Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Forgotten Realms: Alternate Dimensions
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2014 :  12:42:35  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So is the Dark Lady a powerfull human sorceress, who played a goddess and/or ascended into one, or is she the real mythological Tiamat? Or was the sorceress mortal with who(the mythological)Tiamat fused with, to create the manifestaion?

Also, it's minor fact, but aside from Apsu, and Tiamat, there was a third primordial being in Enuma Elish, called Mummu. While his name literaly translates as "the one who has awoken", in context it should be tranlsated as detransformation, the return to chaos, demanifacturing, or simply just ....Entropy. Almost certainly a pure coincidence, but an interesting thing...
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2014 :  19:39:22  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the answer can be whatever you wish it to be.

The Dark Lady is now the Tiamat of D&D mythology (the five headed monster) after Tiamat took the Dark Lady's worshippers and started answering their prayers and consumed the remaining divine essence of the Dark Lady. The Dark Lady now only exists as an avatar of the Dragon Queen herself (except for the Rings of Tiamat and Tiamat's children).

If you are talking about Real World mythology then I'm afraid I don't delve into that area, but you could have Tiamat the Dark Lady be the real world Tiamat (who then gets killed and eaten by the FR Tiamat).

It could be that the Dark Lady, after arriving on Toril stole some of Tiamat's (The Dragon Queens) power for herself (hence the three headed form) and Tiamat spent the next few millennia trying to get it back. I left as much of the history blank as I could so that people can still spin it however they want.

My personal preference is the more normal story. Tiamat the Dark Lady was a very powerful (bordering godhood) sorceress from another planet that travelled with the mulan avatars to Toril. Once on Toril she became fascinated with the most powerful creatures she encountered there (dragons).

After centuries of experiments she managed to infuse herself with the essence of dragons in the area (red, blue, green) and was able to take on draconic form as she desired. She birthed a number of dragons herself and even created a new dragon type (brown). The astute will notice this explains in my version why the dragons in the Old Empires region pay respects to (dragons don't really worship anyone anymore) Tiamat the Dark Lady and not Tiamat the Dragon Queen.

Her power and arrival with the other mulan gods meant the mulan of Imaskar believed she was a god and worshipped her as one (which of course meant she became a god). However the Imaskari Planar Barrier prevented the "gods" from leaving the Material Plane which meant they were as powerful as gods but could be killed.

When the barrier dropped, Tiamat the Dark Lady moved her essence to the outer planes like everyone else.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2014 :  21:08:34  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just in case anyone is worrying I'm just waiting on one additional article before I release issue 5. Should be Monday sometime.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2014 :  21:02:36  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those of you that have been waiting. Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Issue 5 is now available.

Issue 5 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2yr4B9kIXPMFI3eEZPYk12TnM/edit?usp=sharing

The list of contents is as follows

Dragons of the South: Alasklerbanbastos “The Great Bone Wyrm”
Welcome to the Jungle: The Magic of Maztica
When is a House Rule Not a House Rule: Skills
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Old Empires – A History of Thay
The Bloodstone Lands: Adventure Path – Episode 4
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Old Empires – A Modern Timeline
Deities With a Difference: Set
Laerakond: The Hundar Isles
Rulesword: Trimming 3rd Edition One Step at a Time
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Church of the Dark Lady
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Conquest of Unther Campaign
The Knights Below: Adventure Path – Episode 5
The Knights Below: Campaign Journal

I'm proud to announce the addition of Seethyr's Maztica related articles to the magazine entitled "Welcome to the Jungle", starting off with the pluma and hishna magic schools for 5th edition.

As always if anyone wants to get involved with articles of their own, or proof reading, or artwork, or any other skills they have then I would be glad of the help.

If anyone has any feedback that would also be greatly appreciated. In particular I'm looking for feedback on "The Conquest of Unther Campaign" article as I hope to write more articles for RSE's that until now have been spectator events only. In particular I'm looking for ideas on the layout and content and what information is helpful or not.

If anyone wants to contact me about any of the above then PM me with your email address and we can talk.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2014 :  20:17:38  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had one request from someone over on the paizo forums for an alternate take on the Brotherhood of the Griffon.

I must confess I have no idea what this organisation was until he mentioned it.

If anyone has any details or information it would be much appreciated since I haven't got any novels or any 4th edition sourcebooks.

Looking at the wiki's its about this guy that was blind who rides a griffon and goes around righting wrongs.

I have a few ideas but need a bit more information to do it justice.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2014 :  14:11:13  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, now rereading issue 4, after reading 5, reminded me some stuff, I wanted to write before, but I forgot. The stuff you did with Chessenta/Akanul/Akanu/Unther, and deities reminded of stuff that I did in my campaign. Although I made that on Toril, Enlil never did arrive, only his Babylonian Twin Ellil, who was LN, to justify the fact that the gods of Unther were supposed to always be harsh, which did not match 100% the NG Enlil to well(I was inspired by ripvanwormer's take on the Babylonian and Sumerian Pantheons, in this thread: http://mimir.planewalker.com/forum/mesopotamian-pantheon).
I had that Ellil sacrificed his father Anu, right after defeating the Imaskari(Anu and Ptah were ancient Raurini deities, in my campaign). Ellil was in turn tricked into leaving the Realms by Gilgeam, creating a Ouranos-Cronus-Zeus like situation.
It's also inspired by Hittite and Hurrian mythology, were Anu was dethroned by his son Kumarbi(who was often, although not always, identified with Enlil), who in turn was dethroned by his own son Teshub.
Researchers theorize that it is this myth that inspired Hesiod#8217;s Theogony.

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2014 :  20:17:00  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well if we both came up with similar events then I must have done something right, and since I took the bits I wanted from canon to make my own version then maybe you will find something worth taking from my version.

I did briefly look at the real world history bit when looking for a bit of inspiration for Ereskigul. Not being particularly au fait with real world myth and legends however I don't generally feel comfortable using it for much more than general inspiration.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2014 :  20:47:31  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Out of interest Baltas (and anyone else that has read it), what did you think to the campaign write-up for the invasion of Unther. Feel free to be as critical as you like, im looking to improve it so honesty is helpful (although try not to make a grown man cry). I ask because I already have another in the works for the Dracorage storyline and I would like to do one for the return of the archwizards, but without any idea of how well the first article worked i'm reluctant to finish the others.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  15:33:42  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, your version of Unther's Invasion is done very well. I would use Shupprak and Ningal more, but that's a matter of personal taste. And you did have a significant involvement of Nanna-Sin and his legion in here, so it balances a bit out. Although I thought that Nanna-Sin was actually an aspect of Selune for a longer time, possibly even since the Orc Gate Wars, as Nanna-Sin was described somewhere as a goddess. Although one could say that Selune only used the Untheri god#8217;s guise, to not have the fellow moon god forgotten, and gave the worshippers back when he awoke. There also was no involvement from Bahamut in his Marduk guise, but I guess it would be for the best, as the Tiamat/Bahamut conflict would be deterial for Unther, and would need a lot of place to properly describe.

I loved the Stuff you did with Gilgeam and Ereshkigal, is the aspect imprisoned in the spelljammer is Gilgeam's goodness?
Ereshkigal as a Lamia queen reminds me her presentation in Pathfinder as a Sphinx Demon Lord(spelled there Areshkagal), but I guess that's a coincidence.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  15:47:53  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well its good to know it wasn't all bad. Thanks for the feedback, at some point I will be revising the issues to include artwork so I might put in a few extra bits to the campaign.

Ereshkigul was actually mentioned in canon sources as a lamia queen beneath Unthalass, I made her exiled there with allusions to her being a goddess of Unther at one point in the past (cursed into lamia form and banished from Unther for some unspecified crime - probably by Gilgeam since he supposedly drove off or destroyed the entire Untheric pantheon, although I could easily see Enlil cursing Ereshkigul as well).

Bahamut god the nod in the campaign as the Talons of Justice (who were there primarily to foil the church of Tiamat).

I didn't envisage anything of Gilgeam's goodness remaining (but that's because I wanted to keep him as he was in Old Empires - an evil tyrant). He started creating the aspects after he was poisoned/infected so the first aspect was the least evil creation, but his "goodness" was fast being erased by the poison in his veins. I tried to include a less evil version of Gilgeam as one of the personalities for his avatar, that would be reflected in the aspects that were imprisoned so at least one should be a slightly selfish but not entirely evil hero (and maybe make him a bit cowardly when faced with real danger).

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2014 :  19:59:28  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and I might have to delay issue 6 for a month or two as its a bit busy at work lately.

So far the draft list of contents is:

Alternate Dimensions Presents: Old Empires – The Scribes’ Guild
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Dragon Empire of Unther
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Science of Divinity
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Time of Dragons
Laerakond: The Sea of Corynactis
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Chessenta – The Empire of Tchazzar
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Free Republic of Unther

It's a bit of a mish mash between old empires and dragon based articles. It will also include the usual rulesword, Knights Below, and other regular articles. If I can finish these and the brotherhood of the griffon write-up by the end of September then it will be released on time as normal.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2014 :  13:23:17  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just updated the first post to include the new candlekeep archive of the Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions issues.

Alternate Realms Site

Edited by - Gary Dallison on 11 Sep 2014 13:23:30
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2014 :  11:34:02  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i should be able to finish issue 6 on time.

I have made a decision to drop a number of articles (Rulesword, and other mechanics related articles), because i am working on my own version of the d20 rules and want to focus on that.

I also have a new background and some artwork so i am considering revision all previous issues to include this (although that is months away).

The question is would people prefer i remove the old issues and release the revised ones in their place, or should i release a new "Deluxe" version of the old issues that allows me to go through and add extra pieces into previous work (expanding previous articles to include more information as well as the new drawings).

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  10:20:28  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I would rather preffer if keept the old isuess, and add the deluxe version. Interesting stuff about your own D20 rules, too.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  10:48:58  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So thats one vote for deluxe version.

I like to keep busy and i have been gradually house ruling the native 3.5/pathfinder rules over the past 5 years until it got to the point that it was a separate system in its own right. Now i am just writing the rules up in an official nature and working through a few conundrums that had bothered me in the past.

Its hopefully quicker than normal D20 (the number of dice rolls required should be roughly halved), i have never had a combat go beyond 6 rounds so far, and thats including against cave trolls and a horde of 50 gibberlings without any area effect spells.

I'm currently writing out the combat rules and codifying the class options (the term class is much broader now since each class has almost a hundred abilities to choose from at each level. The biggest change is to bards which now have to memorise spells instead of them being innate like a sorcerer.

Its mostly about freedom to customise. You can have a bard or ranger or paladin with 20 levels of spellcasting ability (so they can cast 9th level spells) but he will not be able to do much else and he will never be as good at spellcasting as a wizard, cleric or druid, but he can do it if he wants (also there are only 3 spell lists - wizard, cleric, druid)

The fighter can specialise in any number of weapons and armour, give himself huge amounts of hit points and become nigh invulnerable to fortitude effects, but he cant master them all, he must choose.

The paladin has given me the most grief and i have merged it with a knight into a warrior of the code. They are any lawful alignment and must follow a strict code of behaviour (although that code can vary) and they have access to a variety of defensive abilities, armour specialisation, inspirational abilities, and divine abilities, if they want. That way a character can choose to be a regular knight in shining armour that inspires people, is a tank and a demon on horseback with a lance. Or you can create a paladin with his channel energy ability, healing auras, and smite abilities. Or even a blackguard that is an evil mirror of the paladin. The choice is yours.

Im working from a much shorter list of classes which i doubt i will ever increase: fighter, ranger, bard, druid, knight (of the code), wizard, sorcerer, cleric, barbarian, rogue.
Bards are wizard/rogue hybrids.
Knights are fighter/cleric hybrids.
Rangers are fighter/druid hybrids.

Of course thats just a simplistic representation, you can create characters with much greater variation than the base classes in pathfinder or 3.5 and hopefully there should be no need to multiclass now just to get hold of an ability you desire (it will probably already be available to your class as an option) and if not you can use a feat to get a basic version of the core abilities anyway.

Not sure how i will get the rules out there. Probably just make them available for free in pdf format like the Alternate Dimensions magazines.

Anyway, back to Alternate Dimensions. Brotherhood of the Griffon will be in Issue 6 available from 1360 onwards.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2014 :  12:53:11  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Issue 6 is now available. Release of the issues will have to slow down for a while so i can work on more articles (Netheril is the next area of focus)

The list of contents is as follows.

Alternate Dimensions Presents: Old Empires – The Scribes’ Guild
The Bloodstone Lands: Adventure Path – Episode 5
Welcome to the Jungle: Races of Maztica
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Dragon Empire of Unther
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Brotherhood of the Griffon
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Science of Divinity
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Time of Dragons
Laerakond: The Sea of Corynactis
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Chessenta – The Empire of Tchazzar
Alternate Dimensions Presents: The Free Republic of Unther
The Knights Below: Adventure Path – Episode 6
The Knights Below: Campaign Journal

Again there is another fantastic article from Seethyr about Maztica, and in the future there might be some collaboration between myself and Seethyr on areas of Maztica.

As always if anyone wants to get involved with articles of their own, or proof reading, or artwork, or any other skills they have then I would be glad of the help.

If anyone has any feedback that would also be greatly appreciated, and finally if anyone wants to contact me about any of the above then PM me with your email address and we can talk.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2014 :  16:12:34  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the absence. Work and home life getting in the way as always so i'm scaling back the releases to every few months instead of every month

Preliminary contents for issue 7 are as follows.

Alternate Dimensions Presents: Maztica
Welcome to the Jungle: Cult of the Viperhand
Deities With a Difference: Qotal
Welcome to the Jungle: Maztican Beastmen
Welcome to the Jungle: The Jaguar Knights and Eagle Knights
Deities With a Difference: Zaltec

Plus the usual Laerakond, Bloodstone Lands and Knights Below adventure path articles.

The Maztica stuff has been written in collaboration with T.J.Hild so should be largely compatible with his version of the Maztica Campaign Guide. The articles entitled "Welcome to the Jungle" are written to be used with the Maztica Campaign Guide. Everything else is just my own personal take on Maztica but should work with the Maztica Campaign Guide with very little modification.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2014 :  17:30:42  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, a bit a absense is a normal thing. I also didn't post to much, as I had first quite a bit work to do, and latter played the Drakensang videogames, and a free The Dark Eye/Das Schwarze Auge ruleset, that came with them.
I thinkyou might want to takee a look at the TDE/DSA rules with your project, as they give more freedom with customising. There is also a lot of lore, but sadly, 70% of it is in German.
Also, very interesting you will do your take on Zaltec. And Zaltec and Tezca, seem to be the god Tezcatlipoca/Smocking mirror split into two Powers(I don't mean necersarily literaly). Also, a colaboration between you, and Sethyr, would be awesome :).
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2014 :  20:01:22  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice to have what could be my only reader back and commenting.

I will have a look at the rules although im pretty much done with the theory now, I'm just implementing it in fine detail. I want to keep it very much 3.5 but remove the complexity and scaling problems. I'm also trying to work into the system a properly working summoning system, dispelling system, illusion system, and other things so that they are part of the rules and don't feel bolted on. Mostly this revolves around making skills more useful and part of the system so that characters can do many things without magic, its just that magic makes it easier.

I'll also check out the god you mentioned. I'm trying to Faerunise the Maztica stuff, make it less fantastical and more realistic. I've already got aearee and sarrukh in the prehistory, and tried to come up with an explanation for how an entirely separate race of humans arose on a continent that in theory only came into existence 30000 years ago. Most of the stuff is done with Seethyr, although sometimes I just had to do my own alternate take on things.

The idea is that you could take the organisations, the timeline, the god write-ups, plug them into Seethyr's campaign guide and with almost no work they are ready to go. Or if you don't fancy including the spellplague then they work in other timelines as well.

I'm also debating whether to include a writeup for the Masked Lady and Lolth. I originally wanted to include them as part of a drow themed issue but I don't know when I'd get the time to do it.

And im glad to have someone to discuss things with again so thanks for popping by.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  15:49:42  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, you certainly more constant readers, just not all of them have ideas, or courage to comment.

Also, pretty much all of the Maztican powers are based on Aztec ones, although sometimes split, mixed up, and merged. Kukul is basicaly Ometecuhtli/Tonacatecuhtli, with a name closer to Mayan version/name of the Feathered Serpent, Kukulcan. Maztica(the goddess) is based on Tonacacihuatl/Omecihuatl, with a bit of Coatlicue(I think). Qotal is Quetzalcoatl(The Feathered Serpent), although as I wrote above, his father, Kukul, also has elements of this deity. Quetzalcoatl/Kukulcan is also sometimes conected to the Inca god Viracocha.

About connecting Maztica more, Some of the Imaskari names, are Quechua in origin, people of whom the Inca's were a group of. Although that may tie Imaskari more with Lopango.

About Lolth and the Masked Lady, it would be great to get them in issue 7, but do as it suits you better.

[Edit]

Also, definitely check out The Dark Eye if you can. It's a great system, that offers a lot of customisation. I think it may inspire some of the finishing touches for your d20 system, if you read the rules. Or just check it out for fun. I got the basic rules(in digital version), along the two Drakensang games and expansion for only 20 zloty/PLN(about 4 pounds), it was a great deal. Although I checked, that this kind of release may be in Poland only.

Edited by - Baltas on 12 Nov 2014 16:15:15
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2014 :  16:59:37  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally managed to scrounge together enough time to polish up Issue 7. I'll upload it tonight.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2014 :  19:44:39  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Issue 7 is now available.

The list of contents is as follows:

Alternate Dimensions Presents: Maztica
The Watch Lineup
Welcome to the Jungle: Cult of the Viperhand
Deities With a Difference: The Masked Lady
Deities With a Difference: Qotal
Welcome to the Jungle: Maztican Beastmen
Welcome to the Jungle: The Jaguar Knights and Eagle Knights
Deities With a Difference: Zaltec

There are a few articles created from a collaboration between myself and Seethyr. The Masked Lady was developed with considerable help from Irennan. Finally The Arcanamach has provided a writeup of a recurring villain from his own campaign.

If anyone has any feedback that would also be greatly appreciated, and finally if anyone wants to contact me about any of the above then PM me with your email address and we can talk.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2014 :  12:48:46  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

The latest issues are now available on the Candlekeep Site, on the Alternate Dimensions page.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2014 :  12:49:22  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marvellous, thanks again Alaundo.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2014 :  19:43:54  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations dazzlerdal!

I wish I was as prolific a writer as you are.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2014 :  19:49:03  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much Jeremy, i consider it a great honour. Your threads on Cormyr were part of my inspiration to try my own hand at realmslore.

I appear to have had an initial burst of creativity that has been tempered by real life more recently (still writing, but the results are smaller in number).

And at some point I will be picking your brain for ideas on Cormyr if you don't mind.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2014 :  20:34:47  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

And at some point I will be picking your brain for ideas on Cormyr if you don't mind.

Happy to be of help.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2015 :  15:13:23  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's what i have so far for issue 8. Each article features expanded detail on various sections of the Moonshae sourcebook i'm rewriting for issue 9

Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Kazgoroth the Beast
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Druids of Moonshae
Deities With a Difference: The Earthmother
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Heralds of the High King
Deities With a Difference: Grond Peaksmasher
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Cults of the Gods of Fury
Alternate Dimensions Presents: High Lady Ordalf Moonshayl

As for other organisations i could include; Greystone Trading, the Darkmoon, the Broken Ring, the Council Sorcere, the Banshrae, and the cults of the evil gods are all distinct possibilities

I'm also going to include an alternate history of the Moonshaes.

If i can get enough detail into it then i might do a lineage of other kingdoms of the Moonshaes (although perhaps just Corwell).

Then Issue 9 will be a special issue featuring a rewrite of the Moonshae sourcebook.

Issue 10 I think i will devote to the campaign surrounding the return of Kazgoroth starting in 1340ish and ending 1370ish

Alternate Realms Site

Edited by - Gary Dallison on 17 Feb 2015 11:57:38
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2015 :  14:39:22  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Issue 8 is now available.

The list of contents is as follows:

Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – Kazgoroth the Beast
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Druids of Moonshae
Deities With a Difference: The Earthmother
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Dynasties of the Ffolk
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Heralds of the High King
Deities With a Difference: Grond Peaksmasher
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – An Alternate History
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Cults of Fury
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Greystone Pack
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles - High Lady Ordalf Moonshayl
Alternate Dimensions Presents: Moonshae Isles – The Banshrae

This series of articles is very much a reinvention of the Moonshaes, removing the novel events in favour of a much more interactive version of the return of Kazgoroth (which will be revealed in issue 10). Hopefully it will act as a teaser for issues 9 and 10. As such it is only partially compatible with the canon Moonshae material and for issue 9 i will be releasing an alternative Moonshae sourcebook that expands on the life, the geography, and other things pertinent to the Moonshae Isles.

Alternate Realms Site

Edited by - Gary Dallison on 10 Mar 2015 19:47:17
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2015 :  15:09:08  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and there is a very minor easter egg in this issue (another secret identity) for those that wish to go looking.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page