Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 some new info on the hell status
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  16:48:25  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So as some of you know lore is lacking so far so I have some for you.

According to the angel entry for mm. Fallen angels go down sometimes to serve Zariel ruler of the first layer of hell.

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  16:56:06  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What, Zarial, ruler of the first layer of hell, when?

What happened to that Pit Fiend guy.

Not that it matters to me. Not really liked any 5e stuff so far so i wasnt really expecting to like the Monster Manual either.

Nice that they are including a bit of lore in the monster writeups again. Even if it is wrong.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  17:43:15  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a little flavor blurb in context for angels. I guess z is a falleconcertsn angel turned devil. No greater context is provided as it has no relevancy.

The monster manual is gowrgeous. Every monster gets a full image . An

Edited by - silverwolfer on 22 Sep 2014 17:45:01
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  18:07:51  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

What, Zarial, ruler of the first layer of hell, when?
What happened to that Pit Fiend guy.

Not that it matters to me. Not really liked any 5e stuff so far so i wasnt really expecting to like the Monster Manual either.

Nice that they are including a bit of lore in the monster writeups again. Even if it is wrong.
Actually Zariel was the original ruler of Avernus, until Bel's putsch. No one knew for sure what happened to her, but rumors always were that Bel had her imprisoned and was still leeching of her power. So it seems as if Bel was not careful enough and she got out with a vengeance
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  18:21:25  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some are saying the night hag is back also. An the daughter is freeing meph
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  20:11:08  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm liking the presentation of the MM. I'm mostly ok with the lore, simply because any changes made have little impact on my current game.
I am wondering how the MM lore on the hells differs from the Realms version. I recall a recent discussion here about Planescape's version of the hells differing from Ed's description and I forgot to look that up in detail.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  23:11:00  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had thought Tiamat was the guard dog of Baators first layer?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  23:57:37  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's listed in the MM as one of the "former rulers" of Avernus. Guess WotC spoiled the ending to the Tyranny of Dragons story. :P

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2014 :  07:36:04  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I had thought Tiamat was the guard dog of Baators first layer?

Tiamat's domain was situated adjacent to the gateway between Avernus and Dis.

She had a rather special relationship with both the Lord of the First and the Dark 8 (even going so far as to collaborate with Pearza on the creation of the abishai, and having a child with Cantrum). So yeah a bit of a special relationship with the fiends.

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2014 :  11:06:39  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bel also loaned her his Dukes, so she's probably in the good books of the Dark Lord, in addition to the Dark Eight.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2014 :  01:22:18  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Fallen angels go down sometimes"

fallen angels... prostitutes... whatever you want to call them

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000