Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Salutations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vehiron
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2014 :  07:08:35  Show Profile Send Vehiron a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
A strange group of adventurers arrives at the fortress library of Candlekeep. The leading figure looks at the gates with greedy anticipation, and knocks hesitantly, not wishing to disturb the scribes at their work with loud and harsh intrusion of unwelcome noises. He slides in quickly, and bows with his hood sliding back to his shoulders.

Greetings to all the wise sages, who haunt the halls of this magnificent library. I traveled a lot from the distant world of Midnight to get here, where I have been held as a prisoner for many years, captivated by dark wonders and individual whims, in the hopes of finding a new place to settle with my small but ever vigilant band of adventurers. I hope to be able to bask in your wisdom, and ask for your advice in many matters regarding the uncovering of lore and secrets of old in these Realms, which a lot seem to deem as Forgotten :)

*bows*
taking an ancient parchment out of his bag, a container strangely seeming to possess an everlasting enchantment radiating infinite odors of foods and beverages most peculiar and alien in nature, a quill pen with scores of bite marks, and the unrelenting gaze of a fanatic who is starving for knowledge

*He waves at his small group of adventurers*
You stay there and do not move until I may have received the answers most necessary to guide you further in these Realms!
-the small band of vigilant adventurers grants him a suspicious look, one of them starts to pull out a dagger, but changes his mind and conjures up a Feast for Heroes instead.

Their dungeon guide turns back to the wise scribes of Candlekeep with eyes showing the weight of centuries of hunger that can never truly be satisfied as his quill pen begins to move:

/Greetings to you all, I am Vehiron, and I am looking forward to make your acquaintance/

Edited by - Vehiron on 23 Sep 2014 07:09:08

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2014 :  07:12:42  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met and welcome to the forums.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Wolfhound75
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2014 :  17:39:27  Show Profile Send Wolfhound75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Vehiron.

I am certain you will find, within these halls, the knowledge you seek. Prepare thee for significant research as Oghma only rewards the faithful. In other words, there are years worth of information and debate for you to peruse. I have many times set off to research one aspect and been completely side-tracked by the discovery of some other tidbit of interest; which invariably leads to others in a never-ending chain.

Good Hunting.

"Firepower - if it's not working, you're not using enough." ~ Military Proverb

"If at first you do succeed, you must've rolled a natural 20!"
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2014 :  23:54:10  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Vehiron! I doubt I can great you better than Wolfhound75, but I wish you to find and give a lot knowlege while in Candlekeep's halls.
Go to Top of Page

Vehiron
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2014 :  07:50:21  Show Profile Send Vehiron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thank you all kindly for your welcoming words, wise sages
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2014 :  16:51:22  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to CK

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000