Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Experienced help for recommending Arcane FR Novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

saeros
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2014 :  07:57:28  Show Profile Send saeros a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello everybody,

I just finished reading war of spider queen series. I really enjoyed the detailed story regarding arcane magic (all the clever usage of spells, characters, combos etc..)

I'm looking for similar series to read, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by - saeros on 06 Apr 2014 07:58:17

Dakarne
Acolyte

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2014 :  11:45:02  Show Profile  Visit Dakarne's Homepage Send Dakarne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few good options, at least in my experience, are Elminster: Making of a Mage, Elminster in Myth Drannor and Temptation of Elminster. There's also Richard Baker's The Shadow Stone.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2014 :  15:09:44  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Return of the Archwizards Trilogy
Spellfire
The Shadow Stone
The Last Mythal Trilogy

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2014 :  03:41:24  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep Dakarne and saeros!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2014 :  23:11:40  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brotherhood of the Griffin

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul
Go to Top of Page

Crystyn
Seeker

58 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2014 :  23:59:49  Show Profile Send Crystyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Smedman continued the series with the Lady Penitent trilogy, lots of insane magic there, then there is the Empyrian Odyssey trilogy that focuses on Vhok and Aliisza, don't know whether there's much magic involved though.

Finally completed my Drizzt collection
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2014 :  09:30:56  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try out the Haunted Lands trilogy by Richard Lee Byres. Its set in Thay and has a lot of spells and monsters wrecking havoc.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2014 :  14:16:12  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Twilight War trilogy by Paul S. Kemp, then its sequel, The Godborn.

Counselors and Kings trilogy by Elaine Cunningham.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2014 :  07:25:47  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-The Forgotten Realms is such a magic-rich setting, you'd be hard pressed to find a book that doesn't feature in some way a character (protagonist or antagonist) that doesn't use magic or a story where it isn't a feature.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000