Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 About Simbul
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maxter
Acolyte

Brazil
8 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2013 :  21:40:07  Show Profile Send maxter a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I dont know if here's the right place for my question but i will take the shot.

Right now i'm narrating a 3.5e ( 1374DR ) game and its located on Aglarond , i read somewhere that shes missing at this point , i probably saw it on UE book but i cant find the text right now.

Is it true ? Or im doing a blasphemy ?

Quer jogar forgotten realms?
Add tassiotabm no skype!

Xar Zarath
Senior Scribe

Malaysia
552 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2013 :  04:18:34  Show Profile Send Xar Zarath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought she was missing after the events of the Spellplague?

Everything ends where it begins. Period.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2013 :  04:38:02  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Canon date for the 4E Spellplague is 1385DR.

The infamous FR Wiki gives a synopsis of the Simbul's activities and locations, although I haven't read whatever Elminster novel isn't cited so I can't confirm the wiki's accuracy.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2013 :  00:57:06  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Canon date for the 4E Spellplague is 1385DR.

The infamous FR Wiki gives a synopsis of the Simbul's activities and locations, although I haven't read whatever Elminster novel isn't cited so I can't confirm the wiki's accuracy.

I have read them and it follows what occured in El Enraged. At least, that is how it is explained to us. Who knows what "really" happened to someone as connected to Mystra and as powerful as The Simbul is in the Art.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2013 :  09:51:46  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maxter

Right now i'm narrating a 3.5e ( 1374DR ) game and its located on Aglarond , i read somewhere that shes missing at this point, i probably saw it on UE book but i cant find the text right now.
Prior to the Spellplague, Alassra had been leaving Aglarond to do Mystra-only-knew-what, and always managed to return. Her most prolonged absence was after the Spellplauge---the plague rendered her insane.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2013 :  19:17:09  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm of the opinion that anybody who dedicates themselves to worship a goddess who blows up every second week is already insane.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2013 :  10:17:02  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read El Enraged. Seemed pretty clear to me that the Simbul is "dead." While it would not be at all unheard of for Mystra to resurrect one of her Chosen, she did say to the Simbul that soon she could rest forever.

Also apparently dead forever is Symrustar Auglammer (another Chosen) who El just happened upon in the Underdark. Her character was introduced in El In Myth Drannor.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2013 :  13:45:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess thats one book I no longer have to read.

Spoilers:
Anyhow, Manshoon 'killed' Elminster, and he was still 'alive' (sort of) at the end of Die Elminster, and Selune was still around as well after her own death (although she was sligtly more dead then El... isn't it odd how we can have 'degrees of deadness' in D&D?)

So being dead in D&D doesn't really mean the same thing as being dead in the RW. Its a temporary inconvenience, at best.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 28 Jan 2013 13:50:28
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2013 :  13:55:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I'm of the opinion that anybody who dedicates themselves to worship a goddess who blows up every second week is already insane.

Only from our point of view (which is why the setting got so hokey from 1e-4e). We have to remember Elminster lived with the SAME goddess for most of his 1000+ years.

I just realize something - we should pity any world that becomes a D&D setting. From the point of its publication it becomes a rollercoaster of horrific events.

I picture people at TSR/WotC looking through their scrying glasses for more worlds to plund... err... detail, and folks on worlds huddling in fright as the 'giant eye in the sky' passes them over...

"Phew... they decided we were too boring... thank goodness..."

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2013 :  00:10:03  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

I read El Enraged. Seemed pretty clear to me that the Simbul is "dead." While it would not be at all unheard of for Mystra to resurrect one of her Chosen, she did say to the Simbul that soon she could rest forever.

Also apparently dead forever is Symrustar Auglammer (another Chosen) who El just happened upon in the Underdark. Her character was introduced in El In Myth Drannor.

Ed through THO has basically said the Simbul's story is not done. I was upset at first but after hearing what she (THO) wrote here at the Keep after the book came out I calmed down. I'm sure the Simbul is not "dead" in a permanent way.

Edited by - Seravin on 29 Jan 2013 00:10:43
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2013 :  19:45:17  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Contingencies upon Contingencies I say.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2013 :  01:50:32  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm curious.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2013 :  06:21:00  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The last extended period of the Simbul's absence (before the famous one in 1425 that you guys are talking about) I have recorded in my GHotR expansion was in 1367 DR.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000