Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Returning to the Forgotten Realms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blackthorne
Acolyte

Canada
0 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  21:48:44  Show Profile Send Blackthorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It's been a long voyage for me with the Dungeons and Dragons game. I have been playing the game since 1980 and took a couple of years off recently due to the inability to find decent players for a campaign. Having discovered Roll20 recently has brought about a renewed interest and desire to play. I am currently running a campaign beginning in Waterdeep and any ideas, lore, and or suggestions are welcome. I am going back through my old 2nd Edition boxed set as well as the newer 3.5 edition Waterdeep book for source information but would appreciate any help with some further lore on Waterdeep in 3.5 edition as well as Undermountain. Any art that I can use in the campaign would be incredibly appreciated! Thanks in advance and I look forward to speaking with some of you!

Edited by - Blackthorne on 25 Jul 2014 21:50:04

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  22:16:58  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here and here are some good pictures or maps of the Yawning Portal Inn. This bit of art gives a nice "aerial" view of the city.
This pdf from right here at Candlekeep is an invaluable Map of the City. It is a layered PDF, detailing sewers, streets, buildings, etc. You do need to open it on a computer, I haven't found an app for a tablet yet that lets you turn the different layers on and off.
Finally, this, while not very pretty, came in handy for me when I did a Waterdeep game a couple months ago. It's a list of most of the shops from the 2E Boxed Set, where they are located, and what sort of goods they carry. (If it doesn't work, PM me and I'll see what's wrong.)

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2014 :  12:47:24  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcom Blackthorne (I used that as a surname for a nobleman PC once).

Delwa that 3D picture of the Yawning Portal is great, where is it from?

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2014 :  16:16:41  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Welcom Blackthorne (I used that as a surname for a nobleman PC once).

Delwa that 3D picture of the Yawning Portal is great, where is it from?

I found it in a Google Image Search. It's posted on this blog, but I could have sword I've seen it elsewhere. I think it might be fanart.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

9thChapter
Learned Scribe

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2014 :  18:59:29  Show Profile  Visit 9thChapter's Homepage Send 9thChapter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Blackthorne!

If there is a spot at your table... :)

Fantasy author of The Rithhek Cage series

http://darrentpatrick.com/the-rithhek-cage-trilogy/
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2014 :  06:37:26  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are two links (LINK and LINK) to the free web enhancements written by Eric L. Boyd for the Waterdeep: City of Splendors hardback.

Oh, and well met.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 28 Jul 2014 06:38:21
Go to Top of Page

Kalreth Hindox
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2015 :  04:27:19  Show Profile Send Kalreth Hindox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

Here are two links (LINK and LINK) to the free web enhancements written by Eric L. Boyd for the Waterdeep: City of Splendors hardback.

I am also working on gathering anything I can about Waterdeep for a future campaign. The links for the web enhancements are no longer working. Can you provide those again?
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2015 :  13:09:27  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2015 :  13:11:10  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Here and here are some good pictures or maps of the Yawning Portal Inn. This bit of art gives a nice "aerial" view of the city.
This pdf from right here at Candlekeep is an invaluable Map of the City. It is a layered PDF, detailing sewers, streets, buildings, etc. You do need to open it on a computer, I haven't found an app for a tablet yet that lets you turn the different layers on and off.
Finally, this, while not very pretty, came in handy for me when I did a Waterdeep game a couple months ago. It's a list of most of the shops from the 2E Boxed Set, where they are located, and what sort of goods they carry. (If it doesn't work, PM me and I'll see what's wrong.)

Excellent map of Waterdeep, can't believe I missed that one. Thanks for posting!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2015 :  15:39:42  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kalreth Hindox

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

I am also working on gathering anything I can about Waterdeep for a future campaign. The links for the web enhancements are no longer working. Can you provide those again?

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20050928a

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060503a

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Blackthorne
Acolyte

Canada
0 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2015 :  06:22:02  Show Profile Send Blackthorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please accept my apology for not responding sooner. There were some family issues which prevented me from doing so until recently. I appreciate the warm welcome from all of you and to those who have shown interest, I will be contacting you to see if that interest is still there. Thanks again and I look forward to some fun gaming!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000