Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Indy Gencon meetup?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  18:02:50  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a good thought. Let's figure on 7:30pm then. Those of us at the seminar can extend the invitation. Anywhere else we ought to post this?

"Say nice doggie, but keep looking for a rock..."
~Chiun

Edited by - SteelGandalf on 24 Jul 2014 18:05:02
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  20:42:06  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've set up an event on the FB Candlekeep Scribes page.

GenCon Meetup

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  02:03:06  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I should be there, barring anything weird (I get pulled in all directions at Gen Con).
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2014 :  02:38:37  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unless Ed wants to have an in-depth realmslore chat that night, count me in!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2014 :  04:30:42  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Count us (the wife and I, plus at least 2, and maybe up to 6, of my players - depending on their schedules) in. See you all there!

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  15:02:28  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dinner sounds good. What about the keg tapping? This could be an "informal" meeting & greeting for us too. Just wondering.
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  19:50:57  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, where is the Candlekeep Q&A on Saturday night being held?

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2014 :  22:12:02  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteelGandalf

Also, where is the Candlekeep Q&A on Saturday night being held?
Candlekeep Presents is Saturday night, 8-10pm, in the Victoria Station A/B room at the Crowne Plaza, which is a very short walk from the Convention Center building (there is also a skywalk connection, but that walk generally takes longer).

I strongly recommend to anyone planning on attending that you officially sign up and bring your ticket with you. Attendance has increased year over year for the seminar, and we have limited supplies of our goodies to give away. If it comes down to deciding who will and won't get stuff, ticketed attendees will get priority. I can guarantee that there will be sign-ups during the convention itself. Since 10-20% of the last two years' attendance was last-minute sign-ups and people without tickets who heard just hours before, folks with no tickets run the risk not just of walking away empty-handed, but being turned away at the door. Not a scenario we want, but if we have to do it, we have to.

The official description for the event is here. I hope to see many (if not all) of the same faces from Thursday night on Saturday.
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  06:41:42  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, Candlekeepgoers. Just a reminder, as Gencon nears, that we're planning on a dinner at the Ball and Biscuit restaurant, Thursday evening. Folks can team up for the con if they'd like, or review schedules. We can pass this along to the sages, in case they want to connect with their fans. Promise them a free meal ;)

The Ball and Biscuit is less than 1 mile from the convention center, and has great reviews. I've included the info below, my cell # is (949) 690-2910, for coordination purposes. Sound good?

The Ball and Biscuit
331 Massachusetts Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Get Directions
Restaurant Phone number: (317) 636-0539
Business website www.ballandbiscuit.com

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2014 :  08:14:37  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, will likely need a stiff drink after the Tyranny of Dragons seminar. Looking forward to this informal meet and greet.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2014 :  18:16:13  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hope Wizards spills the beans on when the 5E Campaign Guide is coming. And those 30 new Volo's Guides we've all been waiting 20 years for! And when Elaine gets a new Realms novel line. hehehe :)

Everyone have fun! I'll be coming hopefully next year.

Edited by - Eilserus on 13 Aug 2014 18:18:13
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  13:23:20  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully the "Tyranny of Dragons" seminar this afternoon will let something out of the bag.

Ed is well and ready to rock. He has that glint in his eye and the bawdy tales are rolling off his tongue. GEN-CON is the place to be gentles.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  14:02:41  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Hopefully the "Tyranny of Dragons" seminar this afternoon will let something out of the bag.

Ed is well and ready to rock. He has that glint in his eye and the bawdy tales are rolling off his tongue. GEN-CON is the place to be gentles.

-- George Krashos

I guess those of us who couldn't make it to the Gen Con would be grateful for updates on what's in for the Realms, if that's not too much of a problem.

Thank you

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  14:41:09  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The opportunistic, weasel of a halfling side of me seconds this. Heck if it's allowed, record and upload to Youtube! hehehe
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  14:53:09  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

The opportunistic, weasel of a halfling side of me seconds this. Heck if it's allowed, record and upload to Youtube! hehehe

Who knows, maybe WotC themselves will upload a video. They did that last year (or 2 years ago?), after all. Thing is, I need to get better at listening English, cause I kinda suck at it at the moment

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 14 Aug 2014 14:54:41
Go to Top of Page

Snow
Learned Scribe

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  17:59:26  Show Profile Send Snow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I wish I was there with y'all. I bet the Realmsian energy is really electric right about now.

Good luck and safe travels to all of you Candlekeep Crew. Especially George. Clink a glass o' Jhuild for me!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  18:52:00  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric Boyd has just turned up out of the blue. About to do lunch with him, Steven Schend and Brian Cortijo.

We might even talk a little Realms.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  20:05:00  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gonna drag them to the ball & biscuit?

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2014 :  20:44:19  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Eric Boyd has just turned up out of the blue. About to do lunch with him, Steven Schend and Brian Cortijo.

We might even talk a little Realms.

-- George Krashos

+1
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  00:49:21  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We're here with Eric, in the rear corner

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  04:36:47  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great turnout, good food & a nice chance to relax & connect (war stories included). Catch you all on Saturday @8pm. Thanks for joining us.

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  04:36:48  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great turnout, good food & a nice chance to relax & connect (war stories included). Catch you all on Saturday @8pm. Thanks for joining us.

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  05:06:39  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for having us; nice to meet a few new faces (or at least have faces and voices to go with posts and aliases here). See y'all on Saturday!

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  14:11:17  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, fun night and looking forward to the 'big one' on Saturday night.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2014 :  15:00:45  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Am so jealous

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

SteelGandalf
Acolyte

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2015 :  20:45:57  Show Profile Send SteelGandalf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

we had a great evening last Gencon @the Ball & Biscuit bar on Thursday night of the con. Are we game to meet up again, this year?

~Chiun
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2015 :  21:56:39  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm up for it if anyone else is. It's my first GenCon, so I'm wanting to try as much as I can afford to, and any chance to meet fellow scribes won't be turned down.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2015 :  21:59:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

I'm up for it if anyone else is. It's my first GenCon, so I'm wanting to try as much as I can afford to, and any chance to meet fellow scribes won't be turned down.

What he said.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2015 :  23:35:33  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have a great time guys and gals. I'll be there in spirit and hopefully sending presents from over the seas.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2015 :  04:20:34  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This will also be my first time ever at GenCon if all goes well. I'd be happy to meet up if my schedule and family plans don't conflict.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000