Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 NotH, Extra insight on Many Arrows and Tos'un
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  09:53:42  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
During the 2nd last issue of Dragon Magizine (Issue #429) R.A and Bryan Salvatore wrote an article on whats going on with Many Arrows during the Sundering. It also features the part with Tos'un and his daughter went back to the underdark. Here is an extract from the article that should give some more clarity to the situation.

quote:
The Sundering
When the greater races and gods become embroiled in some titanic event, the orcs usually become pawns in a larger game. So it is with Dark Arrow Keep and the Sundering.

The Sundering is, above all, a time of chaos, andin such a tumultuous environment, Lolth the DemonQueen of Spiders plots and tries to twist the eventsto her favor. On a personal level, the Spider Queenwent after her most infamous exile, the rogue DrizztDo’Urden. She engaged in a proxy war with Mielikki,using susceptible mortals of different heart than Drizzt to coax his emotional fall, to tempt his soul,and to turn him to her darkness. But Lady Lolth haslost that battle, at least for now.
On a grander scale, Lolth has set her sights onthe Weave of Magic, hoping to claim the arcane asher domain.

To further both these ends, the Demon Queen of Spiders has turned her eyes to the Silver Marches and Dark Arrow Keep. The capital is already unstable,with the descendants of Obould trying to hold the course of their visionary ancestor against the primal urges of the warlike orcs, as well as the fanatical traditionalists among their ranks who long for war and lust for blood. Lolth has found in the Silver Marches,the land Drizzt long called home, a region on the edge of war—so on the edge, in fact, that the first salvoes had been exchanged before the Spider Queen urged her minions to move.

In the elven stronghold in the Glimmerwood, a pair of half-drow, half-elf siblings battled for possessionof their drow father’s sentient and wicked sword,Khazid’hea. The blade had come into the hands of Tos’un Armgo, a refugee from the Menzoberranzan-Mithral Hall War a century before. The pragmatic and desperate young drow had found a new homeamong the wood elves, and there had married Sinnafein,who would become the leader of the clan.

Khazid’hea—or perhaps it was the sword in addition to the drow heritage—corrupted the children of Tos’un and Sinnafein. In a struggle to the death, Doum’wielle killed her brother Tierflin and fled with the blade. Chased by the elves—particularly by her determined parents—Doum’wielle made her way across the borders of the Kingdom of Many-Arrows and to the cave her father had long ago used as his exit from the Underdark.

Tos’un and Sinnafein were in close pursuit of their daughter, but were themselves being pursued closely by an orc patrol. To buy some time, Tos’un sacrificed Sinnafein, hobbling her so that she could not escape. Leaving her on the doorstep of the Underdark entrance, the drow chased his daughter into the lightless tunnels.

Sinnafein fought mightily when the orcs came upon her, but hobbled as she was, she could not prevail against so many. The victorious orcs didn’t kill her immediately, because as luck would have it, the leader of the orc patrol was none other than Lorgru,the son (and expected heir) of King Obould.

Lorgru saw an opportunity to further the vision shared by all the members of Obould’s dynasty. In an act of mercy, he arranged for Sinnafein’s return to her people, envisioning improved relations with the elves of the Glimmerwood. Indeed, Lorgru’s vision might have come to pass, except that his action outraged the traditionalists of Dark Arrow Keep—particularly the vicious War Chief Hartusk—who had been plotting amost gruesome execution for the elf leader. And so this act of mercy, kindness, and diplomacy that Lorgru hoped would bring about a more stable peace and improve his standing in his own dynasty, would provide the spark for an outbreak of war. When the dark elves returned to the Silver Marches behind Tos’un and Doum’wielle, all the necessary components to set Lolth’s war in motion were already roiling before them.

Just a D&D fan

Edited by - MonsterEnvy on 31 Jul 2014 09:55:27

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  11:32:13  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, a lot of this is covered in the forthcoming Rise of the King; i.e. holy spoilers, Batman!
Go to Top of Page

yurilowell
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  13:46:13  Show Profile Send yurilowell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well this helps clarify things and sets up the next book pretty well. Nice article. Good for those of us who haven't checked out the comics telling the story of his children and Khazid'hea. Very interesting about Tos'un sacrificing his wife. Deep down he is still a drow after all. I hope Bob fleshes out Doum’wielle even more. Love her character. Half-drow, battle mage/spell sword wielding Khazid'hea. Very cool.

"It's a Drizzit!!!"

“Get him, ser, get him, get him, he's right there!!!”
Go to Top of Page

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  21:45:58  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of this info come out before Night of the Hunter and Cutter were released. So it can't really be considered spoilers.

Just a D&D fan
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  22:56:15  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting; when did issue 429 come out? If it was before Cutter and Rise of the King were published, RAS spoilered his own books!

Edited by - BenN on 31 Jul 2014 22:59:36
Go to Top of Page

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  23:58:08  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

Interesting; when did issue 429 come out? If it was before Cutter and Rise of the King were published, RAS spoilered his own books!

November 2013.

Just a D&D fan
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  00:01:22  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rise of the King comes out September 30th, yes? And I am disappointed in Tos'un's actions. I was rooting for him. I don't want Drizzt to be the only exception to the drow race, other than the Eilistraeens.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

charger_ss24
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  00:09:41  Show Profile Send charger_ss24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Rise of the King comes out September 30th, yes? And I am disappointed in Tos'un's actions. I was rooting for him. I don't want Drizzt to be the only exception to the drow race, other than the Eilistraeens.

I would consider Jarlaxle an exception as well, even if he isn't cut from the same cloth at Drizzt.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  00:16:14  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True, as are most drow of Bregon D'earthe. It just seems like WotC is going back to the "drow are evil!" stance. I was hoping Tos' un would be different

Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  01:36:29  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've read Rise of the King (Net Galley), and without spoilering anything, its a bit more complicated & nuanced than it seems now....... ;)

I'm interested in what happens with Doum'wielle; not only does she have to live her Drow heritage, she also has to somehow overcome the malign influence of her sword.....
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  01:58:30  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

True, as are most drow of Bregon D'earthe. It just seems like WotC is going back to the "drow are evil!" stance. I was hoping Tos' un would be different

Drow are to be considered evil by default, and I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise for most of Bregan Daerthe's drow. Only a few have been dealt with in detail, but let's take a look.

1) Kimmuriel - Clearly evil. The only times he ever shows emotion are when he delights in torturing or killing someone (or watching it done by others).

2) Rai-guy - Clearly evil. He was probably the most outwardly sadistic member.

3) Berginyon - Definitely evil. Sharlotta Vespers was terrified of him.

4) Valas Hune - He seems pretty neutral. His only concern is his own survival, and unlike most drow, he won't hurt anyone unless it's necessary. Also had a good friendship with Ryld Argith, which is of course unusual for drow.

5) Beniago - Assassin and spy in Luskan. Definitely evil.

I think Bregan Daerthe is less chaotic evil than the priestesses of Lolth. Because they are led by Jarlaxle (who along with Valas, is the only "neutral" drow in the band), they tend to focus more on making money than randomly doing evil for its own sake. However, the drow of BD casually commit many evil acts in the books.
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  02:22:08  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I honestly didn't like the parts in the last book concerning Tos'un and Doum'wielle. Just felt really stupid that they thought going to the Underdark was a good idea considering how Doum'wielle was going to be treated.

There was even a part in the book where it really looked like that one of the male commanders was ordered to rape Doum'wielle to "put her in her place" but I was under the impression that Drow didn't do stuff like that.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

Edited by - Tanthalas on 01 Aug 2014 02:23:42
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  02:31:40  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps I phrased that wrong. BD members have definitely done some nasty things, but I prefer them over the priestesses. Yes, drow are evil by default, but there are those who are more "rebellious", for lack of a better word. I don't want a bunch of Drizzt's running around (though I like Drizzt), but it just seems like Tos' un had a lot going for him. He married an elf, and he seemed to be a genuine guy. Now, all of a sudden, he goes "all drow" again. It just bothered me.

I am a big Valas Hune fan. I hope we see more of him. He and Jarlaxle were the only thing that made [I]Gauntlgrym [I] bearable for me. I was like "oh, guest star appearance by Valas!" Lol

Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  02:46:12  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

I honestly didn't like the parts in the last book concerning Tos'un and Doum'wielle. Just felt really stupid that they thought going to the Underdark was a good idea considering how Doum'wielle was going to be treated.

There was even a part in the book where it really looked like that one of the male commanders was ordered to rape Doum'wielle to "put her in her place" but I was under the impression that Drow didn't do stuff like that.

I'm guessing that you're going by the matriarchal system. Yes, by the rules of drow society, females are better than males, and no female should ever be raped. Of course, we know that the drow are chaotic evil, so their rules only provide a thin veneer of civilization. In reality, nobody follows the rules.

And you must also consider that she's a daarthir. Despite being a woman, she's half surface elf. Pretty much any male drow could rape her without consequence. When you factor in that the drow commander was probably a noble, he had no reason to fear anything. Drow females would probably watch a surface elf be raped and cheer the males on. We've seen how the drow treat humans, goblins, orcs, etc., and they have no particular grudge against those races. Surface elves are their most hated enemies, even more so than dwarves.

When Dahlia was initially captured by the drow (along with Drizzt and Entreri), they were explicitly threatening to rape her too. And one of the drow females was reminiscing about the time she raped Entreri during his previous captivity in Menzoberranzan. She actually mistook him for another human, but it just showed how common it is for that to happen to slaves in Menzo. The drow are sick.
Go to Top of Page

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  02:55:04  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well lets look at Tos'un's options. His daughter murdered his son he does not want his daughter to get punished or killed by Orcs and she is running to the underdark so he and his wife chased after her. They are fallowed by Orcs and in order to avoid being captured by the Orcs so he can reach his daughter he makes it so that his wife can't outrun the Orcs.

Now he catches up to his daughter and here are his choices he can go back to the elves were his daughter will be punished for murdering her brother plus he just screwed over his wife the Elves leader and likely caused her death. (He has no idea the Orcs let her go) Even if she did live he likely does not think she would forgive him.

Honestly the Underdark seemed like a safer bet to him.

Just a D&D fan
Go to Top of Page

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  02:58:35  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilianviaten

quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

I'm guessing that you're going by the matriarchal system. Yes, by the rules of drow society, females are better than males, and no female should ever be raped. Of course, we know that the drow are chaotic evil, so their rules only provide a thin veneer of civilization. In reality, nobody follows the rules.

And you must also consider that she's a daarthir. Despite being a woman, she's half surface elf. Pretty much any male drow could rape her without consequence. When you factor in that the drow commander was probably a noble, he had no reason to fear anything. Drow females would probably watch a surface elf be raped and cheer the males on. We've seen how the drow treat humans, goblins, orcs, etc., and they have no particular grudge against those races. Surface elves are their most hated enemies, even more so than dwarves.

When Dahlia was initially captured by the drow (along with Drizzt and Entreri), they were explicitly threatening to rape her too. And one of the drow females was reminiscing about the time she raped Entreri during his previous captivity in Menzoberranzan. She actually mistook him for another human, but it just showed how common it is for that to happen to slaves in Menzo. The drow are sick.

Plus just look at Gromph for a Male Drow that could likely do anything he wanted in the City even if it was a Priestess. His sister the Matron Mother of the first house could not do shit against him.

Just a D&D fan
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  03:48:17  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gromph won't even entertain the thought of acting against Matron Quenthel since the events of the last novel. She is very much "like" her dearly departed mother now. And she'd destroy him. ;)

Edited by - Eilserus on 01 Aug 2014 03:50:02
Go to Top of Page

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  04:47:30  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

Gromph won't even entertain the thought of acting against Matron Quenthel since the events of the last novel. She is very much "like" her dearly departed mother now. And she'd destroy him. ;)

I know that he would not act against her, but he is responsible for making her like that in the first place. Added on I would still say he is more powerful then she is. But for now I doubt he would act against her.

Honestly I have a feeling Quenthel will die in this series of books.

Just a D&D fan

Edited by - MonsterEnvy on 01 Aug 2014 05:26:31
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  05:53:53  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Perhaps I phrased that wrong. BD members have definitely done some nasty things, but I prefer them over the priestesses. Yes, drow are evil by default, but there are those who are more "rebellious", for lack of a better word. I don't want a bunch of Drizzt's running around (though I like Drizzt), but it just seems like Tos' un had a lot going for him. He married an elf, and he seemed to be a genuine guy. Now, all of a sudden, he goes "all drow" again. It just bothered me.

I am a big Valas Hune fan. I hope we see more of him. He and Jarlaxle were the only thing that made [I]Gauntlgrym [I] bearable for me. I was like "oh, guest star appearance by Valas!" Lol

I like the priestesses for being sadistic and sexy at the same time, but of course I prefer Bregan Daerthe as well. What makes them so cool is that Jarlaxle only picks drow who fascinate him. So they are all unique. Rai guy was a male cleric of Lolth (which I didn't know was possible). Kimmuriel acts more like an illithid than a drow most of the time. Very interesting collection of characters.

And as you say, Valas Hune is a boss. I'm really curious about his current status. In Neverwinter, Beniago thinks to himself that as a lieutenant of Bregan Daerthe, only Jarlaxle, Kimmuriel, and Valas outrank him. We know that Jarlaxle and Kimmuriel serve as co-leaders, but Valas's position hasn't been detailed beyond that. Plus, he doesn't seem to be involved in any of the current plotting in the Silver Marches.
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  06:02:28  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MonsterEnvy

quote:

I know that he would not act against her, but he is responsible for making her like that in the first place. Added on I would still say he is more powerful then she is. But for now I doubt he would act against her.

I agree that Gromph is likely more powerful than Quenthel. They are probably roughly the same level, but I would take a wizard over a cleric at the same level. As the archmage, he has such a crazy assortment of magical items too.

I won't include any spoilers, but Gromph also has 2 trump cards that Quenthel doesn't know about. All her attention is focused on uniting Menzo under her rule, directing the war in the Silver Marches, and helping Lolth take over the Weave. That leaves Gromph a lot of time to work behind the scenes.

Go to Top of Page

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  07:26:24  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree that Gromph is likely more powerful than Quenthel. They are probably roughly the same level, but I would take a wizard over a cleric at the same level. As the archmage, he has such a crazy assortment of magical items too.

I won't include any spoilers, but Gromph also has 2 trump cards that Quenthel doesn't know about. All her attention is focused on uniting Menzo under her rule, directing the war in the Silver Marches, and helping Lolth take over the Weave. That leaves Gromph a lot of time to work behind the scenes.

Nah Gromph would be a higher level as well given that he has a ton of years on her. Combined with the fact that everyone more or less considered her a joke prior to Gromph enhancing her.

In 3.5 stats alone Gromph was level 22 compared to her 19. In 5e I would put Gromph probbaly around level 17 and Quenthel level 13 or 14

Just a D&D fan
Go to Top of Page

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  07:29:46  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Rai guy was a male cleric of Lolth (which I didn't know was possible)

Just look at Lereth the Beautiful. He was Male Human Cleric of Lolth and favored. (Given his high potential I would say it's nice to naturally have 18s in 3 stats and not be lower then a 14 in any other.)

Just a D&D fan
Go to Top of Page

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  11:03:29  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just looking futher in the Article and it mentions the Darkening.

It also said what Obould does during it and I don't think I should post the the part of the article in fear of it spoiling events in Rise of the King.

Just a D&D fan
Go to Top of Page

rapunzel77
Acolyte

29 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  15:29:20  Show Profile Send rapunzel77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm new to this forum although I've been lurking for some time. Where can I find this article from Dragon magazine. Apparently all the article archives have been taken off of the Dungeons and Dragons site.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  16:42:11  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the articles are on the Wizards website, but you have to subscribe to them. I haven't read any of the articles, either. Welcome to Candlekeep, btw!

And I would choose Gromph over Quenthel anyday. He may be evil too, but I have a love/hate relationship with him, whereas I just hate Quen.

Go to Top of Page

rapunzel77
Acolyte

29 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  17:25:32  Show Profile Send rapunzel77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think the articles are on the Wizards website, but you have to subscribe to them. I haven't read any of the articles, either. Welcome to Candlekeep, btw!

And I would choose Gromph over Quenthel anyday. He may be evil too, but I have a love/hate relationship with him, whereas I just hate Quen.

I agree that I would choose Gromph as well. I am wondering if he has stopped trying to plot against her and against Lolth (we know from previous books that he doesn't care for Lolth much) since she is kinda like Yvonnel now.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  17:42:08  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If we're talking stats prior to the events of Night of the Hunter, I agree with Gromph winning. Now, I'm not sure he'd win. I'm looking at this from the perspective that Quenthel is effectively Yvonnel now, with a ton of her experience from her 2,000 years or so long life.

If I was to translate the events of that novel into a rules fashion, Quenthel probably gained a level or five from her sessions. The old Matron Baenre was quoted as saying she had the power to snuff the life out of any drow in the city, including any Matron Mother. It's possible Quenthel has that ability now too.

Just a thought anyways. Really curious as to where RAS is going to take us with this new "Eternal Servant". Makes a person wonder if Matron Yvonnel Baenre really lost the favor of Lolth before she was killed. I'm half expecting her to be reborn as Gromph's daughter, much like the Companions of the Hall.
Go to Top of Page

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  17:43:30  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rapunzel77

I'm new to this forum although I've been lurking for some time. Where can I find this article from Dragon magazine. Apparently all the article archives have been taken off of the Dungeons and Dragons site.

I got it from Wizards during a brief amount of time I was subscribed but you can pretty easily find it online now as I just checked.

quote:

If we're talking stats prior to the events of Night of the Hunter, I agree with Gromph winning. Now, I'm not sure he'd win. I'm looking at this from the perspective that Quenthel is effectively Yvonnel now, with a ton of her experience from her 2,000 years or so long life.

If I was to translate the events of that novel into a rules fashion, Quenthel probably gained a level or five from her sessions. The old Matron Baenre was quoted as saying she had the power to snuff the life out of any drow in the city, including any Matron Mother. It's possible Quenthel has that ability now too.

Just a thought anyways. Really curious as to where RAS is going to take us with this new "Eternal Servant". Makes a person wonder if Matron Yvonnel Baenre really lost the favor of Lolth before she was killed. I'm half expecting her to be reborn as Gromph's daughter, much like the Companions of the Hall.

That is probably due to her status as ruler of the Most powerful Drow House in the city. Not due to personal power. (Though I would say she was pretty powerful herself.)

And Gromph's daughter is pretty much sure to become Yvonnel given that Quen said to have the Mind Flayer implant Yvonnel's memories into the Baby.

Just a D&D fan

Edited by - MonsterEnvy on 01 Aug 2014 17:48:09
Go to Top of Page

rapunzel77
Acolyte

29 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  19:02:21  Show Profile Send rapunzel77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by MonsterEnvy

I got it from Wizards during a brief amount of time I was subscribed but you can pretty easily find it online now as I just checked.

[quote]

Hmm, I might be looking in the wrong place. They have upgraded their site so it is a bit difficult to find the Dragon archives on it. Where did you check?
Go to Top of Page

MonsterEnvy
Acolyte

Canada
14 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  20:30:24  Show Profile Send MonsterEnvy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rapunzel77

[quote]Originally posted by MonsterEnvy

[quote]

Hmm, I might be looking in the wrong place. They have upgraded their site so it is a bit difficult to find the Dragon archives on it. Where did you check?

Oh I got when I was subscribed. That was when the site was the old version. I just read the issue and noticed it was related to current events in the books.

What I mean if that if you looked up dragon magazine 429 you would probably be able to find a place to download it.

Just a D&D fan
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2014 :  02:27:58  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nah Gromph would be a higher level as well given that he has a ton of years on her. Combined with the fact that everyone more or less considered her a joke prior to Gromph enhancing her.

In 3.5 stats alone Gromph was level 22 compared to her 19. In 5e I would put Gromph probbaly around level 17 and Quenthel level 13 or 14

Well, the 4e FRCG states that they have both tried to kill each other a ton of times, and neither has obviously succeeded. So while I can certainly believe that Gromph is more powerful, it's not by a whole lot.

The key here is how much of Lolth's favor Quenthel has at any given time. This is always a danger for clerics, but particularly for drow. Lolth is much more fickle than most deities, which leads me to agree with your prediction. I think Quenthel, like her dead mother, loses Lolth's favor during this war and receives a gruesome death.

And on the note of Quenthel being considered a joke, that wasn't due to a lack of power. She's always been an impressive priestess. She was a joke because she was stupid.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000