Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 5e Realms maps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2014 :  21:34:57  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Looks like we may have some 5e Realms maps out there in the wild. Check out Mike Schley's twitter page.

https://twitter.com/schley

eeorey
Seeker

Bulgaria
96 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2014 :  22:40:18  Show Profile Send eeorey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I rally like the style i which the maps are drawn, but is it just me or do the buildings in Menzoberranzan look like buildings you might see in an ordinary city? I always imagined drow buildings to be carved from/in the natural rock not so much built on top of it.
Also this is perhaps a testament to just how popular the drow are, first realms maps I've seen and they are of Menzo.

Edited by - eeorey on 06 Jun 2014 22:40:55
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2014 :  23:06:53  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeorey

I rally like the style i which the maps are drawn, but is it just me or do the buildings in Menzoberranzan look like buildings you might see in an ordinary city? I always imagined drow buildings to be carved from/in the natural rock not so much built on top of it.
Also this is perhaps a testament to just how popular the drow are, first realms maps I've seen and they are of Menzo.

Those maps are old AFAIK. Aren't they the same that were included in 4e sourcebook about Menzoberranzan?

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2014 :  00:33:51  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, those are from the Menzo book (a good, and fairly edition neutral book) and other "4e" books.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2014 :  03:40:34  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Yep, those are from the Menzo book (a good, and fairly edition neutral book) and other "4e" books.

Really? I just assumed this was new stuff from the nature of his posts. Given that I haven't seen any gaming material in years I guess it's easy for me to be confused.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2014 :  04:34:45  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Really? I just assumed this was new stuff from the nature of his posts. Given that I haven't seen any gaming material in years I guess it's easy for me to be confused.

Yeah, he's been making some of his previous art and cartography available to purchase as prints. He also is making the maps he drew for D&D encounters available for purchase as high resolution images you can print for games, or use on sites like Roll20.

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  11:08:49  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even if there *was* new content there it wouldn't tempt me to sign up for godsdamned twitter.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  12:49:10  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

Even if there *was* new content there it wouldn't tempt me to sign up for godsdamned twitter.

He posts links for most of his updates on Google+ as well. His website is its own place, though.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  17:30:39  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, now THIS is definitely a new 5E map. :D

http://my-realms.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-new-map-of-sword-coast.html

Edited by - Caolin on 29 Jul 2014 17:30:51
Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  22:28:34  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's typos and placement errors. Is that early work? But the art is pretty good!

Never sleep under the jackfruit tree.

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

My campaign thread: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16447
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  00:26:31  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, bit concerned by the typos. Otherwise wonderful.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  01:18:15  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting that Sundabar isn't located on that map. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  18:23:37  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Evereska missing or I am missing something? Neat looking, you guys have good eyes to catch typos.
Go to Top of Page

ZeshinX
Learned Scribe

Canada
210 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  19:15:29  Show Profile  Visit ZeshinX's Homepage Send ZeshinX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Evereska is definitely missing, as it should be in or right around the Greycloak Hills area. I noticed that as well, so checked out the Evereska entry on the FR wiki, since I wasn't sure if 4e Realms obliterated it or not. Seems like it's still there, but is yet another ruin or "not as it was" location.

"...because despite the best advice of those who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things."
-Galen, technomage

Edited by - ZeshinX on 30 Jul 2014 19:15:59
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  20:01:15  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see two mountain ranges, The Greycloak Hills, and another one just south of that. Comparing the 3E map of the same location, it seems to me the artist simply didn't label Evereska, the actual geography hasn't changed. I could be missing something, though.
If this map is for a particular adventure, then it's simply possible Evereska isn't relevant to the adventure. If you check out Mike Schley's maps, he's done one of the area around Neverwinter, but there are several different versions of the same map, with different points labeled to suit the product they are released with.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  21:13:28  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ugh, so they got rid of Evereska in 4E? And now Myth Drannor is mostly back to ruins, and no more Evermeet. I guess destroying elven civilizations is the mark of a new edition (sigh). They can all hang out in Elventree on the Moonsea I guess. Until 6th edition when they will have another RSE to destroy it too! Let's destroy Menzoberranzan a few times for a change.
Go to Top of Page

ZeshinX
Learned Scribe

Canada
210 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  21:27:20  Show Profile  Visit ZeshinX's Homepage Send ZeshinX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

Ugh, so they got rid of Evereska in 4E? And now Myth Drannor is mostly back to ruins, and no more Evermeet. I guess destroying elven civilizations is the mark of a new edition (sigh). They can all hang out in Elventree on the Moonsea I guess. Until 6th edition when they will have another RSE to destroy it too! Let's destroy Menzoberranzan a few times for a change.

Evereska is technically still there, though in a state not remotely like it was before the Spellplague.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Evereska

Damn shame, but it could be restored/rebuilt.

"...because despite the best advice of those who know what they are talking about, other people insist on doing the most massively stupid things."
-Galen, technomage
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2014 :  22:59:09  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to the 4e FRCG, Evereska is definitely still there, with a population of 22K. Since the phaerimm attack,
quote:
a century of relative peace has seen Evereska rebuilt

In the 'Ask Ed' scroll, Ed mentions that Evereska is one of the places to which refugees from Myth Drannor fled prior to the Shadovar/Sembian siege.

So it should definitely be there in 5e, as far as I can tell.
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2014 :  05:45:53  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's now magically shrouded and so it doesn't appear on the map?

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2014 :  06:40:21  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is on the map (sorta); "The Shaeradim" is there, along with the Grey Cloak Hills.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000