Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Request for Realmslore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2009 :  15:41:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Hey Alaundo,
I'm not wondering about it getting online, as I know you
waiting for the fansite guidelines from WOTC. But have you
read any of my submission? If you have, did you find it
insightful and or of possible use?
Just wondering, your the only other person to have a copy.

Well met, Althen

Fear not, I haven't forgot thy pennings and certainly find them to be of great value. They'll be appearing here on Candlekeep shortly

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2009 :  19:23:44  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scrolls shared, Alaundo:

Awesome! I always wanted to write my own accessory.
Now this gives me more confidence to write more.
Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  15:09:22  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so when are you guys gonna revamp the CK site so that you include all the new stuff in Alaundo's library..it must be over flowing by now.....

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2009 :  15:20:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes. All the material currently stored here at Candlekeep, will be included with the upgrade to Candlekeep 2. There'll likely be new stuff as well.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Stonwulfe
Seeker

Canada
81 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2009 :  07:51:53  Show Profile  Visit Stonwulfe's Homepage Send Stonwulfe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm working on a 4e plot... The death of Shar.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2009 :  08:11:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if and when you'd like to include it here at Candlekeep, let me know.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

EltonJ
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2012 :  02:21:28  Show Profile  Visit EltonJ's Homepage Send EltonJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Let it be known that we are now more actively seeking Realms material and urging fellow scribes of Candlekeep to send forth their personal works and collections to share with other Forgotten Realms fans here in the library, to add to the ever growing vaults of Realmslore made available for all to see.

Therefore, any such material penned by yourself on any Realms subject will be greatfully appreciated. Whether it be official reproductions and collected material or your own expansions, we will be happy to hear from you.

For example, please stop by and take a look at the scrolls found in the Travelers Notebooks room, Adventures in Faerun and Realms Lore chambers. Notes and Journals are also welcome, other such items can be read here.

Of course, your contribution will be well credited and your name listed with your work and on the main credits scroll.

If ye have anything you wish to submit or have any queries then please contact me.

Thank ye for your time.

I guess I can submit my present campaign.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2013 :  16:47:39  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have what I like to call an "expansion pack" to the Grand History of the Realms. Stuff the original missed that I'm slowly adding to the FR wiki. It's currently a 612Kb word document and still very much a WiP but at 61 pages I've been considering dumping it somewhere so that I don't have to do all the work myself.

Edit: Am in the process of reviewing the stuff from Loremaster in my free time for anything I may have missed. Apart from a few minor details, from what I can see, I haven't missed much.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 19 Jun 2013 15:08:29
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2013 :  03:00:41  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still have my brother Brian's original timelines up on Loremaster.org for those interested. It's fairly complete minus anything newer. (http://www.loremaster.org/portal/).
Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2013 :  04:00:05  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still working on my "titles in Thay," and "Mysteries of the Weave," as soon as they are finished, I'll send them along.

We choose to live a lie, when we see with, & not through the eye.

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page

KacyCrawford
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2013 :  16:48:57  Show Profile Send KacyCrawford a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

I still have my brother Brian's original timelines up on Loremaster.org for those interested. It's fairly complete minus anything newer. (http://www.loremaster.org/portal/).

Great, this looks pretty, thanks for sharing
Go to Top of Page

spirit_guardian93
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2014 :  21:39:55  Show Profile Send spirit_guardian93 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apparently a lot has changed since 3.5e, but I am currently running a campaign with characters who wish to take a culinary tour of the realms. Are the records in Volothamp's guides still accurate or are they obsolete now that the Sundering has occurred?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2014 :  23:03:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spirit_guardian93

Apparently a lot has changed since 3.5e, but I am currently running a campaign with characters who wish to take a culinary tour of the realms. Are the records in Volothamp's guides still accurate or are they obsolete now that the Sundering has occurred?

They're 100+ years out of date...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gers
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2014 :  01:02:58  Show Profile Send Gers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I was wondering any one has some expertise in what sort of poisons might be in use in the Realms? Most specifically, ones that are multipart, in that two normally harmless substances that, when eaten or drunk together, becomes toxic inside the victim's body, or otherwise aren't subject to normal detect poison spells. Any help would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2017 :  20:59:01  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Just a notification that I will be updating some main site content over the next couple of weeks. If any members wish to have any material included on the site (be that Campaign journals, stories, lore articles etc.) then please drop me a PM on the forum or email (alaundo@candlekeep.com).

If you have posted an article in the forum and I have not contacted you either privately or by a reply post, then I may have missed the thread, so please give me a nudge by the above methods if you wish your material included

Many thanks, fellow scribes.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2017 :  22:57:43  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to hear it! I kind of did a double-take when I got a thread reminder, it'd been so long. :P

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2017 :  17:03:30  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was working on something, but it got set aside. It's on my mind, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Archfey of Debauchery
Acolyte

23 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2020 :  20:52:23  Show Profile Send Archfey of Debauchery a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any lore or stats for The Knaves of The Missing Page? Or The Rogues of The Laughing Midnight?

From everything I have gathered, the Knaves are operating out of Evereska, with a member of House Floshin near Daggerford on the outskirts of Ardeep forest?

The Laughing Midnight is operating out of Silverymoon? Everlund? The Silver Marches in general? I have only read what is on these threads. Yet there seems to be more information on The Laughing Midnight than the Missing Page. Not sure if it's canon or not. I would like more information on both elven guilds if possible.

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  18:57:52  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker of Debauchery,

This link is probably a good starting point: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3803&whichpage=37.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  20:36:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Seeker of Debauchery,

This link is probably a good starting point: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3803&whichpage=37.

Best regards,

Archfey of Debauchery was Copper Elven Vampire pretending to be someone else. He knew exactly where to find what he was looking for; I think he was trying to make himself seem more important.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  20:41:02  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He made an account to ask about stuff from himself?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  21:12:31  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

He made an account to ask about stuff from himself?

Yes, and also inquired of scribes why he could not PM Copper Elven Vampire, Oghma only knows why.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  21:14:41  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I don't know the full story...probably don't want to.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  22:03:49  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Neither do I, nor do I want to. Wooly had to deal with the full load of crap.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  22:12:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm not sure I know the full story, and I was involved!

The thing of pretending to be someone else was just... odd.

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  22:24:09  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I'm not sure I know the full story, and I was involved!

The thing of pretending to be someone else was just... odd.

Well playing a character most of us do know how to do, however odd that a user would use a new screen name to try to contact the old screen name. Also there was praise and admiration as I recall. Maybe part was the idea was to rally members to question why CEV was no longer posting, hoping there were members to rally for that user.

There can be many guesses as far as it goes.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2020 :  22:55:39  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

Crap! You had just mentioned that in that specific thread. My apologies.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Mrestos Khorvaen
Acolyte

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2020 :  16:03:35  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personaly I've always thought Sembia need some development.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2020 :  17:03:03  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker Khorvaen,

I agree. I think it all does, but I really want the structural fluff, such as more about governance, economics, cultural beliefs, etc. I would eat that stuff up all day! :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2020 :  18:28:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mrestos Khorvaen

Personaly I've always thought Sembia need some development.

Sembia was originally deliberately left vague, to give DMs as much room to play as possible.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000