Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2014 :  03:54:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd imagine some Realms fans will find this of interest, even though it isn't RPG-related, but I know there are some fellow coders/programmers here.

This is a cause I've long championed [and attempted to encourage at local community events and such] and also something that I would've thought I'd work-up at some future point [SageTime pending {perhaps I should release a workbook on SageTime for Kickstarter?} ]. It's a project entitled Hello Ruby, and it's a book aimed at teaching children the wonders of code and programming.

I'm backing this one.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2014 :  22:58:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one looks worthy of sharing: RAVENFELL 28mm Fantasy Village.

quote:
RAVENFELL features our exclusive FOLD-FLAT terrain system which allows you to create fully modular 28mm scale village buildings for your RPG or wargame. The buildings are comprised of separate, stackable components, which can be mixed and matched between models for even greater variety, and folded flat for easy storage. Each village set is delivered in a downloadable PDF format via our online distribution partner DriveThruRPG.com, and once you have the set you can print and build as many pieces as you like and never run out or need to purchase more. Additionally, our graphic layer options allow you to customize your building to suit your tastes. This new village set is the culmination of nine years of terrain design experience, combining the best features of our previous sets such as modular components to mix and match, 2D interior tiles (now removable and swappable for maximum versatility) and fold-flat major components, creating the ultimate fantasy village terrain series! All sets include a 1" grid, 1.5" grid, and gridless texture options.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2014 :  16:45:30  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you play Pathfinder and like having more NPCs, or any sort of RPG where you could make use of character/NPC images, check out Characters by Level and Game Avatars for Pathfinder, which looks like a potentially really cool idea if it comes to fruition.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2014 :  15:53:47  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, all.
Two Kickstarters I know Ed is interested in, the first because he's the next stretch goal, the second because he's hoping to adapt its rules so he can use it in the "home" Realms campaign...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sdsullivan/tournament-of-death-3-live-fantasy-novel

and:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12spent/zeppeldrome-a-humorous-hazardous-dirigible-rally

Enjoy, everyone...
love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 15 Feb 2014 15:54:42
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2014 :  12:07:04  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those who liked the previous dwarven forge game tiles (the one that had all the room pieces you could lay down), they're apparently coming out with a caverns edition. It already hit 3/4 million dollars and has 2381 backers (and this is the first day), so its blowing through the goals. They look to be a little more expensive than the straight wall stuff, but they also look interesting.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/dwarven-forges-caverns-dwarvenite-game-tiles-mini

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2014 :  15:28:46  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... dammit, i needed that kidney!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

ConflictPvP
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2014 :  10:14:27  Show Profile Send ConflictPvP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Over 600 system neutral ways to describe combat on a 100+ card deck

Please take a moment to check out the Combat Description Cards over on Kickstarter. We think you are going to love it...

http://kck.st/1fC2qsX
Go to Top of Page

ConflictPvP
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2014 :  11:46:32  Show Profile Send ConflictPvP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New Stretch Goal Announced: CARDS OF ILL INTENT
http://kck.st/1fC2qsX
COMBAT DESCRIPTION CARDS - Kickstarter
Over 600 system neutral ways to describe combat on a 100+ card deck.
###
Cards of Ill Intent: Sometimes a storyteller needs to describe the attacks of the bad folk, or even of player characters who aren't so good themselves. And that is where the Cards of Ill Intent joins in – a booster pack of cards that are much like the set of regular Combat Description Cards, but these cards have action words to describe all of the cold-hearted and murderous bastards out there.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2014 :  22:34:43  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only 3 days left on the Wee Beasties: Bedtime KickStarter. My 2-1/2-year-old son really enjoyed her other RPG-themed children's book, Grubbins the Goblin.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2014 :  14:21:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I decided to back another Kickstarter... Some big names, including Larry Elmore and our own Ed Greenwood, associated with this one. Some other FR alums, too, and another fave of mine, Michael Stackpole.

World of Aetaltis: The Temple of Modren

quote:
The Temple of Modren is a Pathfinder Compatible adventure set in the World of Aetaltis. It includes maps by Mike Schley, a cover and illustrations by Mitchell Malloy, and additional illustrations by the team at Universe M. Edited by veteran game designer Steven S. Long with rules edited by veteran Pathfinder® freelancer Amanda Hamon Kunz, this exciting journey into the monster infested ruins of the Deeplands provides a hands-on introduction to the World of Aetaltis. Put sword, spell, and spirit to the test as you explore this fantastic new setting.

And The Temple of Modren is just the beginning!

As stretch goals, a host of amazing authors have agreed to help bring the World of Aetaltis to life! Larry Correia, David Farland, Matt Forbeck, Ed Greenwood, Dave Gross, John Helfers, Steven S. Long, Mel Odom, Jean Rabe, Lucy A. Snyder, Michael A. Stackpole, James L. Sutter, and Elizabeth Vaughan have all agreed to support this project by writing short stories for you set in the World of Aetaltis!

And of course there’s art! We’re honored to announce that legendary fantasy artist Larry Elmore has agreed to create a new piece for the cover of one of the books offered in this Kickstarter as yet another fantastic stretch goal.

This is in addition to the incredible illustrations and covers from Mitchell Malloy as well as contributions from the talented team at Universe M.

Plus there are maps, more Pathfinder compatible books, original art pieces, one-of-a-kind hand-drawn sketchcards, and more! You have the chance to get it all when you make your pledge.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2014 :  15:10:09  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
holy cow, how can Ed support all these kickstarters? I just got the deep magic pathfinder spellbook kickstarter and he had a great little short story in it.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2014 :  19:36:27  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The man lives to write.
BB
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2014 :  22:33:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two Kickstarters of potential interest:

Iron Atlas: Digital Miniatures System for Roleplaying Games

quote:
IRON ATLAS is a "Digital Miniatures System" by Lifeform Entertainment designed for iPad and ANDROID to serve as an alternative to physical maps and miniatures for roleplaying games. What does that mean? Build RPG encounters on your tablet! Game even when don't have your regular maps and minis! Use the art and maps from the books and settings you're currently playing!

IRON ATLAS takes many of the elements that you see in traditional, PC-based Virtual Tabletop systems (VTTs) and optimizes them for use on mobile devices. We're streamlining the UI to keep it simple, elegant, and focused on the basics for combat, plus providing tons of content for you to pick and choose for YOUR game.

We're taking the social component of gaming to heart with IRON ATLAS. Let's face it, when you want to play an RPG with your friends, you want to game WITH your friends. There, in the same room. The design of IRON ATLAS focuses on this "in-person" style of play, with room to include remote connectivity for your buddies that can't make it to the session.

And Prime Swords- A New Kind of Toy Sword

quote:
Prime Swords are foam toy swords that have cool designs, are made of durable materials, and have interchangeable parts.

I'm particularly interested in the latter, though the swords are a bit pricy for my liking... They're really cool, and I like the idea, but my toddler is having a blast with a $4 foam scimitar, so I'm not sure...

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2014 :  01:05:47  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Two Kickstarters of potential interest:

Iron Atlas: Digital Miniatures System for Roleplaying Games

quote:
IRON ATLAS is a "Digital Miniatures System" by Lifeform Entertainment designed for iPad and ANDROID to serve as an alternative to physical maps and miniatures for roleplaying games. What does that mean? Build RPG encounters on your tablet! Game even when don't have your regular maps and minis! Use the art and maps from the books and settings you're currently playing!

IRON ATLAS takes many of the elements that you see in traditional, PC-based Virtual Tabletop systems (VTTs) and optimizes them for use on mobile devices. We're streamlining the UI to keep it simple, elegant, and focused on the basics for combat, plus providing tons of content for you to pick and choose for YOUR game.

We're taking the social component of gaming to heart with IRON ATLAS. Let's face it, when you want to play an RPG with your friends, you want to game WITH your friends. There, in the same room. The design of IRON ATLAS focuses on this "in-person" style of play, with room to include remote connectivity for your buddies that can't make it to the session.

And Prime Swords- A New Kind of Toy Sword

quote:
Prime Swords are foam toy swords that have cool designs, are made of durable materials, and have interchangeable parts.

I'm particularly interested in the latter, though the swords are a bit pricy for my liking... They're really cool, and I like the idea, but my toddler is having a blast with a $4 foam scimitar, so I'm not sure...

Hmmm, the iron atlas thing is nice, but the general idea he had there of using it with like something that lets your computer or phone broadcast its screen to your TV is something I hadn't really thought much of. That could really change things a bit. Your bigscreen TV being the battlemat that everyone sees while you just move folks from the laptop that's right next to you... I've got a miracast enabled phone and a netgear PUSH2TV box that I got for free (but I think they're pretty cheap), and if I get a new laptop, it'll have Intel WiDi

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2014 :  06:06:31  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the idea of using digital tech to put a battle-mat on a big screen tv that the players can look at!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2014 :  20:57:23  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed is getting busy for 5E with Necromancer Games

More here

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/necromancergames/necromancer-games-back-for-5th-edition?ref=discovery

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  20:54:58  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sean Reynolds's first Kickstarter has already reached its target: Goody White's Book of Folk Magic, a book and ebook of 29 spells based on our-world folk magic, in Pathfinder format. It could patch a few holes in the published Realms, and provide magic for figures like Eveningstar's Old Meg.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2014 :  22:01:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

Sean Reynolds's first Kickstarter has already reached its target: Goody White's Book of Folk Magic, a book and ebook of 29 spells based on our-world folk magic, in Pathfinder format. It could patch a few holes in the published Realms, and provide magic for figures like Eveningstar's Old Meg.

I'm getting in on that one. I'm a fan of magical stuff, and I'm a fan of Sean K Reynolds material (I still think Curse of the Moon is one of the best 3.x products around). So this one is a definite, for me.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2014 :  04:44:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooo! That's an impressive project. I'm backing this one.

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2014 :  21:38:39  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sean has posted a list of the remedies in the book. Some of these spells -- such as those to bless crops, ease birth, cure sickness in animals and heal a lame animal -- sound like they could well be part of the standard clerical repertoire.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2014 :  18:33:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because I did the Deep Magic Kickstarter, I got pinged on this one, which I immediately decided to jump on. It looks like it could be readily used for anyone wanted to do the Old Empires of the Realms.

Southlands: New Fantasy Options for Pathfinder RPG

quote:
Adventure beneath the pitiless sun! New monsters, new magic, and realms inspired by the Arabian Nights, Egypt, & pulp adventure tales!

Lost empires! Cursed tombs! Dinosaurs and djinn! A Pathfinder RPG compatible sourcebook for adventures in the deserts and deep jungle.

Nothing says adventure quite like lost cities, tombs buried deep beneath the desert sands, and pirate ships sailing along a serpent-infested jungle coast. And nothing makes fantasy heroics quite as great as the graves of lost gods, mighty viziers commanding the charge of camel-riding cavalry, and enormous elemental lords trampling entire cities into ruin.

Join Kobold Press in bringing high adventure back to the tabletop, with a full-color book of ancient hieroglyphic magic, powerful genie lords, and monsters that would give Sindbad nightmares—all compatible with Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (but relatively light on rules crunch, so it’s a great sourcebook for any fantasy RPG).

The core Southlands book currently stands at 152 pages, but it could easily reach 296 pages if the project funds and hits its stretch goals. Our recent Deep Magic project started as just 96 pages and grew to almost 400.

Come explore the ruins and plunder these rewards as a backer of the Southlands!

And another relevant blurb:

quote:
The book is built for the Midgard Campaign Setting; but its cities, lore, peculiar creatures, and characters are designed to be easily portable into any campaign with Southlands themes or regions.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2014 :  02:58:10  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Because I did the Deep Magic Kickstarter, I got pinged on this one, which I immediately decided to jump on. It looks like it could be readily used for anyone wanted to do the Old Empires of the Realms.

quote:
Adventure beneath the pitiless sun! New monsters, new magic, and realms inspired by the Arabian Nights, Egypt, & pulp adventure tales!

Lost empires! Cursed tombs! Dinosaurs and djinn! A Pathfinder RPG compatible sourcebook for adventures in the deserts and deep jungle.

Nothing says adventure quite like lost cities, tombs buried deep beneath the desert sands, and pirate ships sailing along a serpent-infested jungle coast. And nothing makes fantasy heroics quite as great as the graves of lost gods, mighty viziers commanding the charge of camel-riding cavalry, and enormous elemental lords trampling entire cities into ruin.

Join Kobold Press in bringing high adventure back to the tabletop, with a full-color book of ancient hieroglyphic magic, powerful genie lords, and monsters that would give Sindbad nightmares—all compatible with Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (but relatively light on rules crunch, so it’s a great sourcebook for any fantasy RPG).

The core Southlands book currently stands at 152 pages, but it could easily reach 296 pages if the project funds and hits its stretch goals. Our recent Deep Magic project started as just 96 pages and grew to almost 400.

quote:
The book is built for the Midgard Campaign Setting; but its cities, lore, peculiar creatures, and characters are designed to be easily portable into any campaign with Southlands themes or regions.

Adding my +1 for this.... deep magic was damn good... I'm impressed by Kobold Press... and Wolfgang Baur's work in Zakhara made me love the region (though sadly, I never appreciated it until AFTER it was out of print and I had the money/time to delve it).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  03:54:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Ruins? Lost empires? Cursed tombs? It's like I'm eagerly waiting for the release of Lost Empires of Faerûn all other again.

So, yeah, I'm backing this one.

Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2014 :  04:20:14  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome vibes from this one, but that's usually the case with Kobold Press material.
My loyalty to the Kobolds runs deep, as it is well earned, and I dove into this project.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2014 :  17:36:03  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An FYI: Sean Reynolds (mentioned and lauded above) has a new Kickstarter launching TODAY; it's going live in about 3 hours, so the link I have for now is his site and info on the funding drive.

http://seankreynolds.com/fivemoonsrpg/

Lots to look at and absorb as per his thoughts and comments on how he'll work with or change rules, etc. Looks to be a worthwhile project I may be backing if the budget can handle such.

Steven

Updated with direct link to the site/funding drive:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seankreynolds/five-moons-rpg-by-sean-k-reynolds

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com

Edited by - Steven Schend on 25 Sep 2014 21:09:17
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2014 :  04:43:45  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A preview PDF for the Southlands from Kobold Press is up at Paizo: Here.
The Kickstarter page is Here.

The project is 43 backers away from achieving the stretch goal of having the Bestiary as a standalone book, which necessitates more monsters, including 25 spots for backer submitted entries.

Some other interesting projects I've been keeping an eye on (your wallet and non-gaming spouse/partner will hate this list):

- Feng Shui 2: Action Movie Roleplaying Game by Robin D. Laws: This is an update of the Feng Shui system from the '90s which sought to emulate the style and pacing of Asian action cinema. They've gone through some stretch goals that expand the themes beyond Asian movie archetypes (gene freek, two-fisted archaeologist, pirate, swordsman, musketeers, looks like Kaiju Patrol 'pop-up juncture' (seems like mini-settings) is next).

- Demon Hunters RPG: A Comedy of Terrors: This is from Dead Gentlemen Productions (makers of the films The Gamers, The Gamers: Dorkness Rising, and The Gamers: Hands of Fate). Demon Hunters was an RPG inspired by supernatural and/or action TV shows like Supernatural, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and The A-Team, along with movies like Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2, Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, Ghostbusters, and James Bond. Originally published by Margaret Weis Productions, for this iteration they've decided to recruit experienced game designers and artists (such as Cam Banks and Jason Engle) to work for them instead under their own banner. The new system will be inspired by Fate.

- 13th Age in Glorantha: This kickstarter offers a 13th Age (Archmage system, a modified mix of 3E and 4E from Pelgrane Press) rendition of the venerable Glorantha setting (of RuneQuest fame, and one of the earliest and long supported game settings). This may be the first time Glorantha is presented in a d20 style system.

- The Ultimate Adequate Commoner: This is a smaller project focusing on playing the Commoner NPC class in a world full of menacing monsters and mighty heroes. Product is designed for Pathfinder and other d20 games, possibly of value for other systems as well. Perhaps with this playing really regular folk with some impact amongst the adventuring classes wouldn't be much a stretch after all.

- Chill 3rd Edition: A Horror Roleplaying Game: Chill from Pacesetter games and later Mayfair games was one of the original horror genre roleplaying games. This will be the third edition of the game, based more on the Mayfair edition with some modifications/updated rules and modern layout, design, and production values.

- Worldspinner: Fantasy RPG Worldbuilder & Map Maker: Appears to be a cartography tool and campaign setting note organizer. Not sure if there's a subscription based useage, as that would kill it for me. However, a lot of known names in gaming and game fiction are involved as stretch goals (Bill Webb, Mur Lafferty, Lisa Smedman, Wolfgang Baur, Philip Athans, John Wick, Ian Irvine, Mark Teppo, Elizabeth Bear, Matt Finch), so this project may be worth further reading.

- Hex Chests: These are hexagonal boxes made of premious woods for storing dice. They seem to be compact, have good fit & finish, and constructed of woods that look gorgeous. Standard precautions for a new company on KS applies, but the images and project layout look nice.

- Quests of Doom - Pathfinder and Swords & Wizardry Modules: A Frog God Games offering, this time Pathfinder and 5E updates for two 3E-era module sets of "themed" adventures Demons & Devils and Vampires & Liches. As the funding increases, these adventures will be joined by similarly themed adventures written by some of the most notable names in old school-style gaming, including, you guessed it, Ed Greenwood. He's not the only one, here's the full list (parentheses indicates number of individual adventures under that title):
  • (3) Demons & Devils - Bill Webb and Clark Peterson
  • (3) Vampires & Liches - Casey Christofferson and Bill Webb
  • (1) Lycanthropes - Steve Winter
  • (1) Elementals - Michael Curtis
  • (1) Lycanthropes & Elementals - Skip Williams
  • (1) Men - Jim Ward
  • (1) Monstrosities - Matt Finch
  • (1) Men & Monstrosities - Casey Christofferson
  • (1) Giants - Michael Curtis
  • (1) Dragons - Jim Ward
  • (1) Giants & Dragons - Ed Greenwood
  • (1) Bugs - Bill Webb
  • (1) Blobs - Jim Collura
  • (1) Bugs & Blobs - Matt Finch + Bill Webb
Also read the Risks and Challenges section for general hilarity and an occurrence that may very likely happen to (harmlessly) delay Ed from completing his contribution to this project.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2014 :  23:53:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

Worldspinner: Fantasy RPG Worldbuilder & Map Maker: Appears to be a cartography tool and campaign setting note organizer. Not sure if there's a subscription based useage, as that would kill it for me. However, a lot of known names in gaming and game fiction are involved as stretch goals (Bill Webb, Mur Lafferty, Lisa Smedman, Wolfgang Baur, Philip Athans, John Wick, Ian Irvine, Mark Teppo, Elizabeth Bear, Matt Finch), so this project may be worth further reading.

I was just coming here to share that one... I know some of our map-making folks will be interested in this one.

I like the looks of it, but I'd be more apt to support it if it included a local installation. I'm not a huge fan of that which is online-only.

Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2014 :  06:02:14  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick update on Kobold Press' Southlands Kickstarter. The project has exceeded the 600 backer goal, thus the Southlands Bestiary is expanded from a chapter in the main book (~20 to 25 monsters) into its own book (perhaps ~50 to 60 monsters).

quote:

I was just coming here to share that one... I know some of our map-making folks will be interested in this one.

I like the looks of it, but I'd be more apt to support it if it included a local installation. I'm not a huge fan of that which is online-only.

I too liked standalone offline software.

With minimal effort a program can have a pretty decent lifespan (decades) even if not supported for years, provided the base program has the features needed to accomplish its purpose. Once the online aspect comes into play, the second the company decides to stop supporting the program, then its over.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2014 :  21:26:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Southlands Kickstarter has gained a lot of steam, and a lot of stretch goals and add-ons. I've upped my own pledge twice, now!

55 hours left on that one.

Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  02:35:51  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Southlands is very close to having an introduction written by Jeff Grubb.

(Edit: Make that, Southlands is having an introduction written by Jeff Grubb.)

Increased my pledge a while ago to leap into a higher tier, have added again to pick up some add-ons, will probably do so again for the dice and other things.

Most likely the project will knock down the next couple of goals. The revealed "end game" goals are very intriguing and I hope the project reaches, because those would expand the material of the book yet again, or in the case of the backer goal, add 25 more monsters to the bestiary.

Edited by - Dark Wizard on 16 Oct 2014 03:23:10
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000