Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 A decade.... wow, I feel old now.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2014 :  15:43:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still have dial-up for one of my older machines, running a very early version of SageOS. It's sometimes a unit I use to travel these halls, which is also why I believe that I may actually be responsible for some of the gremlins plaguing operations at Candlekeep. That version of SageOS has a LOT of bugs.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2014 :  15:51:40  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

My word, has it really been that long, my dear Kuje. Aye, I cast my mind back many years, and those earlier members to the forum. A good few are still around, and we have certainly had many varied dicussions along the way. Here's to many, many more years!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2014 :  17:46:57  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

My word, has it really been that long, my dear Kuje. Aye, I cast my mind back many years, and those earlier members to the forum. A good few are still around, and we have certainly had many varied dicussions along the way. Here's to many, many more years!

Indeed. Thanks goes to you as well for creating this site and this place. So, good times indeed, Alaundo.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2014 :  22:54:56  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SageOS, eh?

I‘m afraid you‘ll not find many analog computers to run it on these days, my friend. Perhaps you‘ll develop SageUSB sometime in the next decade?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2014 :  23:11:09  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy 10th birthday, Kuje, and here's to hoping you enjoy another ten years at Candlekeep! (I tried baking a cake to celebrate this event, but, as with most of my attempts at cooking, it exploded.)
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2014 :  02:35:37  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drustan Dwnhaedan

Happy 10th birthday, Kuje, and here's to hoping you enjoy another ten years at Candlekeep! (I tried baking a cake to celebrate this event, but, as with most of my attempts at cooking, it exploded.)

Well, an exploding cake would go perfect with Sage's gremlins. :) But thanks for trying. LOL.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2014 :  03:06:21  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Lol, and here I am thinking back to remembering D&D on AOL and the realms-L list. I must admit though, I love Candlekeep way more. Its got a much better group of peeps and I love the active topics button.

Don't feel too bad. I said something to my friend the other day about Prodigy, the online service, and she thought I was talking about the band by the same name. Youngin's don't know what they missed out during the 80's and 90's. :)

Oh, wow, I forgot about Prodigy. Yeah, I was over there talking D&D too.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2014 :  03:07:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd have a special treat for you, Kuje, to celebrate your ten years.

A cake full of bhaalspawn-related queries, courtesy of exchanges between yourself and long-lost scribe, Dargoth, and written in frosting on top.

Enjoy!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2014 :  03:22:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

A cake full of bhaalspawn-related queries, courtesy of exchanges between yourself and long-lost scribe, Dargoth, and written in frosting on top.

Enjoy!

Dargoth? Wasn't he that guy that liked talking about Orcus?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2014 :  05:09:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was leaving that as the surprise innards of the cake... so Kuje could have a little laugh about all the times he and Dargoth came into debate about Orcus.

Truly, the times of both scribes at Candlekeep have been entertaining for us all.

Go to Top of Page

Fall3nD011
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2014 :  05:43:24  Show Profile Send Fall3nD011 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh wow happy belated birthday! :)

~ Imperfection is Beauty, Madness is Genius, and it is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

Character profile can be found here on my page: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=7210
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2014 :  16:29:39  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Nightfall, who I still talk to over on IM's, tended to have a lot of discussions about Orcus. :)

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2014 :  16:31:12  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Enjoy!

Mean, so very mean! Laughs though, those discussions... oh good gods, did they get very heated. Haha.

@Fall3ndo11. Thanks! :)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2014 :  18:43:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Nightfall, who I still talk to over on IM's, tended to have a lot of discussions about Orcus. :)

I remember that, but I also remember how Dargoth reacted in discussions about the Wand of Orcus and all that.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2014 :  21:11:04  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I remember that, but I also remember how Dargoth reacted in discussions about the Wand of Orcus and all that.

Hmmm. I guess I had forgotten about those. Although, now that you mention it... I think Dargoth was the one that also argued about Orcus in Planescape, etc.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2014 :  03:39:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Hmmm. I guess I had forgotten about those. Although, now that you mention it... I think Dargoth was the one that also argued about Orcus in Planescape, etc.

Regardless, he is missed.

We really need to get the "band back together," so to speak. All the old-time scribes of Candlekeep that we had such good times with.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2014 :  05:46:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

We really need to get the "band back together," so to speak. All the old-time scribes of Candlekeep that we had such good times with.

Indeed! Which reminds me, I'm still disappointed that the Lady K missed her regular August visit, last year...

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2014 :  00:51:39  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ssshhh, don‘t tell Dargoth that the Candlekeep scribe named after him in my game was, uh, rather horribly slain by Forces Of Evil during an expedition to the Moonsea near Phlan.

These things happen, y‘know. And to be fair, he did put up something of a good fight. Too bad my PCs only remembered him as “that guy who died“ while they revel in the memories of other Candlekeep scribes who (by virtue of not being killed so quickly) managed to become interesting, entertaining NPCs.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2014 :  03:22:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Indeed! Which reminds me, I'm still disappointed that the Lady K missed her regular August visit, last year...

I have reminded her, many times. She promises to pay more attention to Candlekeep eventually. But I think the Lady K has spent far too much time with me... because SageTime is slowly catching up on her activities as well.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2014 :  03:24:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Ssshhh, don‘t tell Dargoth that the Candlekeep scribe named after him in my game was, uh, rather horribly slain by Forces Of Evil during an expedition to the Moonsea near Phlan.

These things happen, y‘know. And to be fair, he did put up something of a good fight. Too bad my PCs only remembered him as “that guy who died“ while they revel in the memories of other Candlekeep scribes who (by virtue of not being killed so quickly) managed to become interesting, entertaining NPCs.

I've never actually tried this. I've been tempted, sure, but never quite got around to making NPCs of my friendly Candlekeep scribes colleagues.

Go to Top of Page

Bragi
Seeker

USA
87 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2016 :  17:36:44  Show Profile  Visit Bragi's Homepage Send Bragi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has been quite the journey.

In Pursuit of Better Worlds,
Bragi of Erin
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2016 :  02:58:21  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bragi

You forgot to cast resurrect scroll ...

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2016 :  02:37:21  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

quote:
Originally posted by Bragi

You forgot to cast resurrect scroll ...

Speaking of Resurrection. :P

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000