Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Forgotten Realms Audio Books
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  15:58:03  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Now that WotC is releasing backlist books in audio format, an updated list of available audiobooks would be a great addition to the Candlekeep forum. To start things off, here's my 1/8/13 releases:

Evermeet
Tangled Webs
Windwalker
Best of the Realms Book III: The Stories of Elaine Cunningham

(Not sure why Daughter of the Drow isn't on the list, but I'm looking into it.)

There are also two anthology releases today:

Realms of Infamy
Realms of the Arcane

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  16:07:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a good idea. I am going to sticky this thread.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

9thChapter
Learned Scribe

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  16:49:15  Show Profile  Visit 9thChapter's Homepage Send 9thChapter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Elaine.

Is this on audible or iTunes or ?

Fantasy author of The Rithhek Cage series

http://darrentpatrick.com/the-rithhek-cage-trilogy/
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  17:24:37  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 9thChapter

Thanks Elaine.

Is this on audible or iTunes or ?

Audible
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  17:37:04  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's really great news. Hopefully this new job comes through and I can listen to these audiobooks as part of my commute.

Thanks for posting (and sticking).

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  18:04:31  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At least Evermeet and the two anthologies are available on itunes as well.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  19:01:35  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brimstone Angels
Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils
The God Catcher

are also out today, along with a bunch more!

EDIT: Audible has a page for the D&D books, where you can separate out teh Forgotten Realms titles. Its a pretty big list. http://www.audible.com/mt/Dungeons_and_Dragons_Complete

www.slushlush.com

Edited by - ErinMEvans on 08 Jan 2013 23:23:46
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2013 :  20:37:41  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

At least Evermeet and the two anthologies are available on itunes as well.

Really! That's great news. I'll look up the links and add them to my book info pages.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2013 :  00:56:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm particularly happy to learn that both Evermeet and Elaine's Best of ... compilation have received the audio-book treatment. This will make for some rather entertaining "audio-reads" on the train ride to work!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2013 :  09:14:13  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Great news! Fantastic gifts to my blind friend.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2013 :  02:52:01  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And checking in on iTunes a bit later, I find Tangled Webs and Windwalker as well.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 10 Jan 2013 02:52:23
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  04:38:23  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For a complete list of FR audiobooks, click the link below, then Search "Forgotten Realms."

http://www.audible.com
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  04:50:36  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I happen to frequent that site since, well, time immemorial.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  21:10:03  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

For a complete list of FR audiobooks, click the link below, then Search "Forgotten Realms."

This is a good resource, but the search results are not as complete as they should be; for example, Evermeet doesn't come up with "Forgotten Realms" search. They may be others missing, but I can't tell.

Moral of the story: If you don't find a particular FR book with a general FR search, try searching on the author or title's name.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  21:11:00  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

This is a good resource, but the search results are not as complete as they should be; for example, Evermeet doesn't come up with "Forgotten Realms" search. They may be others missing, but I can't tell.

Moral of the story: If you don't find a particular FR book with a general FR search, try searching on the author or title's name.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  22:19:00  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I thought it was a complete list. Good catch, Elaine.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  00:14:29  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know Shadowbane and Shadowbane: Eye of Justice are both up there. My characters have faintly British accents, though Shadowbane himself has more of a BATMAN accent.

Realms of the Elves[/i] is also available, which offers a previously unknown chance to get hold of it since it went out of print. To my knowledge, it's not available as an ebook.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 12 Jan 2013 00:18:04
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  00:30:17  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Batman's snarling whisper is an accent? Or do you mean the Adam West version?

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 12 Jan 2013 00:30:56
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  01:02:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Batman's snarling whisper is an accent? Or do you mean the Adam West version?

West's Batman-voice was more a suave-whisper. Bale relied more heavily on the grittiness of the snarling-Frank Milleresque-Batman-voice.

Kevin Conroy's Animated Batman is probably my favourite "voice" for the character.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  01:31:59  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How could Erik possibly expect a Candlekeep scroll to stay on the rails after mentioning Batman?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  04:50:26  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

My characters have faintly British accents, though Shadowbane himself has more of a BATMAN accent.
The lisp Christian Bale?

Go to Top of Page

9thChapter
Learned Scribe

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2013 :  07:45:30  Show Profile  Visit 9thChapter's Homepage Send 9thChapter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Canadian iTunes Store has pages and pages of FR audiobooks. Average price seems to be around $25. Great sound quality too. Is audible better because it has the one free download with membership or ?

The newest original world fiction from Paul Kemp (Hammer and the Blade) is also up at a steal for $11 or so.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  17:08:45  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All of the anthologies and short story collections are now in audio book format. Here's a link to a page on my website that lists them and gives links to each book's page on Audible.com:

http://www.elainecunningham.com/books/forgotten-realms/anthologies-and-short-story-collections/
Go to Top of Page

9thChapter
Learned Scribe

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2013 :  15:19:37  Show Profile  Visit 9thChapter's Homepage Send 9thChapter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've really enjoyed Jonathan Davies' narration with some of the Star Wars audiobooks I've tried. Michael Kramer and Kate Reading were also very strong for the two or three Wheel of Time books I've listened to.

I prefer to read, obviously, but for those long commutes it really helps. My only issue (speaking about the SW EU - haven't tried FR yet - is that those recorded prior to 2008 were abridged! Cuts something like 10 hours of story out, on average).

Would love to hear what others have experienced or advice on series, etc is.

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  14:22:05  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Elfshadow, Elfsong, Silver Shadows, Thornhold, Daughter of the Drow, and City of Splendors are now available from Audible.
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
194 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2014 :  18:59:27  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably you all know this and only I didn't get the memo:
They are currently offering the 'Legend of Drizzt' anthology (read by all-star cast) for Free at audible. :)
Go to Top of Page

Swoff
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2014 :  14:37:17  Show Profile Send Swoff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok....I can't decide.
I have a credit and am trying to decide on The Adversary or starting the Avatar Trilogy.
Thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2014 :  14:57:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Swoff

Ok....I can't decide.
I have a credit and am trying to decide on The Adversary or starting the Avatar Trilogy.
Thoughts?

If you have read the rest of the Sundering books, I'd continue with The Adversary. I will also note that I quite enjoyed that book; out of the 5 Sundering novels I've read thus far, it was the most enjoyable by far. A caveat, though: Aside from some of the earliest Realms stuff, my taste in Realms novels is sometimes wildly divergent from others. I've not cared for a lot of stuff that others quite enjoyed, like the Erevis Cale or War of the Spider Queen stuff.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Swoff
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2014 :  15:16:28  Show Profile Send Swoff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha! Duly noted.
I have noticed from browsing around that your tastes are some times a few degrees off from others likes.
That's ok, though. My range of enjoyment is fairly broad ;0)

I just finished listening to the 2 Brimstone Angels books as well, so I might as well keep going.
Thanks Wooly!
Go to Top of Page

Swoff
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2014 :  15:58:53  Show Profile Send Swoff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone know if / when Fire in the Blood will be on Audible?
Go to Top of Page

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2014 :  07:33:37  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really enjoyed the City of Ravens audiobook. Last Mythal and WotSQ were good, but City of Ravens was one I really liked.

Sylrae's Forgotten Realms Fan-Lore Index, with public commenting access to make for easier improvement (WIP)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000