Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Just Finished Crucible (Trial of Cyric the Mad)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  09:10:51  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Very enjoyable read, but I had some questions:

1. Why would reading the True Life of Cyric cure Cyric's madness?
2. What was the point of the accidental invulnerability granted to Malik by Tyr? Storywise, Malik's survival through the book could have just as easily been a result of having Cyric's heart in him. It seems silly for no reason.

Having Mystra's truth-telling spell backfire on a mortal and curse him with permanent honesty is one thing but piling on the Tyr thing too makes it look like wacky high-jinks for no reason. The god's don't know what their spells and such do?
3. Does Malik show up anywhere between this book and the Sentinel?
4. Does the Harper witch Ruha show up anywhere after Crucible?
5. I was sorta surprised by the way Rinda and Gwydion die in such an off-hand manner.
6. I was surprised bu how much of a joke Mask is in this. Is he really like this, or is this a function of Malik's slant on the story.
7. I wondered when I finished how much of this story is actually true. How much did Malik and Cyric alter in the telling?

Working my way through stuff prepping to read the Sundering books.

Hobbitfan sleepy :)

TBeholder
Great Reader

2383 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  12:20:42  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hobbitfan

2. What was the point of the accidental invulnerability granted to Malik by Tyr? Storywise, Malik's survival through the book could have just as easily been a result of having Cyric's heart in him.
Cyric did this with another god's hands, that's all.
quote:
It seems silly for no reason.

quote:
3. Does Malik show up anywhere between this book and the Sentinel?
Yes. Including "Return of the Archwizards".
quote:
4. Does the Harper witch Ruha show up anywhere after Crucible?
She follows Malik, mostly. Across half of the continent.
quote:
6. I was surprised bu how much of a joke Mask is in this. Is he really like this, or is this a function of Malik's slant on the story.
Mask was pulling shenanigans (up to hiding Kelemvor) behind Cyric's back until influenced by Cyrinishad, remember? He lost some power/status washing it off.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000