Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2016 :  14:57:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oooo! I backed the 5e version... but now I'm thinking the PATHFINDER option might also be worth a look as well.

I'm kinda surprised the way they did that; I've seen other Kickstarters that did multiple rulesets in one go, and you pledged for whichever version you wanted, with the option for other versions in the add-ons.

It looks like the bulk of this one is rules-neutral, though, which is part of the appear for me.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2016 :  03:46:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two more Kickstarters of interest...

Scroll and Codex: Dice Tower and Rolling Tray

quote:
A bespoke, leather-bound scroll case that transforms into a dice tower with a scroll that unrolls into a rolling tray

These are so pretty! And so out of my price range!

And this one, which is not out of my price range:

Demon Cults & Secret Societies: 5th Edition & Pathfinder RPG

quote:
Cults and secret societies rife with true villainy, fiendish plots, blackhearted new magic, detailed cultists, and high priests!

quote:
The first five parts of the Demon Cults series were commissioned to support the Southlands Kickstarter, and they are quite amazing.

However, people asked if we could expand them, to provide more sample cultists at various CRs, plus more new monsters and special cult-specific magic to give each cult or secret society unique tools that PCs have never seen before. Those expansions make an already playable set of villains into something even richer and more exciting.

Several of the original cults were specifically created for the Southlands and work best within tropical or subtropical cultures. We wanted to keep those in this volume. (Some of them, like the pseudo-Egyptian Emerald Order of Thoth-Hermes, work pretty much in any European context as well, if you know your History of Magick.)

However, we also wanted to add all-new cults based on Nordic themes and on a debauched underworld, and other wellsprings of vileness. This book will include runic cults, new demons, and various ways to sow bloody ruin in a traditional fantasy campaign well beyond the Southlands: in colder climates, rat-infested cities, and other locales.

This book is over 120 pages, roughly 12 pages per cult, and in full color. The cults hail from both the North and South, and they are designed to fit easily into most fantasy settings without rework (though a few are more Midgardian than others).

If the project is well-funded, we hope to offer you even more art and additional cults, created a rich cornucopia of malevolent mayhem!

I backed the Southlands Kickstarter; it's one of the few Kickstarters where I upped my initial pledge more than once. And I thought it was well worth. Now Kobold Press is back with more goodies, so I'm in!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 04 Oct 2016 03:46:36
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2016 :  15:30:03  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Two more Kickstarters of interest...

Scroll and Codex: Dice Tower and Rolling Tray

quote:
A bespoke, leather-bound scroll case that transforms into a dice tower with a scroll that unrolls into a rolling tray

These are so pretty! And so out of my price range!

And this one, which is not out of my price range:

Demon Cults & Secret Societies: 5th Edition & Pathfinder RPG

quote:
Cults and secret societies rife with true villainy, fiendish plots, blackhearted new magic, detailed cultists, and high priests!

quote:
The first five parts of the Demon Cults series were commissioned to support the Southlands Kickstarter, and they are quite amazing.

However, people asked if we could expand them, to provide more sample cultists at various CRs, plus more new monsters and special cult-specific magic to give each cult or secret society unique tools that PCs have never seen before. Those expansions make an already playable set of villains into something even richer and more exciting.

Several of the original cults were specifically created for the Southlands and work best within tropical or subtropical cultures. We wanted to keep those in this volume. (Some of them, like the pseudo-Egyptian Emerald Order of Thoth-Hermes, work pretty much in any European context as well, if you know your History of Magick.)

However, we also wanted to add all-new cults based on Nordic themes and on a debauched underworld, and other wellsprings of vileness. This book will include runic cults, new demons, and various ways to sow bloody ruin in a traditional fantasy campaign well beyond the Southlands: in colder climates, rat-infested cities, and other locales.

This book is over 120 pages, roughly 12 pages per cult, and in full color. The cults hail from both the North and South, and they are designed to fit easily into most fantasy settings without rework (though a few are more Midgardian than others).

If the project is well-funded, we hope to offer you even more art and additional cults, created a rich cornucopia of malevolent mayhem!

I backed the Southlands Kickstarter; it's one of the few Kickstarters where I upped my initial pledge more than once. And I thought it was well worth. Now Kobold Press is back with more goodies, so I'm in!

thanks for the kobold press heads up. On the dice roller... damn, that's pretty... I wish I could afford it and had someplace to truly display it.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2016 :  10:11:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So this one was perhaps inevitable, given the success of the show Stranger Things...

The Demogorgon 8" Collectible Figure Statue

quote:
The Demogorgon figure stands approximately 8 inches tall, and is solid cast resin. Fully painted, assembled & ready to display!

We, like many others, fell in love with this figure. The Demogorgon reminded us of our childhood. Being adult collectors, we wanted to create a statue that we would be proud to display in our home or office.

Recreating this figure in 3D at a larger scale required us to enhance the design and add more details and texture to the sculpt.

Cast in solid resin enabled us to capture every detail of the original 3D render. We redesigned the base not only for aesthetics but also to enhance the footprint and give it a good weight and feel for the statue.

Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2017 :  10:15:45  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Demogorgon KS is cancelled it seems. Copyright infringement lawsuit from the current IP holder (Mirliton in Italy).
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  07:03:27  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Kobolds are at it again, this time with an update of the Midgard Campaign Setting at its five year anniversary. The existing version was produced pre-Kickstarter (or at least before KP started using Kickstarter), now with the firmly establish base from multiple prior projects, the production values of this should be through the warren roof. It is aimed at both Pathfinder and 5E.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/midgard-campaign-setting-dark-roads-and-deep-magic

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  09:40:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And it's already well past its initial funding goals, with nearly a month left.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 26 Jan 2017 09:41:27
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2017 :  15:24:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Dragon Tray

quote:
Crafted by the insane Lumberjack Vikings at Dog Might Games, the Dragon Tray is the most jaw dropping dice rolling surface known to man. These amazing works of art are the culmination of years of artistic study combined with technical expertise and fine craftsmanship. Every Dragon Tray is created from hand selected hardwoods and comes with a Lifetime Guarantee.

Not all of these work for me... But the Castle one is so, so pretty! Unfortunately, these are out of my price range, and that's even assuming I used a dice tray. I barely use the leather dice cup I paid like $15 for at GenCon a couple years back.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 31 Jan 2017 15:27:41
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2017 :  21:19:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Book of Metal

Description (edited a bit for language):

quote:
What would you expect to find in a D&D book that was completely themed around Heavy Metal?

- The ability to play a viable front-line Bard who raises the dead and literally uses their instrument as a weapon? Check!

- How about the ability to play a rugged gunslinger with dark powers stemming from the Nine Hells themselves? Or a cybernetic killing machine? Or a no-s-given warrior who summons forth valkyries to fight for him? Check, check and check!

- Using your own organs as fuel for your brutal arcane rituals? Check with a face-melting on top.

- Iconic Heavy Metal monsters to battle against? Check!

- A plethora of magic-items, which range from macabre curiosities to world-breaking relics? Mothering check to that!

Now, I'm personally not into heavy metal, and none of these game options appeal to me. But the sheer goofiness of the concept does appeal to me, so I may support it to get the pdf.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2017 :  16:24:04  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not adding any commentary, but this might appeal to a few folks old enough to remember this fervor from 1E days....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/496783700/satanic-panic

Mod edit: Removed the double URL.

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 28 Feb 2017 18:08:41
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2017 :  19:53:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is too goofy to not share...

Owlbears - Fantasy RPG Themed Designer Plush

quote:
Owlbears are fictional creatures that can be found in a myriad of fantasy role-playing games. In most cases, they are ferocious monsters that have the burly body of a bear and the head of an owl.

Whimsy Works' Owlbears are super cuddly, extra soft, and non -aggressive versions of these fearsome predators. These Owlbears are designer plush toys with role-playing game themed Paunch Patches on their tummies.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2017 :  03:14:22  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I'm backing this.

I'll just say my daughter wants one. Yeah, that's it.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2017 :  12:56:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one looks cool, and I made a point of pinging Markus, so he'd see it.

World Engine: An Online Map-Making Tool for Tabletop RPGs

quote:
World Engine is the awesome, online RPG map maker you’ve always wanted.

World Engine lets you seamlessly combine freehand drawing and tile-based painting tools. The application runs in your browser on virtually any device – and because World Engine is designed from scratch for touch, all its capabilities are being optimized with touch and stylus in mind.

Creating great looking maps for your campaign has never been this simple or fun. Build your maps, export them for print or use inside your favorite virtual tabletop and get playing your game!

World Engine will let you create jaw-dropping maps quickly and easily – without requiring you to be a graphic artist.

World Engine supports all the mapping features you’d expect – pens, brushes, fills, layers, snap to grid, scaling, rotating – and more. It also provides the advanced tools that artists need to take their maps to the next level.

Making great maps requires solid building blocks. World Engine comes with a built-in library of hundreds of high-quality pre-made tiles, textures, and objects to build truly unique maps for your campaign.

But if that isn’t enough, World Engine’s marketplace puts an ever-expanding library of premium art from top fantasy artists at your disposal.

If you can imagine it, World Engine will let you build it.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 24 Mar 2017 12:57:31
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  06:30:35  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A blast from the past!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/dcc-lankhmar
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  10:10:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kinda interested in that one, myself, but I know diddley about DCC.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2017 :  04:24:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The same. I'm curious, though I'd like to read up on this a little more before I commit any gold pieces.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2017 :  05:53:38  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know anything about the DCC game system either, but I suspect that given DCC's aim to produce dungeons which are like the early D&D modules, their system is probably pretty similar to at least one edition of D&D. I have a few of the 2e D&D Lankhmar books, and they're almost mechanics-free. Although they were published as AD&D products so they didn't need to have mechanics. Anyway, I predict that translating DCC's rules to 5e D&D won't be a hassle for those DMs who are so inclined. Just my guess.

I've debated plonking Nehwon down on one of the so-far-undetailed continents of the Realms, or one of Toril's moons. There are pros and cons of course.

I would like to read through it before buying, but reviewing other recent DCC products might be the only option for each of us to answer the question of whether their material is likely to be useful to us.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2017 :  15:52:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I don't play 5E, but this one looks promising:

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde! New 5E Monsters!

quote:
Add depth to your 5th Edition monsters with cultural details, combat tactics, a huge variety of new stat blocks, and much more!

UNLEASH THE HORDE! Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde is not another A-Z of monsters. Instead, we have focused on some of the commonly encountered monstrous races like goblins, gnolls, and orcs, detailing their cultures, environments, and attitudes, as well as introducing a wide variety of stat blocks to suit a range of challenge levels, each with their own unique artwork.

Only 6 days left on this one. I'm considering supporting it, myself, though this is already a pricy week for Kickstarter for me.

So I was originally going to support this Kickstarter, even though it was for 5E... But then they said they were going to do a new one, as soon as the first ended, for Pathfinder. So I decided to hold off and support that one, instead. Here's it's link. It's the same as the 5E one, with the same stretch goals and all, only it's for Pathfinder, instead.

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde for Pathfinder!

I got the pdf for this one last week, and I've had just enough time to flip through it... It looks like what Volo's Guide to Monsters was attempting to be, minus the Volo element. I'm impressed.

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  17:12:22  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
errr... Wooly?

Gyrating Hamsters

"That's what I'm talkin about! Gimme yo hamstas!"
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  18:21:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

Thoth
Acolyte

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  11:51:54  Show Profile Send Thoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh. Well, at least I didn't "facepalm". :)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2017 :  15:29:59  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one looks really good, even if you are not into 'Old School'. I personally know the artist, and all the artwork is done already. In fact, the entire project is complete - this Kickstarter is just to get up the money for a print-run. Please do whatever you can - the original of this was ahead of its time, and a LOT of its concepts made it into later editions of D&D.

The Arcanum

UPDATE: Its funded, but still a great thing to get in on!

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 18 May 2017 13:27:39
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2017 :  11:42:34  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Betting most know, but Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter 4 is in its last 12 hours. You need to go there now before it closes if you want it. Right now its at 2.58 million dollars so if you just buy the core set for $100 you get a LOT of minis. But the add ons are looking really nice as well. Can't believe I'm buying these again, but I've always loved minis, even though I still haven't painted the last 2 sets.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure?ref=hero_thanks

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2017 :  15:34:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Betting most know, but Reaper Miniatures Kickstarter 4 is in its last 12 hours. You need to go there now before it closes if you want it. Right now its at 2.58 million dollars so if you just buy the core set for $100 you get a LOT of minis. But the add ons are looking really nice as well. Can't believe I'm buying these again, but I've always loved minis, even though I still haven't painted the last 2 sets.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure?ref=hero_thanks

I backed it at the $1 level just so I could get some of the add-ons. The core set is a huge bargain, but I'm not the sort to enjoy painting minis -- the ones I get, I'll be paying CallMeGene to paint for me.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2017 :  18:08:24  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I backed it at the $1 level just so I could get some of the add-ons. The core set is a huge bargain, but I'm not the sort to enjoy painting minis -- the ones I get, I'll be paying CallMeGene to paint for me.

Yeah, I just started relooking at the core set, and I'm buying so many of the add ons within the core set ($52 worth) that I just said what the hell... buy two core sets. I'm gonna have so many miniatures, I'll never know when I'll have the time to paint them all. They really have some other really nice stuff too.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2017 :  04:35:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are some of the Core ones I'd like to get my hands on, but I'm not interested in the bulk of them.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2017 :  13:59:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed Greenwood got on board with yet another -

Frank Mentzer's Worlds of Empyrea

While I see a lot of old-school names being bandied about, the one thing I've noticed (at least with the artists) is that he says "have been invited to contribute", which doesn't actually mean some of the names he is dropping has promised anything (like Elmore, or Caldwell). Also, it has an extremely high initial goal - $250K - for a start-up with nothing to back it up but promises.

I don't think $75 for a new 'boxed set' in the old-school style is too much to pay, but I am afraid they may be biting off more than they can chew with this one (10 different rules systems? And you have to specify which one you will want?) Also, as I've said, all I see is lots of name-dropping, and absolutely nothing on content. And what little is mentioned of 'stretch goals' seems to be for products you can 'add on' (for money, of course). Thats kinda not the way stretch goals usually work, at least not the few kickstarters I've been part of.

So although I'll be watching this one, I personally will not be donating.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 03 Oct 2017 13:59:57
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2017 :  02:23:49  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Ed Greenwood got on board with yet another -

Frank Mentzer's Worlds of Empyrea

While I see a lot of old-school names being bandied about, the one thing I've noticed (at least with the artists) is that he says "have been invited to contribute", which doesn't actually mean some of the names he is dropping has promised anything (like Elmore, or Caldwell). Also, it has an extremely high initial goal - $250K - for a start-up with nothing to back it up but promises.

I don't think $75 for a new 'boxed set' in the old-school style is too much to pay, but I am afraid they may be biting off more than they can chew with this one (10 different rules systems? And you have to specify which one you will want?) Also, as I've said, all I see is lots of name-dropping, and absolutely nothing on content. And what little is mentioned of 'stretch goals' seems to be for products you can 'add on' (for money, of course). Thats kinda not the way stretch goals usually work, at least not the few kickstarters I've been part of.

So although I'll be watching this one, I personally will not be donating.

Ambitious, but I already have a gameworld that takes up all of my scant, spare time. Wonder if Radoc will be mentioned after his departure from the Realms?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2017 :  13:20:28  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Honestly.... I'm not recalling Frank Mentzer??? There's been so many names in D&D though where I just read the products and didn't note who was writing them until later. It was only after Steven Schend and Eric L. Boyd had put out a few really good products that I really started noting their names. Elaine Cunningham was one that I noted right off the bat, but I tended to pay more attention to authors.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2017 :  17:57:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Honestly.... I'm not recalling Frank Mentzer??? There's been so many names in D&D though where I just read the products and didn't note who was writing them until later. It was only after Steven Schend and Eric L. Boyd had put out a few really good products that I really started noting their names. Elaine Cunningham was one that I noted right off the bat, but I tended to pay more attention to authors.

He was a TSR person and he founded the RPGA. He got out of gaming for a while, but is apparently back into it.

That's all I know about him, other than that I'd seen his name before. I just now took a quick glance at Wikipedia.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000