Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  15:31:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

The Southlands Kickstarter has gained a lot of steam, and a lot of stretch goals and add-ons. I've upped my own pledge twice, now!

55 hours left on that one.

13 hours left, and 934 backers... I really want the stretch goals for 1001 backers, so let's jump aboard, folks!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2014 :  00:39:44  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huzzah! 4 hours left, and 1001 supporters reached! I'm stoked about getting those stretch goal goodies.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 18 Oct 2014 00:40:34
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2014 :  05:44:10  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Southlands ended even better than I had hoped, $97728 total with 1044 backers. It reached all the backer number stretch goals and most of the funding stretch goals.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2014 :  15:11:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was kinda hoping to get that $101,000 stretch goal, but I'm happy with the stretch goals we go.

I actually more than doubled my original pledge, to get more of the goals and such.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  00:44:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is pretty nifty... But the one I want is out of my price range.

The Dice Chest

quote:
The perfect dice box for tabletop and RPG gamers, finely crafted in a variety of wood with customizable features. Holds 96 dice!

The Dice Chest is a hybrid dice case and rolling tray for tabletop gamers. The lid doubles as a rolling screen for GMs and players who prefer to hide their rolls. Each case is made from wood that is hand selected for it's beauty and strength. Cases are built in our on-site woodshop to our exacting standards.

With a footprint of 9.5" by 5.75" (241mm x 146mm) the Dice Chest holds 96 standard d6 dice, has ample room for pencils, cards, and gaming supplies.

Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2014 :  04:55:38  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't believe I missed pledging to the Chill kickstarter by 11 minutes. Towards the end they met a stretch goal for a limited edition boxed set. I'm a sucker for those things, unfortunately for my wallet. Maybe I'll pick up the hardcover down the line.

Next on the maybe horizon for me is Vampires Dark Ages (Deluxe V20 edition). I haven't delved into those games as much as others, but I encountered V:DA on my first brush with RPGs (in fact the first RPG book I read) and found the lore particularly juicy with the pseudo-historical setting. This may be a nostalgia buy.

An update on the Midgard Southlands project, a total of 130 monsters submitted by backers are being relayed to the monster wrangler team who will decide which creatures gain entry into the Southlands Bestiary. This is well more than the 100+ entries Wolfgang preferred in order to have a good selection for inclusion into the bestiary. To think about a week ago the design team had a contingency plan for if the submissions fell short of the available slots. The Southlands Bestiary is shaping up.

Edited by - Dark Wizard on 01 Nov 2014 04:56:32
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2014 :  23:29:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's also THIS - a Kickstarter for an artist who is doing the races for the World of Ark. Any donation would be appreciated.

I am very surprised Dalor didn't post this here.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2014 :  00:05:37  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

There's also THIS - a Kickstarter for an artist who is doing the races for the World of Ark. Any donation would be appreciated.

I am very surprised Dalor didn't post this here.

I forgot!

On THAT note however, there is also THIS - a Kickstarter for Ravenlore Press that will feature a foreword and short story by Ed Greenwood, a short story by Erik Scott de Bie...and more in the works (such as a novel by Richard L. Byers)!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2015 :  05:24:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one really isn't my bag... I got one of the Grimtooth books, back in the day, and found it quite underwhelming.

Still, I know the Grimtooth's Traps series was enjoyed by many, so I am sharing this one.

Less than two weeks left, but they've already blown way past their goal.

Grimtooth's Ultimate Traps Collection

quote:
This is what the humans at Goodman Games say you need to know about this Kickstarter event:

Published by Goodman Games under license from Flying Buffalo (and with my permission), this 460-page hardcover collects of all five of MY Traps books, including the original eponymous 1981 edition as well as Traps Too, Traps Fore, Traps Ate, and Traps Lite. Every trap from the original five Grimtooth’s books is included – there are no exclusions!
This massive tome is systems-neutral, containing more than 500 traps suitable for all fantasy systems and games. You have never had so many trap options before – use them well…
My book will be available to you mortals in multiple formats: a basic softcover for table play, a durable hardcover for longer shelf life, and a gold foil edition for the serious collector (available in both faux and real leather, and with a slipcase).
The book is also available in PDF edition. All print backers will also receive a copy of the PDF edition.
Face it – this is a homage to a VERY important piece of gaming history. (Mine!) The book features a foreword by noted dungeon designer Harley Stroh, and also includes an extensive interview with the original creative team, a cover gallery showcasing 30 years of editions (in both English and many foreign languages), and a look behind the mysterious submission process – including my legendary “Grimtooth’s Submissions Box” that sits majestically on a shelf in the Flying Buffalo offices.
And I have created more than a dozen new traps specifically for this volume. For the first time in a decade, the Grimtooth’s submissions box has been cracked opened again, and more great entries have poured out to an unsuspecting world!
Plus the humans at Goodman Games are giving you the possibility of several exciting stretch goals to make this epic project even more impressive: printed endsheets, a satin ribbon bookmark, the cover gallery in full color, a custom dust jacket for KS backers, and a gatefold page featuring the Grimtooth board game that was first mentioned more than 20 years ago!
And if you’re really lucky we might do a cross-over with the Dungeon Crawl Classics line, allowing me (Grimtooth) to make an appearance in a special DCC module produced just for this Kickstarter!
And to wrap it all up, primary Grimtooth illustrator Steve Crompton has dug through his archives to find original art from the earliest books. This original art is available as part of the deluxe book pledge levels!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2015 :  03:20:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm supporting a couple of new Kickstarters this week... One is the Exploding Kittens one that has, pardon the pun, blown up so spectacularly. No link on that one; it doesn't fit the rules of this discussion.

AKO Dice, though... I'm a bit of a dice geek, like many gamers, and this is going to be the fifth dice based Kickstarter for me. These dice are pretty freaking nifty looking.

quote:
The use of dice has been recorded to ancient times. The oldest known dice were excavated as part of a 5000-year-old backgammon set at the Burnt City, an archaeological site in south-eastern Iran. Dice collecting began with the popularity of the Dungeon & Dragons series of board/role playing games. Since it's inception, players have grown attached to and have collected a wide variety of dice. This started a trend in unique dice designs incorporating various aspects of the gaming world and tapping into themes such as space, fantasy, and more.

For the newest design, I have taken the traditional dice and turned it on it's head. I am using a simple idea, yet complex design concept. The new design is inspired by new age concepts, and has a sleek, space-age, cutting-edge technology style. AKO DICE takes the traditional dice design and improves upon it for a trendy, one of a kind design perfect for all gamers as well as collectors.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2015 :  17:52:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm supporting a couple of new Kickstarters this week... One is the Exploding Kittens one that has, pardon the pun, blown up so spectacularly. No link on that one; it doesn't fit the rules of this discussion.

AKO Dice, though... I'm a bit of a dice geek, like many gamers, and this is going to be the fifth dice based Kickstarter for me. These dice are pretty freaking nifty looking.

Hmmm, the anodize black ones look interesting, but the price is a bit much for a pair of six siders to me. The only dice one I got involved with was one where they were making d14's, d16's, d18's, etc... and I gotta admit that the d14's and d18's were too close to differentiate them from d12's and d20's. The d16 was an easily identifiable beast though, and I'd probably use it to replace instances where "upgrading" weapon size from a d12 becomes 2d8.

quote:
The use of dice has been recorded to ancient times. The oldest known dice were excavated as part of a 5000-year-old backgammon set at the Burnt City, an archaeological site in south-eastern Iran. Dice collecting began with the popularity of the Dungeon & Dragons series of board/role playing games. Since it's inception, players have grown attached to and have collected a wide variety of dice. This started a trend in unique dice designs incorporating various aspects of the gaming world and tapping into themes such as space, fantasy, and more.

For the newest design, I have taken the traditional dice and turned it on it's head. I am using a simple idea, yet complex design concept. The new design is inspired by new age concepts, and has a sleek, space-age, cutting-edge technology style. AKO DICE takes the traditional dice design and improves upon it for a trendy, one of a kind design perfect for all gamers as well as collectors.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  16:10:22  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a really cheap kickstarter with a decent little reward. Basically, all it is is bookmarks with nice artwork on them, but at the top it says things like "spell" or "race" or "class" or "item" or "feat" or other stuff... so that if you wanted to take a rulebook and mark the section in that book that is where the feat information is, you could just stick a marker in there and leave it. For $14 + $6 shipping you'll get up to 75 bookmarks. For $25 + presumably still $6 shipping, you can get up to 195 bookmarks (if you have a lot of books, or if you just figure for a few bucks more you can make gifts to your players). You can go even cheaper ($8 is the cheapest buy-in). For the relatively small buy-in cost, its not too bad

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nordgames/fantasy-rpg-bookmarks-for-players-and-game-masters?ref=hero_thanks

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2015 :  17:51:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

This is a really cheap kickstarter with a decent little reward. Basically, all it is is bookmarks with nice artwork on them, but at the top it says things like "spell" or "race" or "class" or "item" or "feat" or other stuff... so that if you wanted to take a rulebook and mark the section in that book that is where the feat information is, you could just stick a marker in there and leave it. For $14 + $6 shipping you'll get up to 75 bookmarks. For $25 + presumably still $6 shipping, you can get up to 195 bookmarks (if you have a lot of books, or if you just figure for a few bucks more you can make gifts to your players). You can go even cheaper ($8 is the cheapest buy-in). For the relatively small buy-in cost, its not too bad

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nordgames/fantasy-rpg-bookmarks-for-players-and-game-masters?ref=hero_thanks

I looked at those... But in my opinion, they are pricy for just bookmarks. I could accomplish the same end goal by spending a couple of bucks on those sticky tabs that you can write on. Not as aesthetically pleasing, certainly, but much, much cheaper.

I'm picky about my fantasy artwork, too. I'm not saying this artwork is bad, but having grown up on Elmore, Caldwell, Parkinson, and Easley, I am not easy to please, in this category.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 18 Apr 2015 22:33:18
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2015 :  23:55:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These look pretty dang nifty. I think I'm going to get some just to have them.

Fantasy Coins and Bars

quote:
We are excited to be bringing you 10 new coin sets for 2015! Like last year, they will be made in the same high quality but most will be THICKER (when appropriate)! We have made many improvements to our processes which will allow for faster production and fewer misprints so hang on to those rare coins if you have them!

New Thicker Coins

Many of our new designs will be 3mm thick which will provide for more heft and a better feel. Sound is also important so if a coin is circle and 30mm in diameter, it will be 2.5mm thick since anything thicker would begin to sound dull.

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2015 :  16:55:14  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fantasy Coins and Bars

quote:
We are excited to be bringing you 10 new coin sets for 2015! Like last year, they will be made in the same high quality but most will be THICKER (when appropriate)! We have made many improvements to our processes which will allow for faster production and fewer misprints so hang on to those rare coins if you have them!

New Thicker Coins

Many of our new designs will be 3mm thick which will provide for more heft and a better feel. Sound is also important so if a coin is circle and 30mm in diameter, it will be 2.5mm thick since anything thicker would begin to sound dull.

One of my PC's got me a set of the elven and dwarven coins for my birthday. They are pretty sweet. They have a good heft to them, as advertised, and are pretty durable. I've been carrying two of them in my pocket for work, spinning them on counter surfaces when work gets slow, and the finish hasn't tarnished too badly.
My only minor, and I stress minor complaint is that the silver and gold pieces don't sound that different when dropped.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2015 :  14:26:21  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fantasy Coins and Bars

quote:

New Thicker Coins

WOW, these ARE pretty

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2015 :  15:34:43  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Fantasy Coins and Bars

quote:

New Thicker Coins

WOW, these ARE pretty

And here's the real selling point (for me, at least.) The Water Helm set they have this time around bears a strong resemblance to the toal and harbor moon coins made for the Lords of Waterdeep boargame. They aren't exact replicas, but close enough for visual aid purposes.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2015 :  17:01:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up. While I don't have the real LoW game yet, I plan to get it. Those coins will come in handy. Have pledged accordingly.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2015 :  17:08:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

quote:

quote:

Fantasy Coins and Bars

quote:

New Thicker Coins

WOW, these ARE pretty

And here's the real selling point (for me, at least.) The Water Helm set they have this time around bears a strong resemblance to the toal and harbor moon coins made for the Lords of Waterdeep boargame. They aren't exact replicas, but close enough for visual aid purposes.

I had the same thought!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2015 :  22:37:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, look! Another Kickstarter for Larry Elmore artwork! The Complete Elmore Volume II: Black & White

quote:
The Long-Awaited Sister Book is Here!

My first Kickstarter, the Complete Elmore full-color art book, was a huge success! I am very happy with how that book turned out, and have heard from many very happy backers about its quality. Now, I want to make available, through this project, the sister book to that one.

I have found more than 600 drawings I’d like to include in this book, from rough sketches to finished drawings. Some are pencil, some are ink, and some are a combination. These span my full 40 year career, from my TSR days through last week! Some are sketches and drawings used as the basis for some of my more famous paintings, but many you've probably never seen before.

This book, being the sister book to that first one, will be the same 9" x 12" size and encompass 256 pages. Depending on your pledge amount, you can own this book as a standard coffee-table hardback edition, or a deluxe leather-bound limited edition; as well as other bonuses, such as special prints, a Complete Elmore slipcase for both books, or even the original drawing used for the cover itself.

The Kickstarter has more than a month to go... But it's already funded.

I'd love to get the hardback and the slipcase for both books... But damn, I can't justify spending $50 on a fancy box.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2015 :  04:03:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey, look! Another Kickstarter for Larry Elmore artwork! The Complete Elmore Volume II: Black & White

quote:
The Long-Awaited Sister Book is Here!

My first Kickstarter, the Complete Elmore full-color art book, was a huge success! I am very happy with how that book turned out, and have heard from many very happy backers about its quality. Now, I want to make available, through this project, the sister book to that one.

I have found more than 600 drawings I’d like to include in this book, from rough sketches to finished drawings. Some are pencil, some are ink, and some are a combination. These span my full 40 year career, from my TSR days through last week! Some are sketches and drawings used as the basis for some of my more famous paintings, but many you've probably never seen before.

This book, being the sister book to that first one, will be the same 9" x 12" size and encompass 256 pages. Depending on your pledge amount, you can own this book as a standard coffee-table hardback edition, or a deluxe leather-bound limited edition; as well as other bonuses, such as special prints, a Complete Elmore slipcase for both books, or even the original drawing used for the cover itself.

The Kickstarter has more than a month to go... But it's already funded.

I'd love to get the hardback and the slipcase for both books... But damn, I can't justify spending $50 on a fancy box.

I just backed this one... plus I gave myself a late birthday present by selecting the reward that also gifts the original colour book as well. Since I missed out on the last time Elmore offered his earlier book.

It's expensive, I know, but it's Elmore!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  18:34:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not much time left on this Kickstarter!

quote:

Fantasy Coins and Bars

quote:

New Thicker Coins

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2015 :  16:36:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one looks interesting to me...

In The Company of Dragons (Pathfinder Roleplaying Game)

quote:
You know you want to play a Dragon!

Not a half-dragon, not a reptilian humanoid, but a DRAGON!

Come and find out if those who meddle in your affairs are crunchy and good with ketchup. Level up as a dragon and grow to the size of a house, breath fire (or other energy types), struggle for territory, win prestige amongst dragons, slay giants, rule the sky, and embrace your true draconic essence right alongside all the other player characters. Create the dragon you want to play in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

This revised compilation product includes the new dragon race the Taninim, racial traits, alternate racial traits, the core class archetype (which works with 31 different classes), the paragon racial class, and draconic feats, all so you can play dragons alongside any other player character in any high fantasy campaign setting.

This revised and expanded version also includes information on the Campaign Setting known as The Lost Isles; Veiled from the material plane by an inscrutable barrier, few mysteries of this draconic paradise have been revealed to mortals until now. Learn more about this modular setting,its history, society, draconic rituals and rites, dragons of note, draconic magic items, and its expanded draconic archetypes.

Come join us today as a backer, and play a dragon!

I've gotten some of their other "In the Company of" books, and I liked them.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 21 May 2015 16:36:58
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2015 :  03:07:52  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-3-the-search-for-mr-bones

Reaper Miniatures bones #3 just started 2 days ago. Already almost up to a million dollars. Taking my first look myself, but figured I'd post to get the word out.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2015 :  17:51:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Because I did the Deep Magic Kickstarter, I got pinged on this one, which I immediately decided to jump on. It looks like it could be readily used for anyone wanted to do the Old Empires of the Realms.

Southlands: New Fantasy Options for Pathfinder RPG

quote:
Adventure beneath the pitiless sun! New monsters, new magic, and realms inspired by the Arabian Nights, Egypt, & pulp adventure tales!

Lost empires! Cursed tombs! Dinosaurs and djinn! A Pathfinder RPG compatible sourcebook for adventures in the deserts and deep jungle.

Nothing says adventure quite like lost cities, tombs buried deep beneath the desert sands, and pirate ships sailing along a serpent-infested jungle coast. And nothing makes fantasy heroics quite as great as the graves of lost gods, mighty viziers commanding the charge of camel-riding cavalry, and enormous elemental lords trampling entire cities into ruin.

Join Kobold Press in bringing high adventure back to the tabletop, with a full-color book of ancient hieroglyphic magic, powerful genie lords, and monsters that would give Sindbad nightmares—all compatible with Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (but relatively light on rules crunch, so it’s a great sourcebook for any fantasy RPG).

The core Southlands book currently stands at 152 pages, but it could easily reach 296 pages if the project funds and hits its stretch goals. Our recent Deep Magic project started as just 96 pages and grew to almost 400.

Come explore the ruins and plunder these rewards as a backer of the Southlands!

And another relevant blurb:

quote:
The book is built for the Midgard Campaign Setting; but its cities, lore, peculiar creatures, and characters are designed to be easily portable into any campaign with Southlands themes or regions.

So the pdf of the campaign book was released to backers yesterday; I'm reading it now.

And they've made the map available as a pdf; it's pay what you want on the DrivethruRPG site; click here. It's a poster-sized map, and it's got a lot of detail on it. A little more Africa-esque than I should prefer, but the niftiness still abounds.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 21 Jul 2015 18:29:56
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  22:37:00  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Women in Practical Armor kickstarter is underway.

Some cool rewards with this one.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  23:11:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just remembered this... At the gathering at the Ball and Biscuit last week, I mentioned a Kickstarter that I had supported a year or two back. That one is obviously not active, but the end product can still be purchased...

I give you: the Deck of Many Things.

When I got the Kickstarter deck in, I took it with me to my next gaming session, just to show it off... It got passed around the room, and everyone was obligated to announce how many cards they were going to draw from it, and then do so. It wasn't a "hey, let's do this!" thing -- one person did it, and then everyone else followed.

The donjon did not come up.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 05 Aug 2015 23:43:23
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2015 :  23:33:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and at GenCon, there was a companion adventure for the Southlands book. It's not been officially announced, yet, but they had it there. I didn't even notice it, initially, but Wolfgang Baur was at the booth, and I started talking to him about the Kickstarter, and when I mentioned how much I liked the city of Per-Bastet, he pointed out the adventure to me. The adventure, titled (IIRC) Cat & Mouse, is set in Per-Bastet.

Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2015 :  06:14:13  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that the adventure by Richard Pett?

Also, the Southlands Bestiary (PF) is out. Contains a 120 pages with over 90 monsters, and an intro by Jeff Grubb.

As is Southland Heroes for 5E games, a booklet of races, class variants, and backgrounds. (Essentially a player-oriented conversion manual for Southlands)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2015 :  12:26:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

Is that the adventure by Richard Pett?

Yup. And they've still not officially announced it... Which to me is weird. Why go ahead and sell it if it's a secret?

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

Also, the Southlands Bestiary (PF) is out. Contains a 120 pages with over 90 monsters, and an intro by Jeff Grubb.

As is Southland Heroes for 5E games, a booklet of races, class variants, and backgrounds. (Essentially a player-oriented conversion manual for Southlands)

I got my print books in the mail the other day.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000