Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Araevin Teshurr and Galaeron Nihmedu
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  12:12:31  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Soooo... what ever happened to this mighty mage and Shadow Mage throughout the last century or so? It bothers me how two main characters of such major events get no follow up stories. Anyone know?

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  12:21:30  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Umm they retired to the Dales and lived happily ever after
Seriously though I completely agree with you that we should get some closure on these characters.
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  12:34:37  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would have liked to have seen them returning also (with Takari), to help defend Myth Drannor in The Herald.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2014 :  14:48:58  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah, who knows on that one
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2014 :  00:22:22  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just can't imagine they would not know what's going on.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2014 :  02:59:42  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've wondered that too, especially since Araevin had a stake in restoring Myth Drannor, and Gal would likely be interested in the whereabouts of Shade.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2014 :  10:43:14  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

Umm they retired to the Dales and lived happily ever after
Seriously though I completely agree with you that we should get some closure on these characters.

Dales? They were going to Vaasa. I mean, Galaeron and his little harem.

quote:
Originally posted by BenN

I would have liked to have seen them returning also (with Takari), to help defend Myth Drannor in The Herald.

What either of them forgot there? And if they did, why would they come only to the second act and skip the whole silly "elven reconquista" thing - especially since that time elves would be more likely to have run-ins with Phaerimm?

quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

and Gal would likely be interested in the whereabouts of Shade.

I'd think Galaeron had just enough troubles with shades to keep him supplied for three next lifetimes. Why would he actively seek the second portion after spending so much effort on convincing them to get lost?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2014 :  14:49:14  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

What either of them forgot there? And if they did, why would they come only to the second act and skip the whole silly "elven reconquista" thing - especially since that time elves would be more likely to have run-ins with Phaerimm?

Well, both Araevin and Galaeron have experience in repairing/manipulating damaged mythals (not to mention that Araevin had extensive knowledge of Myth Drannor's mythal), so I would have thought they would have been high on the list of individuals to whom the coronal sent calls for aid.

And as we've learned (from Ed's Tears so white), Myth Drannor's mythal was seriously weakened in advance of the Netherese assault, so you'd think it would be an 'all hands on deck' situation.....
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2014 :  16:46:23  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@TBeholder: I see your point, but considering the threat Shade had become, Galaeron might be interested, even if he personally wanted nothing to do with them again. He would probably feel some sort of responsibility.

I was happy to see Fflar and Ilsevele in The Herald, but I think Araevin should have been there too. I know he has the travel bug, but Myth Drannor was his home, he he would have wanted to have been there if it was under attack.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2014 :  16:59:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

@TBeholder: I see your point, but considering the threat Shade had become, Galaeron might be interested, even if he personally wanted nothing to do with them again. He would probably feel some sort of responsibility.

I was happy to see Fflar and Ilsevele in The Herald, but I think Araevin should have been there too. I know he has the travel bug, but Myth Drannor was his home, he he would have wanted to have been there if it was under attack.

Having not read the book, I don't know how reasonable an option this is... But do we know that he knew Myth Drannor was under attack? If he was travelling the wider Realms, or wandering the planes, he might not have known what was going on at home until it was over and done. And that's also assuming he is alive and doesn't have some reason for avoiding Myth Drannor, which is also possible, given the time difference betwixt the Reclamation and Shadefall.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

jerrod
Learned Scribe

157 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2014 :  00:00:03  Show Profile Send jerrod a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is said that arevin teshur rebuilt the mythal of myth drannor,.becoming a primary caster of it was supposed to give him the ability to sense when It was tampered with. He and even some of the ancient weavers of art in remade city of Fertelmir should've been able to sense it's emanate destruction.

I haven't been here in years but I used to be DARKFLAME MILLITHOR(DROW ARCHMAGE of wildmagic
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2014 :  10:59:09  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They are both arcane users. There is always the chance that they got killed during the spell plague.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2014 :  11:25:37  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tarlyn

They are both arcane users. There is always the chance that they got killed during the spell plague.

That makes sense but I hope that its not the case. It just seems like a waste.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2014 :  22:32:37  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All the more reason to avoid stupid timejumps in the future. I really liked Areavin as a character and he should have been present in the Herald, IMO. I really hope he isn't dead though. Gal I can live without though I did like him (I just really hated the whole return of Shade thing so not as interested).

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  12:32:18  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With a CG moon elf shadow mage, trained by the shadovar themselves, you'd think Shar would have been keeping an eye on him, or at least Rivalen wanting to know what he's up to at any given moment.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  17:18:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

With a CG moon elf shadow mage, trained by the shadovar themselves, you'd think Shar would have been keeping an eye on him, or at least Rivalen wanting to know what he's up to at any given moment.

I think it likely that after a few decades of not doing anything particularly noteworthy, interested parties would stop watching him.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  23:11:52  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They were both interesting, but tbh i could do without them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000