Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Courtesans, Bohemians, Monsters - my Realms fics.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roseweave
Learned Scribe

Ireland
212 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  03:27:54  Show Profile  Visit Roseweave's Homepage Send Roseweave a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been playing in a 4th Edition Forgotten Realms/Neverwinter Campaign for some time now and getting perhaps a little too much into her character and the NPCs in her backstory, I have written quite a bit about them.

Keep in mind that I'm not much of an expert on Realms-lore, though I do try to make things fit where I can, it does intentionally take a lot of liberties with the setting. It is based on my GM's game world which players a little loser with some concepts and my character's father is an artificer who may have learned his trade in Eberron.

I've yet to write much in the way of fics involving my character outright, so you won't get a very good idea of what she's like as such, but she still has a lot of effect on what happens in some of the stories.

Here's the Tumblr post I made containing some character descriptions and links to the stories -
http://crystallineprincess.tumblr.com/tagged/dungeons%20and%20dragons

Here's an archive with some character pics from the campaign and her backstory - http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/dollywitch/library/neverwinter/Portraits?sort=6&page=1

Unfortunately they're far too long to link here, there's a total of nearly 100 pages of stuff - chicken feed for a novel of course but for backstory and sidefics it is a little excessive.

Thanks for reading!

Roseweave
Learned Scribe

Ireland
212 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  03:37:59  Show Profile  Visit Roseweave's Homepage Send Roseweave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the only thing I had that was short enough to post here. Rey'sula was a character our GM came up along with a number of other adventurers that were shallow and overly dramatic in the vein of many teen dramas. Their party ended up being called Adventuring Party 90210.

The following is a series of letters exhcanged between Ellie & Rey'sula beginning not long after she departed the Sky Tower. With servants of varying varieties and magical sending, letters conveniently start to become more like emails. Ellie's personality comes across as somewhat different when she's writing.

Dear Eleonora,

I deeply enjoyed our time together! I was in such a distraught state – you understand – and I am very appreciative of you both as a friend and in a professional capacity that you offered me such counsel in a time of need. I can see why you are so renowned as a courtesan and as a lady. Being around testosterone riddled adventurers takes it's toll on a girl – such unwarranted attention! I wish they were all as well trained as your Arak, Mikel and Osrikh(say hello to them for me!). Sometimes I do appreciate a lady's touch in matters of the heart, and there are few ladies as great as Madama L'Aurore. Aside from myself of course!

I apologise for my perhaps somewhat abrupt exit, and I hope that this did not upset you. I also very much enjoyed the company of your friends, and I apologise once more for our unruly behaviour. I hope my special candle was sufficient compensation for your time, your companionship and your insight. (It is black & purple, and thus one of my favourites.) I often used it when I needed to hide from Yerche and his relentless pursuits. I am saddened that we had such trouble lighting the other candle. Perhaps if you collect more of those mushrooms and herbs again we can try making one again soon – I look forward to it!

Your adoring friend,

Rey'sula

Dear Rey'sula;

I am pleased to hear that my council aided you with your emotional recovery. I weary myself with concern for the well-being in mind, spirit and physical fortitude of my friends – I do not mean to say as such to inflate my own moral stature – though I admit I am known to engage such in folly – but to remind you that I am the sort of poor, guileless fool who can be entrusted with the fleeting matters of a young girl's heart, and am always here at your behest. I must confess that on past occasions, when we have encountered one another; I was in my imperfection unable to divine a deeper sense of your nature – having, as many a harpy has in her bruiting, beholden you to an image of youthful trifling – but women such as us must learn to look past such things. Our more intimate encounter, was truly a most revealing light shone on your hidden depths.

I am very much humbled by your kindly and considerate gifting of the Enshrouding candle – as concealment has been an issue when coordinating party actions – the same party whom I shall, of course, forward your eternally appreciated well-wishings to. Understand, of course, that while it is important to me that my time and skills are valued – and how often these Longshots forget this, with all my galloping around crafting magical trinkets, working public relations with all sorts of unsavoury types, scheming & co-ordinating manoeuvres, fixing their clothes and whatnot! - I would not have left a valued friend such as your gracious self to suffer by the whims of capricious men should she call on me for support.

I pray to Sune and Liira that we encounter one another once more soon! Whether you wish to avail of my services, or simply attend a gala together.

Your grateful Servant,

Eleonora Prismriver.

Dear Ellie;

While I appreciate the flattery; I am very curious as to what you mean by “youthful trifling”. As I've come to understand – despite being raised by humans, and having a (supposedly, but I've heard rumours which complicate matters) human parent, you are quite young for an Eladrin, and have stated your physical & mental maturity to be, and I quote “About 18 or 19 or so, though I've been stuck there for a while, I think.” which would suggest to me that you are not in fact my senior at all. I get that regardless of maturity you still have a lot of life experience and years actually lived in human society and whatever and this stuff isn't so simple or consistent(I am half-elf myself, or do you forget?) but I cannot help feel that you're looking down on me, and elevating yourself based on the fact that you're not looking down on me as much as people are apparently meant to. And what's this I hear about that older guy being your Dad? That's gross Ellie.

Your somewhat befuzzled and upset associate(or should I say “client”?)

Rey'sula.

Dear Rey'sula -

Please do not mistake my sincerity! I apologise in earnest – reading back to myself a copy of the letter I kept, I can see how it would be construed as being condescending. It is a well known vice of mine that rises it's ugly head to the surface like a pompous shark breaking the water's surface with it's fin – and reading such a letter in that context, it is quite natural that you may interpret the intent of my correspondence in such a way. However – and I am aware my intent does not erase your own personal grievance – I merely said such things because during our relations, you stated quite clearly to me many of your associates, including those in Adventuring Company 90210, regarded you as such – and I was merely reasserting to you that this was not the case. This was one of the central concerns we were trying to address, but perhaps I was overly naïve to presume a single session of soothing solidarity would be sufficient to reconcile this.

I must apologise – and I cannot, on my honour as a Fae and as a courtesan, lie to you – the older man you encountered was indeed my father, Alexander Sondheim. There is a long, bemusing and Byzantine collection of circumstances behind his presence that night – but in part there was an imperative matter of the Arcane sort involving my ungovernable sister - that needed resolving in a prompt fashion. I cannot atone enough for my association with the knave, for his importunate nature and how his best intentions can often turn to opportunism.

Eternally your repentant friend,

Ellie.

Dear Ellie,

Wait, so you're telling me I not only made out with your Dad, but your sister too? Ew! Maybe for some hussies that'd be an achievement but I for one am severely grossed out by you and your creepy family. I had fun – and it was an experience – but I'm telling you now I'm going no further down this rabbit hole.

~ Rey'sula

Dear Rey'sula,

Once more, I cannot apologise enough. However please understand that my own involvement with this was very limited. When I realised what had happened, please believe that I found myself to be in a similar state of Melancholy to yourself. Knowing full well the confusion and distress my father and familial issues in general can inflict on others, I sought you out to comfort you out of a matter of principle, both in picking up after that man and in allaying the dismay of a friend. I'm also relatively certain that this came up during our session, though I understand that night did not greet you with kindness, so in your confusion it may have slipped your mind.

Your loving sister-in-arms;
Ellie.

Dear Skank,

Yeah, and in your infinite kindness and wisdom managed to profit from my sadness.

Whore.

~Rey'sula

Dear Rey'sula,

In actuality I never asked for payment, though it is generally accepted that those who come to my chambers make an offering of some sort. If you have such an issue with the concept of a whore, then I am unsure why you went to see one(or why you dress as one). Perhaps Vaen had her fill of your “friendship”? Is this why your party has at least one differing face every time we meet?

~ Eleonora Prismriver.

Dear Ellie,

your cooch smells like cheap pixie dust.

~Rey'sula

Dear Rey'sula;

Girl. You did not just say that. I am so done here.

~ Ellie

(1 day later)

Hey Ellie;

do you want to go shopping? I'm bored. How are the Goliath Games? Can I come? Are there any hot goliath guys? I mean aside from Arak of course. Hope you're enjoying the candle.

~ Rey'sula

Dear Rey'sula,

Sigh.... fine. I'll think about it. Just try to keep out of trouble.

~ Ellie

Edited by - Roseweave on 31 Aug 2014 03:41:25
Go to Top of Page

Roseweave
Learned Scribe

Ireland
212 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2014 :  20:57:33  Show Profile  Visit Roseweave's Homepage Send Roseweave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://crystallineprincess.tumblr.com/tagged/short-stoies

Here's a better link, up to date.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000