Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Beautiful Map work
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2014 :  16:46:22  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Check out this amazing artist who's burning a map of the Realms onto leather.

https://plus.google.com/103954070698517437701/posts/NdNNaqW1mBu

Can't wait to see the final piece, so i'll be watching her site and linking to her on Google+.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2014 :  17:12:28  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is really impressive work.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2014 :  17:20:26  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great stuff. Thanks for the heads up, Steven.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2014 :  17:23:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I proclaim that to be quite nifty.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2014 :  18:47:11  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's beautiful already!

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Finglas Leaflock
Acolyte

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2014 :  19:05:08  Show Profile Send Finglas Leaflock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! What a great project!
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1151 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2014 :  19:52:12  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope to see it on Pawn Stars one day, at which point I'll be taking a drive out to Nevada.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2014 :  20:00:53  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm picking my jaw up off the floor as I type. Good stuff there.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  02:30:38  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is amazing work...not something you can simply "do over" if you seriously mess up! A true labor of love!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  02:33:31  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I gotta say that is the most impressive fan work I've ever seen. I would pay for that piece!

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  04:48:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

It's beautiful already!

Indeed. It would almost be a shame to *ruin* the decorative appearance of the map with the application of place names, locations and so forth.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  07:13:10  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is wonderful ! Beautiful work Deven Rue !

Edited by - Marco Volo on 10 Sep 2014 07:13:34
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  22:12:17  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Ahem...all tomes and scrolls (be they of paper or leather) must be submitted to me personally at Candlekeep

::makes ample room on study wall::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2014 :  00:39:34  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow, wish I could see exactly what he's doing... it looks like there is actual depth, like he's cutting out pieces of leather to put on another piece of leather. Could just be an illusion though by camera.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2014 :  01:00:35  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

wow, wish I could see exactly what he's doing... it looks like there is actual depth, like he's cutting out pieces of leather to put on another piece of leather. Could just be an illusion though by camera.

You could ask her via her Google+ profile or her website as per her process. I'm just watching in amazement, myself.

Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2014 :  01:46:50  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazing! Thank you for sharing this! I'm certain she could do very well selling those, especially at GenCon!

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2014 :  07:34:13  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great !!Thanks

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2014 :  20:25:35  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The artist finished the project! Link and it is beautiful!

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2014 :  20:34:13  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

The artist finished the project! Link and it is beautiful!

Thanks for the follow-up! I'd missed that post in my Google+ feed until I got the notice this subject had updated.

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2014 :  20:40:18  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problem! And thank you for introducing me to the artist!

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  04:27:50  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simply fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  06:12:14  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Prefect! I really do hope they decide to sell some copies of this wondrous map! I can imagine the faces of my players now if I were to lay this on the table and unroll it! God, they would be so envious! Not only that, it would also add so much flavor to playing D&D!

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  15:48:22  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My one and only complaint is that it cuts off the utter east of Faerūn (as most maps of the continent do). I would have loved to have seen it go as far as Ulgarth and Semphar. Otherwise, I think it's absolutely brilliant.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  16:19:48  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Be a sweet player's handout to have.
Go to Top of Page

Thrasymachus
Learned Scribe

195 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  16:39:44  Show Profile Send Thrasymachus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow
My trigger hand actually twitched towards my credit card without me realizing it.
That's *snipping expletive to save the admins time* beautiful.

Former Forgotten Realms brand manager Jim Butler: "Everything that bears the Forgotten Realms logo is considered canon".
Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  11:43:00  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
O.O

Now I want one.

Hmm... Wonder if I could turn some pictures of that into an NWN placeable...

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

Plaguescarred
Learned Scribe

Canada
190 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  13:16:09  Show Profile Send Plaguescarred a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Really niice map!!

Yan
Playtester
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000