Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 5e Deities?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

forgottenfruit
Acolyte

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  17:49:34  Show Profile  Visit forgottenfruit's Homepage Send forgottenfruit a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Looking to roll into Adventurers League. Trying to find an updated list of all the current gods. I know Bhaal is back and The Sundering changed things around.

Any updated lists? Maybe we can make one here?

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  17:58:40  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mystra, Helm, Mask, Bhaal, Lathander are officially shown to be back.

Other previously absent deities are reported to have chosen, but there's nothing clear/explicit about them.

It has been said many times that the Sundering will bring all the gods back (and heck, even a very minor deity like Ibrandul seems to have a chosen), so technically you could choose any deity wou wish, but I think that we will have to wait for the FRCG for a complete list (maybe something like that will be in the PHB, tho).

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 24 Jul 2014 17:59:02
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2014 :  01:18:20  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bring all the gods back?

ALL HAIL KARSUS!

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Snow
Learned Scribe

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2014 :  02:19:23  Show Profile Send Snow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm truly looking forward to the return of Murdane. Whom we've never had a chance to read about or gameplay with any of her clergy. I posted this thread about 8 years ago here at Candlekeep. George Krashos did a terrific job at giving us some custom lore on Murdane for gameplay.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7762&SearchTerms=murdane

Also, I wonder if-&-when Tyche returns ... how that will impact Beshaba and Tymora?
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2014 :  03:12:43  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know EN World's Facebook page had a preview of the PHB's Table of Contents. One of the Appendices was titled, "Gods of the Multiverse." We should have at least a hint of what's going on with the PHB release.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2014 :  10:12:19  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's only 7 pages long. AFAIK it will cover RW mithology, Norse, DL and FR Pantheons, so either it will include only greater/intermediate FR deities, or we will get a list of the active lesser deities/demigods in the Realms.

Go to Top of Page

neuronphaser
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2014 :  18:58:56  Show Profile Send neuronphaser a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

It's only 7 pages long. AFAIK it will cover RW mithology, Norse, DL and FR Pantheons, so either it will include only greater/intermediate FR deities, or we will get a list of the active lesser deities/demigods in the Realms.

It will (cover other stuff besides FR)? I got the feeling from their way of speaking about the subject of gods that it would be strictly FR, with maybe a passing mention of other deities simply to illustrate examples.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2014 :  20:06:24  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember seeing Mike Mearls saying soemthing along those lines in an interview. Not so sure, tho.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000