Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Royal Palace of the Purple Dragon
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2014 :  02:52:19  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I thought this information would come in handy one day.

Enjoy.

-- George Krashos

Hot damn George! Thanks very much for posting all that information.

I better get on it.

Completed "Cormyr: A Novel".
Completed "Elminster in Hell".
Completed "Death of the Dragon".
Completed "Stormlight".
Completed "Realms of Shadow".
Completed Dragon Magazine.

Cool, now on to my own collection of rooms from Elminster Must Die, Elminster Enraged and Bury Elminster Deep.

Thanks again George!

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 08 Sep 2014 05:23:11
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  14:21:47  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I thought this information would come in handy one day.

These rooms/features are from "Cormyr: A Novel" (hardcover). Page reference in brackets:

Satharwood Hall (p.38) [also known as the Upper Eastern Banqueting Hall (p.67)]
Belnshor's Chamber (p.49)
Chamber of Crossed Dogs (p.62)
Halantaver's Stair (p.67)
Endevanor's Hall (p.67)
Salon of Six Scepters (p.67)
Redpetal Room (p.73)
Gryphonsblade Hall (p.144)
Mirror Bower (p.149)
Hall of Heroes (p.149)
Argent Robing Room (p.149)
Gallant Gallery (p.150)
Marble Forehall (p.150)
Brightsun Bower (p.173)
Roaring Dragon Stair (p.175)
Trumpet Gate (p.175)
The Inner Ward (p.175)
Duskene Chamber (p.175)
The Retiring Rooms (p.175)
The Rooms of State (p.175)
Sword Portal (p.175)
The Processional (p.175)
Approach Chamber (p.175)
The Blue Maiden Room (p.176)
The Lion Cellar (p.181)
The Hidden Chambers (p.151) [secure part of the palace]
The Tower of the Balconies (p.288)
The Dragon Door (p.288)
Shrine of the Four Swords (p.294)
Hall of Honor (p.353)
Gemstars Hall (p.354)
Flamedance Hall (p.354)
Hall of the Dragon Throne (p.368) [throne room]

These are from "Elminster in Hell" (hardcover):

Hall of Scrolls and Ledgers (p.66)
The Lion Tower (p.81) [built in 1306 DR]
Chamber of the Brazen Fool (p.67)

These from "Death of the Dragon" (hardcover):

Royal Audience Hall (p.92)
Etharr Hall (p.290)
Review Balcony (p.374)

These from "Stormlight":

Salantrin's Hall (p.263)
Lionsrest Hall (p.266)

This from "Realms of Shadow":

Chamber of the Frostfire Candles (p.276)

These from various Dragon Magazine articles by Ed:

Red Helm Room (Dragon#286, p.75)
Western Robing Room (Dragon#276, p.78)
Valdasher's Solar (Dragon#276, p.79)
Room of the Ruby Archers (Dragon#276, p.79)

Enjoy.

-- George Krashos

I bow before thine Realms' devotedness.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2014 :  15:05:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like lists.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2014 :  09:14:43  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From "Bury Elminster Deep", hardcover edition.

7/9/2014:
Added the Room of the Watchful Sentinel.
Added Battlebanners Passage.

7/10/2014:
Added Loyal Maid's Hall
The Hall of Victories
Queen Alvandira's Bower

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 10 Sep 2014 06:11:46
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  06:49:45  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zat room, zat room, wutzit called... iz named for ze fat man, wiss ze booty...booteeful daughterz... zzo fat, he waz... but fast, deadly fast... hiz daughterzz died spinsters, zo the story goes... no man could best ze old fat man at his ssree challenges, you zee... outdrink him, then outfence him with a rapier, and then reszite the zeventeentss sztanza of ziss old elven love zonnet. Or wuz it ze zeventss? forty-zzird? Well! It duzn't matter anywayz, cuzz nobody ever got zat far. Porr young ladies. Well... old ladiez after a while. Nobody knowz how the old man lived szo long, but azz long as hiz daughterzz were alive, zo wuz he... keeping the rakez and szcoundrelz away. Wutt wuz hiz name? Zobo... Zehada.. Zounn... Zut, I can't remember. Ziss cunf...fownd... blaszted ale!

(Zorry, it came to me and I couldn't rezizt.)

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 10 Sep 2014 06:51:10
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  08:32:31  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sir!

Put the beer down and step away from the keyboard.

Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2014 :  09:10:18  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this is an amazingly good list and shows how much Palace Lore Ed has squeezed into his novels

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2014 :  04:49:16  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From a fine list of rooms provided by Ed Greenwood, all the following have been added to the list of rooms.

Firstly:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18725&whichpage=25#456124

Armral's Pumproom (the apparatus in this room, devised by the now-deceased Palace handyman Ingur Armral, can pump-flush many of the garderobes and their chutes, if manually "pumped up")

Imdauth's Retiring Room (a room of mirrors, wardrobes, steam-kettle presses, sewing tables, and chairs, for the use of ladies needing repairs to their garments, named for the fussy and long-dead Palace dresser who devised and first equipped it)

Javohndur's Butlery (a kitchen and relaxation room for the underservants, grooms, equerries, et al of visitors to the Royal Palace; named for a long-ago steward who created the first such butlery, a smaller and long-demolished chamber elsewhere in the Palace)

Quessarium Hall (a glass-roofed conservatory/greenhouse on the upper floor of the Palace, at the western end, farthest from the gardens, where flowers are grown for Palace table arrangements sheltered from rains and other severe weather; named for a stunningly beautiful young lady-in-waiting of the Palace very early in Azoun IV's reign, who covertly entertained an astonishing number of manservants within it, including the gardeners who tended it)

Xantorth Hall (a little-used royal trophy room of sorts that houses preserved monster relics in glass cases, including tentacles and the much-shrunken central eye of the beholder for which it is named - - who like all the monsters whose parts are displayed here, was slain by an Obarskyr in the past; there are persistent rumors that this room is haunted, or that something valuable is hidden in it, tales reinforced by the standing order [from before the ascent of Azoun IV to the Dragon Throne] that the room be kept locked except for specific, approved-by-the-Crown [that is, King, Queen, or Royal Magician {plus Court Wizard, when this is a separate post}] entries)

Zhonder's Study (named for a Court Sage who perished in the reign of King Duar protecting royal records during the "troubles;" this room had been his workplace)

and

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18725&whichpage=25#456147

Omlath's Stair
This is a back staircase linking two floors of the Palace, that has little "open" (doorless) rooms at top and bottom, furnished with ovals of seating and sidetables. Often used by Palace staff and courtiers for brief, hushed conversations/consultations.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 13 Sep 2014 05:04:16
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2014 :  05:05:39  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
K, N, U and Y are all that's needed to get at least one room for each letter of the alphabet. Time to see what's left on my list(s) to post.

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2014 :  07:39:00  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Latest additions:

7/22/2014: The Room of the Fire Wyrm
10/8/2014: Hall of the Warrior King, Room of the Red Banner, Starander's Hall, Sunstatues Chamber, The Warhorn Room

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 06 Nov 2014 05:25:39
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  16:08:45  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wonderful Erin Evans gives us the Hall of Gazes in Fire in the Blood - http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/interviews/fire-blood

I haven't read it yet, so I don't have page numbers, but I'm sure someone else can chime in.

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 17 Oct 2014 16:09:19
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  05:26:03  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For November:

11/5/2014: edits

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2014 :  06:32:12  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For December:

12/8/2014: Added an entry for http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19510&whichpage=1#455167]"palace protocol[/url]. Also an entry for standing orders.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 09 Dec 2014 06:41:36
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000