Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2015 :  00:22:03  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spent a good part of the night reading the PDF, combined with the preview chapters I had as a backer, I've still barely made my way through a third of the book. Today my physical copies arrived and I can read it in glorious paper.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2015 :  17:19:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one is not of any interest to me, but I figured some other folks might be interested in it:

Metamorphosis Alpha: Epsilon City

quote:
A 40th anniversary expansion for the world's first sci-fi RPG!

In 1976, TSR published Metamorphosis Alpha, the very first sci-fi RPG!

In 2014, Goodman Games re-released Metamorphosis Alpha in a deluxe hardcover edition!

And now, for publication in 2016, Goodman Games brings you Epsilon City, the most significant expansion to Metamorphosis Alpha since its debut 40 years ago!

Somewhere, On The Starship Warden...

On a spaceship 50 miles long that launched with more than a million colonists, Epsilon City was the single largest habitation. It was filled with entertainment centers, apartments, and offices for all the people moving about the ship during the long voyage. The city was designed to be maintained by its own artificial intelligence (A.I.) and a special series of robots able to maintain areas of the city when breakdowns happened.

Epsilon City wasn’t even half full three hundred years ago, when the interstellar radiation cloud destroyed the people of the ship and turned 99% of them into piles of white ash. The city was wiped out. Now, three hundred years later things are vastly different in the city. The A.I. is insane and has an aggressive personality. The special robots have had to change or be destroyed, and have mutated much like the rest of the life on the ship. Wolfoid packs now inhabit many sections of the city and consider this metropolis their lair. And many more dangers lurk, hidden and waiting to be explored...

A Book 40 Years In The Making

2016 marks the 40th anniversary of Metamorphosis Alpha! In honor of this milestone, creator James M. Ward has authorized Goodman Games to publish Metamorphosis Alpha: Epsilon City. This huge expansion for the starship Warden is the biggest expansion for the original 1976 edition ever published!

Format: Epsilon City will be published as a deluxe hardcover. And, if we achieve enough stretch goals, this will be expanded into a boxed set!

The hardcover will utilize a traditional 8.5”x11” page size, and use a unique hidden spiral binding. This special format is uncommon in game publications and allows the book’s pages to lie flat even when completely opened. This makes the book extremely useful as a tabletop play aid.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2015 :  21:08:36  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zodiac Empires: a Pathfinder & DnD 5e RPG Fantasy Setting
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zodiacempires/zodiacempires-a-pathfinder-and-dandd-5e-rpg-fantas

Some of the stand-out parts (to me) of their intro blurb:
"The realm of Vathis is a world in an age of early industrialization where the line between magic and technology is obscure at best, and oftentimes indistinguishable. Rich in history and lore, adventurers roam lands dotted with sprawling empires, devious hidden cults, and ruins shrouded in darkness. While revered heroes march headlong into battle, recently reawakened dragons take flight, transforming both land and sky into battlegrounds. Gritty realism and high fantasy come together in Zodiac Empires, a world built on the memory of great wars, political intrigue, and imperialism.

Notable moments in real-world history, such as the Age of Sail, Prohibition Era Organized Crime, and both World Wars, as well as media sources such as the novels in the ASoIaF series and video games such as Dishonored, have all left their mark on the setting. Expect to experience fierce nationalism, streets filled with pulp action, scenes of noir intrigue, evils lurking in the dark, and corruption both political and physical as you travel between nations."

It reminds me a bit of Eberron, but even from the previews feels a bit more 'organic' in its growth (less design by "rules of cool") and I'm intrigued by its embrace of the pulp and early industrial inspirations. Perhaps this will be the spiritual successor to Eberron for Pathfinder and other rules sets (and even 5E, doesn't seem like we'll get an Realms campaign book, let alone an Eberron one, any time soon).
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2015 :  22:06:12  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like ideas borrowed from MANY settings - Weird West (Deadlands), Cthulhu by Candlelight, Space: 1889, Full Metal Alchemist, Girl Genius, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, D&D's own Gothic Earth, etc, etc. Steampunk/Noir with a grimdark vibe.

Sounds right up my ally.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Aug 2015 22:06:53
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2015 :  18:56:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The guys behind the earlier fantasy coins Kickstarter are back, with something to so those coins -- or something else -- in.

Fantasy Treasure Chest

quote:

We are making a Fantasy themed Treasure Chest to hold coins, cards, dice, meeple, or any other valuables. The final version is complete and the manufacturer is ready to begin production. All we need now is your help to bring this epic fantasy item to life!

Quality

We built this chest to last! The solid catalpa wood construction is ˝” (1.3cm) thick, nailed together and surrounded by galvanized (painted or bare) iron brackets. This ensures that the chest will be able to hold a very heavy load and will not be easily broken into.

Lock

The embedded skeleton key lock provides higher security than most “treasure chests” while keeping the feel of the fantasy world intact. It is even possible to pick the lock if your skill level is high enough, giving you RP options; however, 3 styles of keys are provided.

Interior

The inside is lined with felt in case you want to place valuables that can be easily scratched inside. The lining is optional in case you like a bare look.

Security

The screws that hold down the lid hinge are on the inside of the chest, adding an additional layer of security. Please be aware that someone could just walk away with the chest in hand; however, if you load it down with heavy items like coins, it would be more difficult to do so. :)

Size

Standing just under 8” tall, this chest is huge and heavy. The approximate weight is 5kgs when empty! When selecting a treasure box, you don’t want something that feels like it will fall apart in your hands, you want heft! The storage capacity is sufficient to hold up to 2,000 coins or any other combination of gaming components. There is even room for inserts!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 25 Aug 2015 18:57:34
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2015 :  17:46:25  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a sequel to one of the best games last year, Divinity: Original Sin

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2015 :  17:29:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another that is not of interest to myself, but will likely be of interest to others. I can say that Kobold Press has put out some really good stuff.

The only reason I'm not interested in this one is because I don't play 5E.

Tome of Beasts: 300+ New Monsters for 5th Edition

quote:

Hundreds of monsters for your 5th Edition game! A whole manual of new demons, dragons, undead, and other horrors, plus their lairs.

The Tome of Beasts brings more than 300 new monsters to your 5e game—everything from tiny drakes and peculiar spiders to ancient dragons, arch-devils, and demon lords. The Tome of Beasts covers a huge gamut of challenges, from basic vermin to world-shaking personification of malevolence, and everything in between!

This richly-illustrated, highly useful supplement for any 5th Edition game compiles monsters from the entire history of Kobold Press monster design, including longtime favorites such as our clockwork creatures, drakes and dragons, devils and arch-devils, and the various dangerous flavours of the fey. It includes the winners and some of the finalists of the Monarch of the Monsters contest, and it is illustrated by some of the finest artists working in fantasy today.

Go to Top of Page

JuliaViolin
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2015 :  18:46:04  Show Profile  Visit JuliaViolin's Homepage Send JuliaViolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear friends,

I am a violinist and composer, and a huge fan of Skyrim, and I am currently running a Kickstarter campaign to release an original symphony inspired by Skyrim, combining the traditional musical language and techniques with fantasy elements, themes, and sounds. The power and missions of Dragonborn became my inspiration for this work, Symphony No.1 in D minor "Dragonborn". The symphony is in 4 movements, each featuring different atmosphere and characters, that are united through motives, rhythms, and themes to create a symphonic portrait of Dragonborn and the external and internal realities of being immersed in the world of fantasy.

I started a Kickstarter project to record, produce, and release the symphony this December - as a CD and digital download featuring live and synthetic instruments. This is the first composition of such complexity and scale I have ever written, and your support means the world to me. I would appreciate enormously any advice or help spreading the word about this project you might have! Please visit the project at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/okrusko/fantasy-symphony-no1-dragonborn-album-release to learn more, and THANK YOU so much for your support!

Julia
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2015 :  21:03:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'm not enthusiastic about the price, but how could I not love the idea of dice that roll themselves?

Boogie Dice - Self rolling, sound activated gaming dice!

quote:
Boogie Dice are the world’s first self-rolling, sound activated, programmable, gaming dice. Clap your hands, snap yours fingers or bang the table, and they will start to Boogie:

100% smile guarantee: having the dice magically roll on your command makes everyone who sees it smile, and that's what we're here for!

Designed to be a universal gaming accessory, Boogie Dice can replace any standard ‘static’ dice in any and all of your favorite games. But Boogie Dice are jam-packed with unique features and abilities that transform them from simple dice into the coolest gaming accessory.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 09 Oct 2015 21:03:51
Go to Top of Page

quozl
Acolyte

Ireland
1 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2015 :  19:45:02  Show Profile Send quozl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Frog God Games are doing a kickstarter for their Borderland Provinces sandbox campaign, plus a book of adventures set in the Borderland.
It's already almost funded with 3 weeks to go https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/froggodgames/the-lost-lands-borderland-provinces/
They're doing it for 5e, Pathfinder and Swords and Wizardry. I'm mostly interested in the 5e version as they're using that to test if there's enough interest for them to produce their other stuff for 5e, and I want their other mega-sandboxes converted to 5e!
If you don't know FGG, they're old-school style adventures and they're probably best known for mega-sandboxes like Slumbering Tsar or Sword of Air (both of which I have for the Pathfinder rule-set), or the mega dungeon Rappan Athuk.
They remind me of the modules I used to read as a kid - like Isle of Dread, and I'm planning on butchering a brave group of players in Slumbering Tsar when my current Rise of the Runelords campaign ends.

They're giving away a free adventure module as part of the kickstarter as a taster, I guess.
https://www.froggodgames.com/rogues-remballo
Endzeitgest reviewed it and gave it 5/5 and his seal of approval - http://endzeitgeist.com/rogues-remballo/ Which is pretty good! I downloaded it but I haven't read it yet. I'm hoping that someone else will GM it so I don't want to know the plot, especially as it's an investigation, I believe.
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  07:21:34  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boogie dice! Wow….now that's different! And I thought that dice innovation stopped with my 100-sided die. LOL

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2015 :  22:35:42  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one is funded on Friday morning, so if you want in you'll have to click quickly.

Books that are actually boxes, made of wood and leather, cool-looking. Carry your dice or cards & tokens in style!

It's an enthusiastically-overfunded kickstarter.

They also have awesome hexagonal dice boxes at their website: Elderwood Academy
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2015 :  22:40:03  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

This one is funded on Friday morning, so if you want in you'll have to click quickly.

Books that are actually boxes, made of wood and leather, cool-looking. Carry your dice or cards & tokens in style!

It's an enthusiastically-overfunded kickstarter.

They also have awesome hexagonal dice boxes at their website: Elderwood Academy

I'll second their dice boxes. My wife and I got one each at GenCon. They're very nice quality, and the lids have very strong magnets.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2015 :  23:27:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to get one of those, but the price is just too steep for me.

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2015 :  23:35:39  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with ya, Wooly... very cool, but too pricey for me. But I might hide a few bucks from myself here and there, and get one of the dice boxes.

Thanks for the info Delwa. I was actually wondering about the quality and the magnets. Good to know. Which wood(s) did you get?
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2015 :  03:40:01  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm with ya, Wooly... very cool, but too pricey for me. But I might hide a few bucks from myself here and there, and get one of the dice boxes.

Thanks for the info Delwa. I was actually wondering about the quality and the magnets. Good to know. Which wood(s) did you get?

My wife got the Birdseye Maple, Open box style and I got the Mahogany with honeycomb design. Both are nice, solid boxes and to my untrained eye look to be cut from a single piece of wood. No seams that I can tell between the honeycomb and the sides of the box. I've carried mine in my messenger bag to and from work, and it has held up with no issues. The magnets are strong enough that I actually have to try to open the box. I can hold it and shake it fairly rigorously and the lid won't budge.
The only "negative" thing I'll say is that the honeycomb design barely fits the dice I got to go with it. Everything but the d20 can just drop in, but the d20 has to be put in just so or the lid won't close. The open style box my wife got has a foam honeycomb that lifts out, so she doesn't have that problem at all.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2015 :  08:23:34  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh, I was leaning toward the honeycomb, but it sounds like maybe open+foam is a better bet. Very cool either way. Thanks for the info! And nice wood choices!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  17:51:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Hey, look! Another Kickstarter for Larry Elmore artwork! The Complete Elmore Volume II: Black & White

quote:
The Long-Awaited Sister Book is Here!

My first Kickstarter, the Complete Elmore full-color art book, was a huge success! I am very happy with how that book turned out, and have heard from many very happy backers about its quality. Now, I want to make available, through this project, the sister book to that one.

I have found more than 600 drawings I’d like to include in this book, from rough sketches to finished drawings. Some are pencil, some are ink, and some are a combination. These span my full 40 year career, from my TSR days through last week! Some are sketches and drawings used as the basis for some of my more famous paintings, but many you've probably never seen before.

This book, being the sister book to that first one, will be the same 9" x 12" size and encompass 256 pages. Depending on your pledge amount, you can own this book as a standard coffee-table hardback edition, or a deluxe leather-bound limited edition; as well as other bonuses, such as special prints, a Complete Elmore slipcase for both books, or even the original drawing used for the cover itself.

The Kickstarter has more than a month to go... But it's already funded.

I'd love to get the hardback and the slipcase for both books... But damn, I can't justify spending $50 on a fancy box.

I got this book and the prints the other day... Sadly, I've been too busy, the last few days, to take the time to actually look at the book.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  17:55:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm supporting a couple of new Kickstarters this week... One is the Exploding Kittens one that has, pardon the pun, blown up so spectacularly. No link on that one; it doesn't fit the rules of this discussion.

AKO Dice, though... I'm a bit of a dice geek, like many gamers, and this is going to be the fifth dice based Kickstarter for me. These dice are pretty freaking nifty looking.

quote:
The use of dice has been recorded to ancient times. The oldest known dice were excavated as part of a 5000-year-old backgammon set at the Burnt City, an archaeological site in south-eastern Iran. Dice collecting began with the popularity of the Dungeon & Dragons series of board/role playing games. Since it's inception, players have grown attached to and have collected a wide variety of dice. This started a trend in unique dice designs incorporating various aspects of the gaming world and tapping into themes such as space, fantasy, and more.

For the newest design, I have taken the traditional dice and turned it on it's head. I am using a simple idea, yet complex design concept. The new design is inspired by new age concepts, and has a sleek, space-age, cutting-edge technology style. AKO DICE takes the traditional dice design and improves upon it for a trendy, one of a kind design perfect for all gamers as well as collectors.

So I have those AKO dice, and they are pretty nifty... I even sprung the extra few bucks for a glow-in-the-dark pair that sits on my desk at work.

And they're back with another Kickstarter. As nifty as the AKO dice were, I think these will have greater appeal:

AKO DICE II

quote:
AKO DICE II are a brand-new series of completely redesigned custom metal dice that will enhance your game play once again. Our new set of dice features a cool, sleek design with a completely resigned configuration of pips to give it a new look. The new AKO DICE II design changes the way dice roll, are nearly perfect balanced, and allow an almost completely equal chance on every roll, and no favored sides! With an extra rounded corner to compliment the flat die faces, this die allows a great roll, and a guaranteed stop when used in game play. We did lot of testing and have found that the dice roll great on both hard and soft surfaces, allowing you to take your gaming experience almost anywhere!

They're basically spherical D6s with flat faces and rearranged pips. Thinks I they look pretty nifty.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 24 Nov 2015 17:56:30
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  22:20:35  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those look awesome. Too bad it's only d6s. I'm a fan of every other kind of dice.

But they're tempting. I don't have any metal dice, and I want some.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  23:09:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Those look awesome. Too bad it's only d6s. I'm a fan of every other kind of dice.

But they're tempting. I don't have any metal dice, and I want some.

Pretty sure Q-Workshop or Chessex have some metal polyhedrals.

I was in a Kickstarter for a nice set of metal polyhedrals, but I decided I couldn't justify the cost and cancelled the pledge. And I did a prior Kickstarter for metal polyhedrals, but I'm afraid to use them -- they are full-on geometrics, without rounded corners, and I'm afraid they'll either gouge up the table or gouge any other dice in close proximity. The points are freaking sharp -- you step on that D4, you're not just going to be cursing, you're going to be leaving bloody footprints as you head into the Emergency Room.

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  23:21:52  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

they are full-on geometrics, without rounded corners.

Epic fail! Bummer.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2016 :  16:46:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just sold those pointy metal polyhedrals for $40. I was happy to be rid of dice I couldn't use, and the buyer was happy to have some metal polyhedrals.

I also recently discovered that you can get customized Crown Royal backs direct from Crown Royal. I've seen a meme on Facebook that shows a Crown Royal bottle and says "Sells velvety dice bags -- free whiskey with every purchase." I'm not much of a drinker, so being able to get just the bag -- and do it for a reasonable price -- is a nice option.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2016 :  16:51:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So the fantasy coin people are back...

Fantasy Coin: Dragons, Orcs, and Dwarves

quote:
We are back with 10 new coin sets by popular demand, all delivered before March! This year, we keep it simple to keep it fast!

Noteworthy Changes

1. Improved production time.

2. USA packed and inspected.

3. For every 5 sets, get 1 x 10 Pack of random Fantasy Coins.

4. Complete Sets designed by Backers! (voting every week)

5. Watch our progress "live" through weekly production reports.

6. This project will use a 3rd party Pledge Manager.

About Our Sets

30 coins per set unless stated otherwise. A Mixed Set has 10 Gold, 10 Silver, and 10 Copper of the named theme. A Single Type Set such as a Gold Set has 30 of the same coin style and color. Denominated coins of the same color will have an even mix of values.

Our coins are hand brushed to achieve the antique look you see. Slight variation in wear will occur among the same coin as you would see in real aged coins.

I got several of the sets they did in the last go, including the Waterdeep-esque "Water Helm" set, and they are some nice, heavy coins.

I'm doing this one, and in particular, I'm liking the Draco and Moon Elf sets. The Ancestral Dwarven set is nifty, too, but I liked the Dwarf set from last year's KS a lot more.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2016 :  16:54:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FYI, here's the URL from last year's Kickstarter, offered just to give folks an idea of the kind of work these guys do:

Fantasy Coins and Bars

I got like 4 sets of those, and some of the bars.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 03 Jun 2016 16:57:47
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2016 :  19:33:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So the previous fantasy coins Kickstarter failed; 50K was apparently a bit too ambitious.

So they're trying again. And with more than 30 days to go, they're already in sight of their more modest goal.

Fantasy Coin: Legacy Gaming Coins

I supported their first Kickstarter, and the coins are awesome -- I've actually got one on my desk at work (along with half of a toy store) and another of the coins in my pocket. I'd tried, a couple of times previously, to find decent fantasy coins, but the ones these guys do are quite pretty.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2016 :  20:20:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So the previous fantasy coins Kickstarter failed; 50K was apparently a bit too ambitious.

So they're trying again. And with more than 30 days to go, they're already in sight of their more modest goal.

Fantasy Coin: Legacy Gaming Coins

I supported their first Kickstarter, and the coins are awesome -- I've actually got one on my desk at work (along with half of a toy store) and another of the coins in my pocket. I'd tried, a couple of times previously, to find decent fantasy coins, but the ones these guys do are quite pretty.

darn, I recently bought a bunch of coins from them, hoping to make something to display on the wall like a coin collections. The trade bars they made are also very pretty.

Hmmm, I like that moon elf coin set though, and the water helm set, and the orc set is nice too... could probably buy the splendid set for the gem collection too.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 01 Aug 2016 20:56:37
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  13:22:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't play 5E, but this one looks promising:

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde! New 5E Monsters!

quote:
Add depth to your 5th Edition monsters with cultural details, combat tactics, a huge variety of new stat blocks, and much more!

UNLEASH THE HORDE! Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde is not another A-Z of monsters. Instead, we have focused on some of the commonly encountered monstrous races like goblins, gnolls, and orcs, detailing their cultures, environments, and attitudes, as well as introducing a wide variety of stat blocks to suit a range of challenge levels, each with their own unique artwork.

Only 6 days left on this one. I'm considering supporting it, myself, though this is already a pricy week for Kickstarter for me.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2016 :  15:54:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't play 5E, but this one looks promising:

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde! New 5E Monsters!

quote:
Add depth to your 5th Edition monsters with cultural details, combat tactics, a huge variety of new stat blocks, and much more!

UNLEASH THE HORDE! Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde is not another A-Z of monsters. Instead, we have focused on some of the commonly encountered monstrous races like goblins, gnolls, and orcs, detailing their cultures, environments, and attitudes, as well as introducing a wide variety of stat blocks to suit a range of challenge levels, each with their own unique artwork.

Only 6 days left on this one. I'm considering supporting it, myself, though this is already a pricy week for Kickstarter for me.

So I was originally going to support this Kickstarter, even though it was for 5E... But then they said they were going to do a new one, as soon as the first ended, for Pathfinder. So I decided to hold off and support that one, instead. Here's it's link. It's the same as the 5E one, with the same stretch goals and all, only it's for Pathfinder, instead.

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde for Pathfinder!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2016 :  14:11:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooo! I backed the 5e version... but now I'm thinking the PATHFINDER option might also be worth a look as well.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000