Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Waterdeep - House Ruldegost
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ze
Learned Scribe

Italy
147 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2013 :  18:22:30  Show Profile Send Ze a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

I'm sharing this because someone might be interested in this family and could save some time recycling my work.

Based on THO/Ed's scroll (http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?whichpage=16&TOPIC_ID=17385) describing in detail the Ruldegost family (a Waterdhavian noble house), here is the product of my calculations of each family member's birth date, using canon and the dates given by Ed, as constraints upon which I built the rest.
I have them on an excel sheet but I'm not sure if and how I can attach it here.

Mind you, they are rough estimates and more than once I could only follow my common sense.

I am also statting and expanding each family member for my campaign, but that would be all in Italian, sorry.

And Sleyvas, if you're reading this, at the end you were right, I really couldn't leave Lady Ninvara Krimmevol out of the story. And with Bly's age I estimate below, it's nice to see they're not the youngsters one would expect in the first place.

Name Kara
Title Lady
Born 1274
Age in 1370: 96
Spouse Alaerik
Son 1 Dethnar
Son 2 Bly

Name Alaerik
Title Lord
Born 1274
Death 1353
Age at death: 79
Father Norond
Mother ?
Spouse Kara
Son 1 Dethnar
Son 2 Bly

Name Alauvin
Title Lord
Born 1281
Death 1356
Age at death: 75
Spouse Parlarla
Spouse Imra
Spouse Lorlethra
Son 1 Nauvneene
Son 2 Orlaethra
Son 3 Geldor
Son 4 Parbrym
Son 5 Naint
Son 6 Corvor
Son 7 Telneth
Son 8 Burdeth
Son 9 Hammalarra
Son 10 Shelaenne
Son 11 Ramphaer
Son 12 Lethlill
Son 13 Zorsra
Son 14 Ambedaelia
Son 15 Dethurra
Son 16 Trethma

Name Dethnar
Title Lord
Born 1301
Death 1360
Age at death: 59
Father Alaerik
Mother Kara
Spouse Essemra
Son 1 Detan

Name Detan
Title Young Lord
Born 1359
Age in 1370: 11 (infant)
Father Dethnar
Mother Essemra

Name Bly
Title Lord Regent
Born 1313
Age in 1370: 57
Father Alaerik
Mother Kara

Name Essemra
Title Lady
Born 1312
Death 1360
Age at death: 48
Spouse Dethnar

Name Nauvneene
Title Lady
Born 1317
Age in 1370: 53
Father Alauvin
Mother Parlarla

Name Orlaethra
Title Lady
Born 1319
Age in 1370: 51
Father Alauvin
Mother Parlarla

Name Geldor
Title Lord
Born 1326
Age in 1370: 44
Father Alauvin
Mother Imra

Name Parbrym
Title Lord
Born 1326
Age in 1370: 44
Father Alauvin
Mother Imra

Name Naint
Title Lord
Born 1330
Age in 1370: 40
Father Alauvin
Mother Imra

Name Corvor
Title Lord
Born 1330
Age in 1370: 40
Father Alauvin
Mother Imra

Name Telneth
Title Lord
Born 1333
Age in 1370: 37
Father Alauvin
Mother Imra

Name Burdeth
Title Lord
Born 1333
Age in 1370: 37
Father Alauvin
Mother Imra

Name Hammalarra
Title Lady
Born 1336
Age in 1370: 34
Father Alauvin
Mother Imra

Name Shelaenne
Title Lady
Born 1338
Age in 1370: 32
Father Alauvin
Mother Imra

Name Ramphaer
Title Lord
Born 1343
Age in 1370: 27
Father Alauvin
Mother Lorlethra

Name Lethlill
Title Lady
Born 1345
Age in 1370: 25
Father Alauvin
Mother Lorlethra

Name Zorsra
Title Lady
Born 1348
Age in 1370: 22
Father Alauvin
Mother Lorlethra

Name Ambedaelia
Title Lady
Born 1348
Father Alauvin
Mother Lorlethra

Name Dethurra
Title Lady
Born 1348
Father Alauvin
Mother Lorlethra

Name Trethma
Title Lady
Born 1350
Age in 1370: 20
Father Alauvin
Mother Lorlethra

Ciao,
Ze

Ze
Learned Scribe

Italy
147 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2013 :  14:20:17  Show Profile Send Ze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once again, sharing for anybody who may be interested in saving some time.
For each of the above Ruldegosts, here's class & level, and quick notes. I based upon Ed's scroll linked above, and kept close to canon where further info existed. Forgive any typos or errors.

This picture assumes the current time is Hammer 1370 DR.

- Lord Bly Ruldegost (LN, Fighter 8) - described thoroughly in Eric Boyd's 3e City of Splendors. He runs, with the advice of Lady Kara, the main family business - their involvement in the Thousandheads caravan company.
- Lady Nauvneene (N Sorcerer 6) & Lady Orlaethra (N Sorcerer 5) - they are called the Ruldegost Witches by outsiders, due to their reclusion and sexual habits.
-Lord Geldor (N Rogue 2) - runs one of the family businesses: bounty hunting. He controls a net of informers about all sort of bounties on the Sword Coast. Married to Lady Geryana Shillynar of Halagard, they had an stillborn baby, and ever since that painful experience they've been practicing strict contraception, both herbal and magic.
- Lord Parbrym (N Ari3) - A shallow, idle, flaccid squanderer, and a ladies' man. But not a stupid. Often works with Geldor, pretending to be him when his brother needs an alibi. Associates with Loene and Shyrrhr (who uses this friendship to keep Piergeiron up to date on the Ruldegosts). He has a secret lover whose identity he conceals very well.
- Lord Naint (LN Adept 7 [Waukeen]) - a very upright man, he made Vow of Chastity, and he pilgrims once a year in Athkatla, even if Waukeen disappeared so many years ago now. He's pen-friends with Jygil Zelnartha, High Priestess of Waukeen in Nesmé.
- Lord Corvor (CN Bard 3/ Rogue 3) - Disreputable, braggart, scrappy at times. Rumour has it that young Ronnie, waiter at the Dripping Dagger, is his son. He doesn't even want to know. His aim is buying the Smiling Siren for his bard friends and himself: Kara and Naunveene do not support his desire, but Bly believes the idea could have some use.
- Lord Telneth (CN Barbarian 2/Cleric 2 [Tempus]) - In 1366 DR he married Lady Kitiara Ilitul of Waterdeep. Two years later, while she was pregnant of their first son, she was killed. Telneth left the city and he's been a travelling adventurer since then. Lady Kara has him scried once a month - the last time he was in a wood, along with a Ghostwise Halfling, fighting slashing creepers.
- Lord Burdeth (LN Sorcerer 6/Elemental Savant 1) - an active member of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, he is keeping seminars on his treatise published two years ago - "On the connection between natural thunders and the Weave".
- Lady Hammalarra (N Ari4) - she officially got engaged ten years ago with Bleys Dhacrylon. She is still in mourning, but she is obsessed with the possibility that Bleys has turned into a vampire, and she plans to hire a group of adventurers to find it out, after the end of her mourning.
- Lady Shelaenne (LG Ari3) - A benefactress, she sponsors young poets and supports New Olamn. Her true calling is helping the needy. Beloved by the whole Waterdeep, shy and modest, her virtue won the heart of Luther Myntion, Paladin of Tyr, who has recently returned from adventures of which he'd rather not speak. Lady Kara will agree to their marriage only if Luther's father will achieve the mastership of the Vintners', Distillers', & Brewers' Guild.
- Lord Ramphaer (CG Ari1/Ftr4/Due1) - During 1368 DR he fought in the Tethyrian Restauration. The following year he stood out among the defenders of Waterdeep, against the sahuagin.
- Lady Lethlill (CG Exp4) - one of the most appreciated new sculptors in the city. Her ice sculptures have been quite the rage this winter.
- Lady Zorsra (N Ari2) - as short as plump, pimply, aggressive and spoiled. Her main concern is food.
- Lady Ambedaelia (NE Ari2) - tall, skinny and rather clumsy, sometimes she laughs without apparent reason. She loves to watch as her hound "plays" with little kitties or small pups she put in his kennel.
- Lady Dethurra (N Ari2) - broad-shouldered, whiskered and nondescript, she lives in the shadow of Zorsra and Ambedaelia.
- Lady Trethma (LG Rog2/Ftr2) - Harpers' friend, she was a good friend of Cryshana Fireglen, whose sacrifice in Hellgate Keep is still mourned.

Ze
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2013 :  17:38:30  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting ideas. Nice job giving each of them some personality.
Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2013 :  19:04:59  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And a fine choice of dates! The 1368 to 1372 period is basically my favorite.

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page

Ze
Learned Scribe

Italy
147 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2013 :  15:07:51  Show Profile Send Ze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

I've actually put down more than that for each family member, but I posted only what my players may see, in the event they visit Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  18:12:21  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! I'm writing a thousand heads coster into my campaign just to be able to use your work ^_^ thanks!!!

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Ze
Learned Scribe

Italy
147 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2015 :  10:21:11  Show Profile Send Ze a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! :)

My Ruldegost campaign is still regularly going on with weekly sessions, and players haven't even heard of the Thousandheads yet. :D
There's so MUCH they can chew...
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2015 :  00:30:44  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Ze, I hadn't notice this thread 2 years ago, but glad I could help back then. Just in case it helps you further for say some player printouts etc....

link to a picture of the Ruldegost Crest. Looks ok when shrunk to fit like a "seal" printed on a document
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8CYc8h_6sg8RkJXTUh3X1VFVVk/edit?pli=1

Also, if you have any uses for other Waterdhavian Crests, this thread has similar links. Not professional by any means, but should be good for players.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18069

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Roseweave
Learned Scribe

Ireland
212 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2015 :  02:10:32  Show Profile  Visit Roseweave's Homepage Send Roseweave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They're a big part of our current campaign. One of our PCs is a Ruldegost(who married my sister), and the Waterdeep Ruldegosts adopted my other sister and another player's sister and there's sort of a feud between them and my family/mother after the time they stopped her seeing her daughter so she vowed revenge and flew off cackling on a broomstick into the night.

Classic mother.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000