the realms, Hyborian, Forgotten, Warhammer, and more...

i am Dewn Mou'tain, bard for all.

Howdy howdy, Im dewn. Just a guy who loves a good story, a somewhat decent DM. I took an involuntary exile from the Realms, as it's been neigh 20 years since i last visited, in the good old 3rd edition days. A wave of nostalgia hit me a few weeks back as i found behind shelving unit in my garage an old 3.0 FR map that i had laminated, to ensure it was protected. Well, color me suprised to see it still in such good shape.
so, i sat and stared at the map, and marveled at the names. Dalelands, Thay, Luskan, Waterdeep. The Undermountain called to me, and Calimshan reminded me to guard my coin pouch.
all this and more made me giddy.
yet i couldnt find the 3.0 book, so i bought a new one. and have spent the last week and change reading it everynight. Even have retooled my Metallica Black album inspired campaign to be set in the Realms.

ive missed the realms, and am glad to be back.

and, as an aside, it was sheer happenstance that i discovered this website. So that's cool!!!

Yes, i am a Blacksmith
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000