Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 D&D 5ed phb
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  18:36:54  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone has got a copy of the players hand book yet? Friend of mine got one at connectivity Uk last weekend. I am going to have a peek next monday. I will take some pictures if you guys are interested.

Purple you say?!

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  18:40:13  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm interested in the appendix about the deities, more than the rules themselves. Maybe the PHB will give us a general picture of the FR pantheon in 5e.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  18:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will have a look.

Purple you say?!

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  20:07:11  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too am curious about Appendix B. I'd also like to know what they are doing in Appendix D, if it's not too much trouble. I imagine its just a few monsters to tide you over, but I'd like to know. Thanks much!

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  20:09:43  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Judging by the Paladin preview, I saw the half-orc wieling a shield with an upright gauntlet that was either Torm's or Helm's and there was Lathander's symbol in the corner.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  20:15:48  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's Helm's symbol afaik (but his return is already known). Also it looks like Tyr is back as well (he's included in the paladin excerpt and also in the description of 'The Order of the Gauntlet' in the Tyranny of Dragons factions page).

Above other deities, I wish to know if Eilistraee and Vhaeraun appear in the list, tho.

Edited by - Irennan on 30 Jul 2014 20:17:23
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  00:37:58  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes interested
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  02:38:03  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The God segment will be neutral. They even have write ups for zues.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  02:46:52  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, they're going to cover multiple pantheons, FR included. That's why I'm wondering if they will only include greater deities or mention/list lesser ones too.

EDIT: according to Mike Mearls, the appendix will list some of the Faerunian deities who made it to 5e, but not all of them.

Edited by - Irennan on 31 Jul 2014 10:20:02
Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  17:43:06  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will find out on Monday:)

Purple you say?!

Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  17:47:46  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am being dumb I ask him to Facebook me the list might find out today

Purple you say?!

Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  01:34:13  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  01:42:41  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mike Mearls has stated on twitter that not all of the FR Pantheon will be in the PHB, so don't asume that because your favourite isn't listed he or she or it is gone.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  13:51:42  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know about all the gods of Magic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000