Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  17:33:17  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome!

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Hyperion
Acolyte

38 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2015 :  13:57:23  Show Profile Send Hyperion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello All,
been a lurker here for years, I've signed up only now as I'm re-reading several Realms novel and probably I will have some thoughts/questions to share.
Bought Shadowdale (the book) and the FR Boxed set back in 1991, actively DM'ed the Realms from 1999 to 2006, played a lot of computer games from Eye of the Beholder to Neverwinter Nights 2, own a lot of FR products and novels. I've read less than half the published novels so far, even if I own almost all of them. I've begun re-reading them all a few months ago, probably it will take about 3-5 years (!) to read them all!
Highest Praises to the creators and managers of this wonderful site and forum!

Also a member of The Piazza forum (http://www.thepiazza.org.uk/bb/index.php), with the name of Sturm, as Mystara is my primary gaming world, with the FR a close second.

Edited by - Hyperion on 05 Oct 2015 13:59:12
Go to Top of Page

duncansalazar
Acolyte

Brazil
0 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2015 :  13:58:33  Show Profile  Visit duncansalazar's Homepage Send duncansalazar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hyperion

Hello All,
been a lurker here for years, I've signed up only now as I'm re-reading several Realms novel and probably I will have some thoughts/questions to share.
Bought Shadowdale (the book) and the FR Boxed set back in 1991, actively DM'ed the Realms from 1999 to 2006, played a lot of computer games from Eye of the Beholder to Neverwinter Nights 2, own a lot of FR products and novels. I've read less than half the published novels so far, even if I own almost all of them. I've begun re-reading them all a few months ago, probably it will take about 3-5 years (!) to read them all!
Highest Praises to the creators and managers of this wonderful site and forum!

Be thee welcome. Let us know any inquires =)

Leandro LC e Rodrigues
Director of Content and Localization @ CrônicasdaMagia.com.br
Twitter - @iDuncanSalazar
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2015 :  14:58:57  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep guys!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

obubison1
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2015 :  00:50:34  Show Profile Send obubison1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello,
obubison1 here, glad to have found the forums. Looking forward to participating.
Go to Top of Page

Laird
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2016 :  21:24:40  Show Profile Send Laird a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to have finally joined.
Go to Top of Page

StarryEyes
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2016 :  18:35:39  Show Profile Send StarryEyes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello. I'm new. I just started playing D&D last year (started with 5th edition) but I had some previous experience with it playing Baldur's Gate. I'm a bit ashamed to say I have never completed it.
Well... that's all. I guess I'll lurk for a bit.
Go to Top of Page

Leonaru
Acolyte

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2016 :  16:25:04  Show Profile Send Leonaru a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone! :)
Go to Top of Page

tmcvicar2
Acolyte

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2016 :  13:03:18  Show Profile Send tmcvicar2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings all!

Long time collector of all things FR/AD&D. 2 floods over the past 10 years have decimated some parts of my collection. Was in NYC for an outing recently and had time to pop into the Compleat Strategist. (as I used to do almost daily circa 1982!) Decided I was going to replace all my lost items and began searching for FR lists and bibliographies, found this site and been lurking hard.

Look forward to contributing!

Tom

Ancestors could hear
What is happening now
They would turn in their graves
They would all be ashamed
That the land of the free
Has been written in chains
And I know what I want
When the timing is right
Then I'll take what is mine
I am the clansman

Iron Maiden "The Clansman"
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2016 :  13:38:00  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tmcvicar2

Greetings all!

Long time collector of all things FR/AD&D. 2 floods over the past 10 years have decimated some parts of my collection. Was in NYC for an outing recently and had time to pop into the Compleat Strategist. (as I used to do almost daily circa 1982!) Decided I was going to replace all my lost items and began searching for FR lists and bibliographies, found this site and been lurking hard.

Look forward to contributing!

Tom

Welcome! Good luck rebuilding your collection!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

AlastorTheGrim
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2016 :  22:14:13  Show Profile Send AlastorTheGrim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I have been reading from (lurking on) this site for several years now, finally decided to make an account. More than the game itself (which I greatly enjoy), the lore of FR has always fascinated me, and this site has always been the best in terms of offering further understanding or opening up new areas of interest. I am not sure how much I will post, given how busy life has been recently, but I hope to ask a few questions here and there.
First one: if I were to pose a question relating to information from the book "Lords of Darkness", which forum would that belong in?

Edited by - AlastorTheGrim on 10 May 2016 22:17:11
Go to Top of Page

Veratyr
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2016 :  23:01:18  Show Profile Send Veratyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello guys, Its great to join up with what looks to be an awesome fan forum! I have always been a big Forgotten Realms fan since my brothers used to play D&D and teach me all about it as a kid. Just got back into D&D a year ago and have been learning and re-learning a lot about the realms and have ghosted this site for some time! I'm dming a bit now though and am in need of some expert knowledge so I finally joined up! :)
Go to Top of Page

goatmeal
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2017 :  19:23:10  Show Profile Send goatmeal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just signed up. Haven't been paying attention to the Forgotten Realms for a few years and thought I'd sign up to figure out what is going on in the area. Lots of changes I hear, and then more changes (sometimes back to how it was before, but hard to know for sure on everything).
Go to Top of Page

Karmic Acumen
Acolyte

Romania
0 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2017 :  14:27:03  Show Profile Send Karmic Acumen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all.

I just decided to finally log in and thank this forum for having more or less every answer to every question about FR I've had since I did the unforgiveable and begun writing a BG/FR Fanfiction. Most notably I want to praise the site for the awesome "Introduction to Candlekeep" piece of lore that Ed Greenwood believed this site worth writing for. It provided some great concepts and world building and allowed me to assign names and personality to some of the people that were only shown briefly in the Baldur's Gate game (some of which, like the Gatewarden, entirely lacked a name).

I don't really expect to post much here, since as far as I can tell most of the questions I have have been asked before. Additionally, I was introduced to D&D around the year 2000 and I wouldn't have had anyone to play with where I lived even if I did get introduced to the idea of board games earlier in my life. As such, I'm only familiar with the FR and other D&D settings through video games (BG 1&2, Planescape, IWD 1&2, NWN 1&2) rather than the board games and have had to rely on Wikis and this site for my other lore, since I haven't actually gone through any of the books either, at least not yet (Save for the Gilded Rune, since I'm strangely fond of dwarves).

I'll lurk around substantially though, I'm sure, since I am big on world building whenever I start to write a story (particularly since I always have the end in mind when I start) means I've had to do quite a bit of Lore research indeed.

TL;DR: Thanks to the community and massive info and multitude of theories for being here.
Go to Top of Page

Man-of-Fur
Acolyte

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2017 :  18:39:59  Show Profile Send Man-of-Fur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met all. My life has become reading Candlekeep from this point on haha.

Mike from the Forgotten Realms Archives...
Go to Top of Page

Socrates1984
Acolyte

Greece
5 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2017 :  17:32:34  Show Profile Send Socrates1984 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone!

I am happy to have signed up! I play various versions of D&D since back in the '90s and I really like Forgotten Realms. I admit having once or twice played the Other Setting Whose Name We Do Not Speak Of*, but FR is by far my favorite!

I wouldn't consider myself a lore expert, hence I plan on visiting this nice forum every once in a while to get educated. Despite almost always running as a DM, I dare say my knowledge is limited to the North with the odd exception of hastily reading sections on the other parts of the world. Sadly my DM position is mostly due to rules-knowledge and good human-handling, rather than any impressive story-telling ability.

As a result, my contribution to this site will probably be somewhat limited, although I hope in time I will get more up to date with FR news!

So, that's my first post in this forum. Do you have any advice on how I can become more accustomed with all this site has to offer? Where to start, where to go next, what are the hottest topics right now?

Thanks in advance and let me say again that I'm happy to be here!

*Dragonl- DON'T SAY THAT NAME!

Faerûn Total War!

We aim to create a mod for Medieval II Total War, called Faerûn [Forgotten Realms] Total War!

You can also find me here:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?380028-Socrates1984

Go to Top of Page

Bumbleknot
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2017 :  20:45:07  Show Profile Send Bumbleknot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry if I'm not that talkative. But I am glad I finally registered.
Go to Top of Page

Thoth
Acolyte

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2017 :  12:36:13  Show Profile Send Thoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally took the lunge and signed up. Been a reader for some time, so here I am! :)
Go to Top of Page

El Oso Gigante
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2017 :  04:16:42  Show Profile Send El Oso Gigante a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am here now. I am a guy who has spent a nontrivial portion of the last twenty-something years daydreaming about the Realms. I've found answers to a lot of realms questions here over the years so I figured I ought to join up. That's all I've got to say I guess right now. Thanks for everything.

My name is James and I can't stop thinking about dragons. These guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.
Go to Top of Page

Mordriel
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2017 :  11:05:37  Show Profile Send Mordriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

I have been reading the fora now and then, always interested in Realms lore.

Now that my players have finally defeated their main antagonists in my latest campaign, I am looking for new hooks to increase their interest and investment in the area they have struggled to cleanse.

Namely, they have defeated the Cult of the Dragon out of Myth Drannor, in an upscaled and much overhauled adventure based in the "Pool of Radiance: Attack on Myth Drannor".

The party consists of a Cormyrean human fighter -lesser noble (of the Hyraken family)-, a moon elf fighter/mage/bladesinger of the Floshin family, a dwarf cleric of Moradin from the Silver Marches with family ties to Myth Drannor, and a dwarf mage/cleric/mystic theurge of Marthammor Duin.

The time is late (winter of) 1370 DR.

So I figured, lets sign up in Candlekeep and listed to the Sages' ideas of how to further involve my players there!

Thank you in advance
Go to Top of Page

Thoth
Acolyte

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2017 :  12:04:51  Show Profile Send Thoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard. :)
Go to Top of Page

Mordriel
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2017 :  09:12:54  Show Profile Send Mordriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thoth

Welcome aboard. :)

Thank you kindly, sir!
Go to Top of Page

Rogue Bard
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2017 :  19:50:55  Show Profile  Visit Rogue Bard's Homepage Send Rogue Bard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you all. I've wandered in and out of here for years and I'm impressed that this forum is still going strong. I miss the old days when I was active in communities such as this one, so mayhap I will put this new account to good use. A brief intro: I've been playing D&D since my teens & I'm a longtime fan of BG1 & BG2 (I plan to download BGEE hopefully sometime next month) and NWN (I also have NWN2, but haven't gotten very far in it). I enjoy reading Forgotten Realms novels & learning all about the Realms (which is why I've kept coming back to this place), but I'm also into other fantasy as well, especially the works of J.R.R. Tolkien. That's pretty much it. May Lady Luck always smile upon you.

Words are the bread and beer of the bard's soul.
Go to Top of Page

jcorbier
Acolyte

France
0 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2017 :  09:59:00  Show Profile Send jcorbier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time now, always seeking more Realms lore. Now that I have started DM'ing my own campaign I have plenty of unanswered questions and things I would like to clarify. So here I am ;)

Jeremie
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2017 :  09:24:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Rogue Bard

Glad ye have found this 'old school' place. Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Rogue Bard
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2017 :  19:35:32  Show Profile  Visit Rogue Bard's Homepage Send Rogue Bard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankee.

Words are the bread and beer of the bard's soul.
Go to Top of Page

mineirodabahia
Acolyte

Brazil
0 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2017 :  18:58:38  Show Profile Send mineirodabahia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello there!

FG is probably my favorite scenario, and also the one the I've most played with. Very honoured to be here.

I'm kinda skilled in cartography since I actually work with a related thing (hydrologic engeneer here), so I like to spend some of my free time making fantasy maps. Lately I've been workin in some specific regions from the Realms and it would be really nice if you guys could help me one waay or another.

Hope we can help each other! ^^

Mineiro da Bahia
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2017 :  08:59:12  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, minerodabahia.

Welcome to Candlekeep. Glad ye could join us in these halls of lore. I look forward to seeing thy creations and could possibly include such works within the Map Room.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Yslanderon
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2017 :  21:30:12  Show Profile Send Yslanderon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I've played some of the D&D games enough times to become really fond of FR.

I stumbled on this forums a few times when i was searching for especific knowledge regarding the setting. My knowledge of D&D in general is quite limited, since i came upon it by downloading and playing an old game named Neverwinter Nights, and not by playing the tabletop version with friends.

Thank you and may the shadow of the Lady never catchs us.

"It was a plague so dangerous, a threat so grave, that it spread throughout the infinite of space and eternity of time almost effortlessly to infest the stars." - Unknown Historian
Go to Top of Page

Thogrimm
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2017 :  03:58:21  Show Profile Send Thogrimm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greeting!

Long time lurker, and now posting! Played and DM'd since before AD&D, and absolutely love the world that Ed and all have created in the Forgotten Realms. I was the first in our group to fall in love and buy everything with the FR logo on it! Have been away from the game since 3rd Edition, but very much enjoying 5e now.

I am playing in a game now, but am taking the opportunity to start writing, and looking forward to asking a lot of questions of the sages of Candlekeep!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000