Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2009)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 103

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2009 :  21:39:19  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message
Ah, I've found the year. I'm sorry I asked, although admittedly, the references were easy to miss: The month was easy to find: It was Tarask, in the first sentence of the first chapter. But the year was harder. It was referenced in the title of the book containing the quote opening the book (before the prologue), saying in what year the book was written in, while the gist of the quote was 'In the time I wrote this, there were many adventurers in Cormyr'. A bit obscure, but I found it after all. I was right - 1348 DR, Year of the Spur. Thanks for the help.

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions – just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."

Edited by - Menelvagor on 29 Dec 2009 21:43:55
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2009 :  00:27:39  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
Just so that I may go with alternative timelines,
I would like to see some of the problems and successes
that the restored Myth Drannor will experience. New Npc's
new elven families detailed (or old families detailed anew),
fate of the Srinshee (who I am guessing will make an appearence
in Eleminster Must Die), and other some suches.
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2009 :  09:49:53  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message
Hello Hooded, I am sorry I don't have my FR book with me at the moment, can Ed give information about the other floating city Sh(something or other)in Netheril? Because it talk about it under Netheril but doesn't say where it is floating or much more about it.
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2009 :  18:49:13  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
I'm away from my gaming books at the moment, but I THINK there's more about that floating city in the 3e Realms sourcebook LOST EMPIRES OF FAERUN.
Go to Top of Page

Broken Helm
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2009 :  14:56:37  Show Profile  Visit Broken Helm's Homepage Send Broken Helm a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
Another campaign question, this one not urgent at all.
In westernmost Cormyr, where no named settlements are on the map and things sort of trail off along the coast (by the mountains that have the Marshes of Tun on the west side of them), are there any skilled human weaponsmiths/armorers?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2009 :  14:59:21  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
I'm looking for any information you can share about a successful, hard-working, NOT rich or noble or socially high-profile merchant who frequently runs goods into Waterdeep as part of caravans, but doesn't live in Waterdeep (or run any caravan company or coster or priakos). Can you share the name and a little about anyone, circa a decade before the Spellplague?
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2009 :  15:01:20  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
The place is Neverwinter, the time is the summer of 1357 DR. A merchant serves wine to guests he wants to impress, at an expensive private dinner he's hosting in his own home. What sorts of wines are "impressive" at the time, locally? In fashion? Denoting status/wealth/success?
Thanks!
BB
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2009 :  15:03:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Well met

Could I please ask that my fellow scribes refrain from posting any more requests for lore to Ed and THO as this scroll will soon be sealed [this then allows THO to better synchronise the crossover into the upcoming 2010 scroll]? You may soon resume your requests in the 2010 scroll.

Thank you.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2009 :  16:08:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
And with that being the case, and since Australia has now entered 2010, please be aware that this scroll will now be closing, with Ed's Realmslore answers and The Hooded One's grace and charm starting fresh in a new scroll for 2010.

Casts Seal Scroll.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 103 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000