Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Akantor
Acolyte

France
24 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  23:14:31  Show Profile  Visit Akantor's Homepage Send Akantor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi, Everybody.

So, here I am. It's been a while my different researchs lead me to this wonderful forum where I've read a lot of interesting and well documented things. And I finally enroled ;)

Please allow me to introduce myself. I play RPG since I was a kid, and DD since ADD. I discovered FR with ADD2, but I really explored it with 3.0/3.5. I've read a few novels too. I'm really a big fan, and quite amazed by the FR world. I'm really interested in canon informations, as my biggest pleasure is too fit in the background.

I'm both DM and player, but most of my research are around my cleric/wizard character, who needs to know precisely if he can teleport from Ordulin to Athkatla with his 14nth level teleport (for instance) ;)

Otherwise, I'm french and english is not my first language, so excuse me if some mistakes are present (don't hesitate to correct me, allways good to earn a few xp in tongue skill).

English is not my primary language so forgive me for any mistake, I do my best (and spend skill point at my next level)

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  23:27:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  23:35:25  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1400 miles covers a long distance. I would need to see how far Ordulin is from Athkatla to be sure if it could be a single spell. However at 14th level clearly two teleport spells could be readied if travel only 2,800 miles. *G*

Welcome to candlekeep.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Akantor
Acolyte

France
24 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  23:57:47  Show Profile  Visit Akantor's Homepage Send Akantor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your welcome.

@Kentinal actually I did the calculation on the map, and it is a around 1400. So around that information about the curvation of the planet may make a difference ;)

English is not my primary language so forgive me for any mistake, I do my best (and spend skill point at my next level)
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2014 :  03:02:43  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Akantor, and welcome to the forums.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2014 :  04:26:05  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
welcome to the forums Akantor!

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2014 :  16:09:07  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Keep Akantor!

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Akantor
Acolyte

France
24 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2014 :  17:06:15  Show Profile  Visit Akantor's Homepage Send Akantor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all.

Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2014 :  08:23:51  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met Akantor.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000