Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon 2013: The Harpers at Twilight
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Marcus_Wands
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  15:16:41  Show Profile Send Marcus_Wands a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice to know I'm not alone. I've never even seen someone put an unofficial/unauthorized version on Etsy - which is pretty common among fandoms on Etsy.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  18:33:30  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you guys are interested, contact Garen Thal, who is the organizer of the pins. We're considering if/how to create more pins for people who missed out.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Marcus_Wands
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  19:33:28  Show Profile Send Marcus_Wands a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Erik! I reached out to him!
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  21:48:38  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

If you guys are interested, contact Garen Thal, who is the organizer of the pins. We're considering if/how to create more pins for people who missed out.

Cheers

That's awesome news! I didn't have the money when the offer first went around. I'd love to have a Harper pin myself. I'll be messaging him. Thanks!

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Marcus_Wands
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  22:02:13  Show Profile Send Marcus_Wands a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Delwa, did you know how much the pins were on the first go-around? Even if it's just a ballpark figure?
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  23:14:29  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marcus_Wands

Delwa, did you know how much the pins were on the first go-around? Even if it's just a ballpark figure?

I believe twenty was the magic number.

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Marcus_Wands
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  23:44:27  Show Profile Send Marcus_Wands a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could swing that or somewhere round abouts.
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2014 :  15:18:16  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone!

Just to consolidate a number of responses into one answer, here's the skinny:

There are no more Harper pins.

We came into the summer with only a handful of pins remaining, those went to two sets of people: people who were promised pins and never got them (administrators for the Candlekeep site, Eric Boyd, George Krashos), and folks that contributed to our GoFundMe effort to finance the 2014 pins beyond a certain threshold ($60). I honestly was not expecting the Harper pins to be so in-demand that anyone would pay such a generous amount, but they were, and I thank those individuals from the bottom of my twisted little heart.

But that leaves us with a dilemma. Kind folks paid a lot of money to obtain 2013 Harper pins that were in short supply in order to help us fund 2014 Lords of Waterdeep pins. It would be easy enough to do another round of donation/collection/production for the Harper pins, but then we are in the position of possibly invalidating that generosity--which I have no intentions of doing.

We may do something in the future, but there are other legal and logistical concerns beyond the finances that have to be worked out, first.

-BC
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2014 :  16:42:58  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gotcha. Thanks for letting us know! Now to go back to whittling a wooden pin....

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Marcus_Wands
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2014 :  21:40:31  Show Profile Send Marcus_Wands a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the last thing a Harper would want to do is invalidate the good deeds of another noble creature! Thanks, Garen!

Edited by - Marcus_Wands on 19 Sep 2014 21:43:12
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000