Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Wooly's newest musing: Halaster's Success?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  05:15:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay, so I had another random thought today...

First, some random factoids.

Halaster has been around for a very long time. Long enough to predate Mystra 1.0. I've seen some speculation in these halls that he might have had some connection to Mystryl, perhaps even to the point of being one of her Chosen.

Shar had an interest in Halaster, too, and Mystra 2.0 personally used him as her agent.

Halaster somehow knew something was coming, and was working against it.

Halaster is rumored to have clones and contingency magic, and we know that he hosted one of the Manshoon clones for a while, so he could have had access to stasis clone, if not something better. Yet none of his contingency/backup magics seem to have done anything!

Halaster was practically invulnerable while within Undermountain. That said, he'd been attacked and taken out of there before... Now, if he'd been attacked before, and he was working on something of vital importance, then he should have had wards, barriers, and protective magic out the yin-yang when he was working on that last project. And yet, someone got thru and messed things up, anyway.

Despite Halaster's apparent demise, there have been indications that he is, in some way, still in Undermountain.

So...

What if Halaster's demise wasn't an accident? What if that was his goal? What if his project required his demise, and the attack by his enemies was actually anticipated by him and taken into account?

In short, what if Halaster had a goal that necessitated spending time as disembodied soul shards, for a prolonged period of time?

We know from Ed that Araumycos acts to anchor the Weave. What if Halaster's demise was meant to tie himself to the Realms, and either act as an anchor, like Araumycos, or to in some other way preserve the Weave and/or Mystra?

It could even be something he's been set to do since Mystryl prepared him, centuries ago!

I realize this is all supposition and stringing together random bits, and that there is little to back any of it up. But what if...?

Thoughts?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 25 Nov 2013 05:16:40

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  05:57:00  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly,

You know, I always did think Halaster went down a little easily for someone with as storied a history and as powerful an intellect as he had (has?). While I'd chalked it up to part of the general 4E 'hit' put out on all people of power, I'd certainly like to believe it was something deeper, more meaningful, and more complex. So, after hearing your theory, let's just say I'm inclined to think you might just be on to something there. I'd be interested in hearing more.

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  10:53:42  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Kris 100%...both on the general 'hit' on beings of power and on the agreement with Wooly's speculations.

Wooly, can you provide a link concerning Ed's comments about Araumycos?

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  11:15:42  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love this idea, if i was ever going to include the spellplague that would be how i explain Halaster's death.

Of course that is not actually the reason he died. The real reason is poor design.

But your reason is much, much, much, much, much, much, much better

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  11:28:25  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, since we are throwing ideas around, i think if there is/was someone in the Realms that knows how deities work then it is Halaster (Larloch is busy with his own things, Elmister is some thousand years younger, ditto for the other Chosens). He was an Imaskari Artificer (and they knew a lot about deities and their powers), he probably had some kind of relation with Mystryl, Mystra 1.0, Shar and Mystra 2.0, he witnessed the rise and fall of 2 Mystr-- and a fair share of pantheon mergings and divine disappearances/deaths around him.

What if his move (blasting his own soul and sending it's pieces all over the place) was made to preserve all this knowledge of divine dealings and thus the (whole?) story of Toril's deity of magic? If he was aware of the coming Spellplague (something i intensely dislike, since everyone seems to have been aware of hit except for the deities that got hit by it ... but whatever) he may have feared a Faerun without a god/goddess of magic and since his long life and long memory was one of the best testaments/proofs around of the existence and importance of such a being throughout several thousands years of history, then he probably thought that risking death during the Spellplague would've meant losing a chance to give new life to Mystr-- in some form, so he scattered his own soul around to leave hints and bits about Mystr-- lying about with the hope that someone somewhen could pick them up and use them to rebuild the god/goddess of magic.

Ed told us that whales are treated with "kids gloves" by deities because their long lifespans and long memories enable them to "store" divine legitimacy for a long time. Halaster with his thousand years lifespan, his personal dealings with 3 goddesses of magic (4 with Shar and the Shadow Weave) and his extensive knowledge of divine dealings/mechanics/rules (from his Imaskari heritage and its long lifetime) is probably the closest human equivalent to the whales in this regard. So saving all this stored knowledge in some form away from the Spellplague destruction was probably more important for him than living a century or three as a disembodied, crazy and shattered spirit.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  12:29:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool thoughts.

For some strange reason, after reading through this, this random thought popped into my head: The Halaster Engine.

Don't know why - maybe thats something someone needs to build (or was it already built?)

I have no idea where that came from... I don't know where most of the stuff in my head comes from. lol

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  13:59:55  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have always thought the Halaster situation screamed "unfinished". Maybe it's wishful thinking, and maybe the designers added it as an afterthought, but the thing is it's not usual for someone to get destroyed and turn into soul shards or something like that. The "usual thing" would be, well, he'd either die and be gone, or he'd survive in a "lesser" but definitive manner (like Syluné for example). "Soul shards" feel really, really ambiguous.

So, yeah, I think Wooly's points make sense. And I wish that the designers offer us some explanation. And, designers, if you're not planning to, well, there's still time to change your minds... maybe you could even borrow some cool ideas somewhere *hint hint*.

Never sleep under the jackfruit tree.

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

My campaign thread: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16447

Edited by - Mapolq on 25 Nov 2013 14:01:06
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  14:12:06  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's an interesting theory, I'd certainly like to see a possible story where Halaster knew what was coming and did something to help prevent/patch it. However since Ao is laying the smackdown, I don't see that really being the case.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  14:51:52  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe Halaster had to unhinge his "link" to a given portion of Toril in order to link himself to some other area(s) of Toril. You know, like the dread rings.....

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Lothlos
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  15:56:26  Show Profile Send Lothlos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting Theory

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
-J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  16:20:22  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So now I am picturing little bits of Halaster, 'charged' with negative energy, that are drawn to positive (Arcane) magical energy, and bond with it.

He turned himself into a massive, self-perpetuating collector virus.

When enough arcane energy is collected, the 'Halaster-bits' re-assemble and rebuild the weave out of the collected energy.

Thus, The Halaster Engine.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  16:38:16  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or he fed himself into the ley lines of the world somehow.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  19:26:14  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

When enough arcane energy is collected, the 'Halaster-bits' re-assemble and rebuild the weave out of the collected energy.

Sounds sticky.. wouldn't want to be Mystra.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  22:54:52  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Halaster Blackcloak, God of Magic. I like it.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 25 Nov 2013 23:02:05
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  23:10:11  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simpler explanations could exist.

Halastalich.
The demiplane domain of Undermountain.
A spell called “Timejump“ which moves the caster forward through the centuries.
The guy could simple value his privacy, no less than does Larloch.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2013 :  23:31:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, there certainly could be simpler explanations, but as expressed earlier, it seems unlikely that someone could have penetrated Halaster's defenses *and* cause his backups to all fail, simultaneously. So given what we know of Halaster, I think it's quite likely that he pulled one of the biggest fast ones in the history of the Realms and that his "demise" was just one step of a larger plan.

Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2013 :  02:50:57  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly,

In the odd coincidences file...

My present campaign (which I started back in 2010 when I'd assumed the 4E Realms were here to stay) deals with characters who started the campaign arc traveling back in time to 1369 DR and awaking in a glade near the hamlet of Rassalantar to find themselves 'marked' with a symbol (that remains invisible unless activated spontaneously in their defense, or by them working together now that they have advanced in power) resembling the holy symbols of Mystra (2.0), Selune, and Eilistraee combined.

Being from Earth (as all my PCs are - see my whole 'Play Yourself' obsession) in the year 2010, and being possessed of at least some knowledge of RSE style catastrophes to come, they have assumed they have been sent to avert them, despite the fact that they still do not know who sent them or what is powering their 'marks' (when 'asked', the three deities - through their representatives - have denied responsibility for, or knowledge of, such an act).

The part where this becomes interesting to your recent musings is this: the date of their arrival was Highharvestide 1369 - aka Halaster's Highharvestide - and also deposited near their arrival location (via one of the many malfunctioning gates out of Undermountain that day) was a group of goblins they tussled with as their first challenge as 0 level nobodies.

Coincidence...or something more? I'll let you decide (or perhaps even suggest, Lol).

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2013 :  15:33:10  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, Wooly, I LOVE it when someone starts to think like Ed.
Just sayin . . .

love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2013 :  17:03:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, now that gives me hope that I'm on to something!

In the meantime, my Lady, can we discuss other things you love?

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2013 :  21:52:44  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like your theory, Wooly. It gives me hope that his end was not quite as ignominious as it seemed.

THO, you tease, m'lady. Here's to hoping that Wooly is actually on to something.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 26 Nov 2013 22:31:25
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2013 :  23:59:10  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like Wooly's theory (because of how detailed and how much thought Wooly obviously put into writing it), but I'm also somewhat jealous. (I'm supposed to be re-creating my dad's old homebrew world, but all I'm really doing is stealing everybody else's ideas, primarily Wooly's, or Mr. Greenwood's.)

EDIT: Sorry, everyone. I didn't mean to start ranting.

Edited by - Drustan Dwnhaedan on 27 Nov 2013 00:16:50
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  04:28:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drustan Dwnhaedan

I really like Wooly's theory (because of how detailed and how much thought Wooly obviously put into writing it), but I'm also somewhat jealous. (I'm supposed to be re-creating my dad's old homebrew world, but all I'm really doing is stealing everybody else's ideas, primarily Wooly's, or Mr. Greenwood's.)

To be quite honest, my creativity is sometimes best expressed by tweaking someone else's material... I think my musing above shows that sometimes it's not the ingredients that you use, it's how you put them together. I just put a different spin on a lot of possibly unconnected things.

I am quite appreciative of everyone that likes my musing and thinks it has merit, though.

Go to Top of Page

Arcanus
Senior Scribe

485 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  22:06:34  Show Profile  Visit Arcanus's Homepage Send Arcanus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surely it's a moot idea. Ao is just going to snap his fingers and put things right. Besides, I have issues with mortals doing such enormous tasks that even gods have failed at.
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  22:47:05  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Drustan Dwnhaedan

To be quite honest, my creativity is sometimes best expressed by tweaking someone else's material... I think my musing above shows that sometimes it's not the ingredients that you use, it's how you put them together. I just put a different spin on a lot of possibly unconnected things.

I am quite appreciative of everyone that likes my musing and thinks it has merit, though.

You're welcome, Wooly! (It's always nice to be appreciated!) And thanks, because you're words helped put things back in perspective for me. (Seeing as how, even though I'm rebuilding my dad's world, it's going to inevitably be different from the world he created; it'll be tweaked, even if only slightly, to how I think things should be.)

Um... sorry for going off topic. -_-'
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  22:53:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arcanus

Surely it's a moot idea. Ao is just going to snap his fingers and put things right. Besides, I have issues with mortals doing such enormous tasks that even gods have failed at.

I don't think it's going to be quite that simple...

And besides, what Halaster is doing -- it could be at the urging of one or more deities, whether he knows it or not. It could, for example, be something that Mystryl charged him to do, should certain things come to pass. Given a scenario like that, he may not have even known what was coming, only that it was time to follow the instructions he'd been given so long ago.

Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2013 :  22:59:27  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly,

I too like the idea of using the various incarnations of Mystryl/Mystra to accomplish (very) long ranging plans down the eons. Especially when one of them starts a task/plot that her follow on deity isn't even aware is underway anymore (owing to the loss of knowledge between incarnations). The continuity of the goddess of magic (who has a unique position lacking in much self interested motivation that tends to dominate other god's agendas) is particularly compatible with this sort of thing in my humble view.

Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2013 :  00:42:57  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly,

I too like the idea of using the various incarnations of Mystryl/Mystra to accomplish (very) long ranging plans down the eons. Especially when one of them starts a task/plot that her follow on deity isn't even aware is underway anymore (owing to the loss of knowledge between incarnations). The continuity of the goddess of magic (who has a unique position lacking in much self interested motivation that tends to dominate other god's agendas) is particularly compatible with this sort of thing in my humble view.

Go to Top of Page

Drake Wrymtngue
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2018 :  17:16:26  Show Profile Send Drake Wrymtngue a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, there certainly could be simpler explanations, but as expressed earlier, it seems unlikely that someone could have penetrated Halaster's defenses *and* cause his backups to all fail, simultaneously. So given what we know of Halaster, I think it's quite likely that he pulled one of the biggest fast ones in the history of the Realms and that his "demise" was just one step of a larger plan.

very possible

Just because your not paranoid, does not mean they are not out to get ya
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  04:50:24  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It bemnuses me no end that Wooly started this thread almost 5 years ago to the day to The Dungeon of the Mad mage release!

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2018 :  20:09:53  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That little section of Cloak and Dagger that talked about the Manshoon Wars opened up so many possibilities. It was such a shame when they were RSEd into oblivion. Still, some of the maybe's suggested therein remain open for realms-shaping significance. Chief among them was this line:

"Manshoon (nine of him, to be precise) buys himself sanctuary in the company of many wizards such as Larloch the Lich-King, Vimal Craumerdaun of Eshpurta, Vynmarius of Athkatla, Vizar Mohad el Fisar of Manshaka, Tenaral of Amruthar, Vyth of Darmshall, Halaster of Undermountain, Master of Mages Guldor Zauviit of Sshamath, and the Simbul"

The first question one must ask oneself when reading this is clearly, what did Manshoon have to offer them? Secrets and magical treasures, to be sure, but most importantly he has his one truly unique spell: stasis clone.

When I first read how they killed of Halaster, who, at least in my mind, is one of the pillars that the Realms have been built around and in no way a removable piece, I immediately concluded that this was a false trail. Halaster lived on - but how. In the end I came to the same conclusion: stasis clone. But why would Halaster do this? The answer came from Ed's books, specifically Elminster in Hell, where we learn that Halaster's madness is a result of the magics pulling at him. Halaster found a way to free himself of these ties without destroying all he had built. My guess was he created a magical ritual that required his death to accomplished, and that the stasis clone was the ace up his sleeve that let him cheat Kelemvor (or whoever the god of death was at that moment).

The other thing to remember is that like any contingency, the activation of a stasis clone need not be the death of the original - it could be any event. So maybe Halaster tied his soul, or soul shards, to Undermountain in order to bypass some other problem and then when his clone activates years later he goes back to being a wholer, saner Halaster.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2382 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2018 :  12:46:02  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Halaster was practically invulnerable while within Undermountain. That said, he'd been attacked and taken out of there before... Now, if he'd been attacked before, and he was working on something of vital importance, then he should have had wards, barriers, and protective magic out the yin-yang when he was working on that last project. And yet, someone got thru and messed things up, anyway.

...and decoy bodies, and the entire Undermountain with teleport blocking wards and occasionally shifting walls. Even his own apprentices weren't able to get to him.
The problem is that most of the time he's bouncing through the scale from somewhat absent-minded (between not dealing with other people much, being absorbed in experiments and trying to control more bodies than most deities have avatars) to plain crazy. And even when lucid, he tend to dismiss all these whippers-snappers who didn't even live thousand years. Which most of the time isn't wrong, some just happen to be both competent and lucky enough to make a move when he's staring at pretty lights and giggling, rather than looking over his territory and messing with them.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000