Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Eight Small Bites...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Snow
Learned Scribe

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2015 :  18:46:41  Show Profile Send Snow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anybody have the link to the Perilous Gateways archive here at a CK Forums?

That's the WotC article series of FR gateways and portals that was authored by a bunch of FR writing luminaries like Eric Boyd, Robert Wiese, Roger E. Moore and James Wyatt. I haven't read those in years, but they are probably useful to Jeremy and others.
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2015 :  22:00:35  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here.

And another few suggestions.

*.) In a githyanki hatchery beneath the ruins of the Crypts of the Deepening Moon in Ardeeps underdark under attack by gith'zerai.

*.) In the temple-fortress of Firehammer Hold in the Forlorn Hills, during a moving reverant song to Haela BrightAxe sung by the high priestess.

*.) In an icy tower's dungeon in the Icerim Mountains built by a cryomage vremyonni fugitive from Rashemen, who likes to sculpt ice golems into shapes of animals from his homeland.

*.) On the eerily quiet stone slabs of Mishtan, the City of the Dead in the Dragonsword mountains. After the sun sets and the shadows of all the statues elongate, the place slowly reveals it is crowded with skeletons and zombies inadvertendly released from all the Mulhorandi tombs by adventurers over the years.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  04:45:33  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crai

As a result, we spent a lot of time homebrewing custom lore for such a portal network. I need to track that info down. It's all in my disk backups somewhere ...
If you ever find it, I think we'd all be interested in having a look at it.

Much of what's written for the Realms is meant for DMs and players to expand on, so homebrew stuff is always a good thing.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000