Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Neverwinter MMO/CO-OP Game.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

pcgneurotic
Acolyte

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2014 :  08:15:14  Show Profile Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Have you tried flushing your DNS on your computer? I know tech support told me to do that once and it occasionally helps. Sometimes uninstall and reinstall the launcher.
Open up a Command Prompt and type in

ipconfig /flushdns

That never hurts either. I think when I had it I did a 'Verify files' or 'Force check' or something from the launcher too, which might've fixed it.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2014 :  15:16:47  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've tried all those things... nothing. My laptop runs fine and my antivirus says clean systems. But the Cryptic launcher crashes every single time I press play. I verify the files when it says game error found, and then I press play, and as soon as the cryptic logo leaves and the Neverwinter logo appears, it crashes and says Cryptic error. I just want to scream!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2015 :  20:37:15  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So neverwinter came out for the xbox one today. Anyone interesting in playing? I have four friends also but we need a fifth to make a guild.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2015 :  21:48:05  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I had an xbox1, I would. The xbox server doesn't really talk to the PC one, does it?

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Acolyte

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2015 :  22:03:42  Show Profile Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's right, they're separate servers. I think it's to do with the MS certification procedures or somesuch.
Go to Top of Page

Aelf
Acolyte

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2015 :  03:43:22  Show Profile Send Aelf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FYI: Module 6 was released today. Level cap is now 70 and there is a new Oathbound Paladin class.

Regards,
Aelf, a bard of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Acolyte

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2015 :  06:41:10  Show Profile Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to mention Neverwinter's own take on the Temple of Elemental Evil!
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2015 :  13:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep! Been having lots of fun with Minsc. Anyone know who did the voice acting for him this time? It doesn't quite sound like they got Jim Cummings again.

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Acolyte

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2015 :  13:54:31  Show Profile Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
massivelyop.net did an interview with the Neverwinter team, and they also asked about that:

"Will Minsc be voiced, and if so, by whom? Was there any effort to acquire the talent of Jim Cummings who brought the character to life in the Balder’s Gate series?

Minsc will indeed be voiced, but by one of our regular voice-over talents (who is quite good at it!). We looked into acquiring the talent of Jim Cummings but unfortunately were unable to at this time."

(http://massivelyop.net/2015/03/26/minsc-and-boo-go-for-the-eyes-in-neverwinters-elemental-evil/)
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2015 :  14:20:33  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the swift reply! He did a decent job of capturing the original.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2015 :  15:15:17  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jim Cummings is working on at least three different projects at the moment so I'm not terribly surprised.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Acolyte

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2015 :  15:24:34  Show Profile Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, that's good to know. Was a bit of an ambiguous answer there. :D
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2015 :  02:52:09  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The next module will come out before the end of the year. It will take place in the Underdark and will feature quests written by RA Salvatorre.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

pcgneurotic
Acolyte

Poland
18 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2015 :  11:33:01  Show Profile Send pcgneurotic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes indeed, and it looks like another good one, writing-wise. Salvatorre's quests will feature AI support from the reincarnated Companions too (Reginald, Spider, etc), as well as Pwent and Drizzt! There's an interesting article (link below) published the other day that not only looks at all this, but also examines Salvatorre's involvement with the game from day one. Well worth a look. http://massivelyop.com/2015/10/01/r-a-salvatore-shares-his-secret-work-on-neverwinter/
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2015 :  01:18:47  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wondering if I should get back into Neverwinter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoInLLZAxrQ

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2015 :  02:08:02  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been toying with the idea. Haven't played since before GenCon. SCL and books have demanded too much of my free time. I'd be more likely to play if my schedule lined up with fellow scribes, but considering my work hours, that's not likely.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

BountyHunter
Seeker

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2017 :  10:21:15  Show Profile Send BountyHunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anybody still playing this on XBox? I love this game, can't stop playing, Is there a guild I can join? I'm currently in one, but I'd rather be in one with players from the forums.
Go to Top of Page

Thoth
Acolyte

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2017 :  16:38:05  Show Profile Send Thoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I play it on PC. Haven't tried it much on Xbox, although I did install it.
Go to Top of Page

BountyHunter
Seeker

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2017 :  22:55:57  Show Profile Send BountyHunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aw that's too bad. And you're in Canada too. Nice,
Go to Top of Page

Thoth
Acolyte

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2017 :  10:50:33  Show Profile Send Thoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, in Canada. Good times! :)

If you ever come to the light side, and play on the PC, let me know!
Go to Top of Page

BountyHunter
Seeker

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2017 :  18:01:12  Show Profile Send BountyHunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I can guarantee I'll never play on PC. Lol
Go to Top of Page

VikingLegion
Senior Scribe

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2017 :  22:51:27  Show Profile Send VikingLegion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, so BountyHunter is playing this on X-Box and Thoth is on PC. I downloaded this game on my PS4 last night and played the first 5 levels. So we can't ever game together (as I understand it), but I guess we have all the platforms covered, at least...

I'm not sure what I think of it yet. Coming in several years late to the party, obviously I'm way behind on the learning curve. But it seems fun enough to at least keep screwing around on for the time being. I'm nowhere near interested enough (yet) to invest into finding a guild and planning out a build or anything, for now I'll just keep jamming on it as spare time allows.
Go to Top of Page

Taleras
Seeker

75 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2017 :  12:25:34  Show Profile Send Taleras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I downloaded a few weeks ago and played for a hot second. Is it worth pushing through the learning curve? Are the stories good? I don't need another hack and slash, but if leveling is fun through quests and adventures then I would consider loading it up again...
Go to Top of Page

BountyHunter
Seeker

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2017 :  20:04:59  Show Profile Send BountyHunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Being new to Forgotten Realms, it's giving me a fast taste of what the world has to offer.

I've gotten myself up to level 45 pretty fast (levelling is easy in this game), so I must be having fun.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000