Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Just finished the God Catcher
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2014 :  19:07:33  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Great book!
Erin Evans writes good stuff.
Easily as good if not better than you guys let on in forums posts.

I'll try to write a longer commentary when I get home but I really enjoyed this one.
I liked Tennora alot.
I thought the mystery of Nestrix identity was well done.
Alot of interesting characters from the half-orc bounty-hunter through all the villains.

I am super excited to read the rest of Erin's Realms novels now...

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2014 :  21:34:34  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, this was an excellent novel. Actually, all of those Ed presents: Waterdeep novels were pretty good. I liked the vibe and where they were taking the overall story. I wish they would have stuck with those stories. I also miss the days when we had plenty of Realms novels to read.
Go to Top of Page

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2014 :  04:19:35  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I might have to check out the Ed Greenwood presents books....Mistshore and Blackstaff Tower both have alot of Sages here saying good things about them.

Go to Top of Page

hobbitfan
Learned Scribe

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2014 :  07:15:12  Show Profile Send hobbitfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had only 2 minor complaints: It seemed like Tennora developed thief skills rather quickly and conveniently.
And it seemed like the end was wrapped up rather quickly for my taste but that's probably more an issue having to do with meeting an assigned page count than anything else.

I'm gonna suggest the book to all my gaming friends.

When I finished the book, I was interested in further adventures with Tennora, Nestrix and Veron.
And I was interested in seeing Nazra again, maybe even using her as an Waterdeep NPC in my games.

Edited by - hobbitfan on 18 Jul 2014 07:26:04
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000