Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Good resources on Illefarn
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  04:35:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you contacted Alaundo, Eric?

Otherwise, I'd recommend sending the finished product my way, and I'll virtually deliver it to Alaundo so that it will be ready for eventual inclusion in the next site update.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  11:06:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Eric is hoping that WotC will pick it up first.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  14:04:45  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Somewhat on a tagent here but related. I know there would be a HUGE market for current Pathfinder gamers who want to play through the boxed sets and adventures from the Realm's "Golden Age", ie Undermountain, Myth Drannor, etc. Do you think there are any folks out there who would be interested in converting and redoing those older products to be PF compatible? I think that could be a real side money maker for whoever has the rights. Even if 5e is out, PF isn't going away, and WoTC or whoever could stand to make quite a lot of money with relatively minimal work to rerelease the old products.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  14:45:39  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

Somewhat on a tagent here but related. I know there would be a HUGE market for current Pathfinder gamers who want to play through the boxed sets and adventures from the Realm's "Golden Age", ie Undermountain, Myth Drannor, etc. Do you think there are any folks out there who would be interested in converting and redoing those older products to be PF compatible? I think that could be a real side money maker for whoever has the rights. Even if 5e is out, PF isn't going away, and WoTC or whoever could stand to make quite a lot of money with relatively minimal work to rerelease the old products.

I'm actually rather interested in converting Realms stuff to PF mechanics. I'm thinking of converting a lot of the characters (i.e. the Simbul is either a Destined-bloodline Sorc 32/Archmage 10 or an Arcanist, Szass Tam is a 30th level Red Wizard/Archmage 8, Khelben is a Wizard 27/Archmage 6, etc).
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2014 :  18:07:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cards77

I'm not so sure that WotC would see the money-making potential in revisiting old products, for a competitor's ruleset. They're not even all that big on re-releasing older material; other than the core rulebooks for prior editions, everything that has been re-released has just been a pdf copy of the original material.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000