Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Dragonlance Movie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  03:29:33  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings, i am not sure if posting this information on our site is ok but i stumbled upon that one and thought that i had to share it with you

A Dragonlance movie is in the making! more info in the following URL

http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/

I always suspected that Jack Bauer was Raistlin

I believe the lesson was learned from the previous crap movie and the even crapiest sequel, this one gonna be a better.

After that a Forgotten Realms Movie perhaps?

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  03:38:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye. Over the last couple of months, I've been posting previous updates about the DL movie in various scrolls -- in fact, since about the time it had been first announced.

I'll leave this scroll open for the time being -- just as a "easy reference source" for any new details released about the film. Though, let me just re-inforce the apparent "legal" issue with the DoAT trailer that's been floating around on YouTube. 'Tis my understanding that the illegal trailer should not be posted anywhere in any online communities. So please try to avoid including any links featuring the trailer, here at Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  09:30:39  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, Xena aka Lucy Lawless being Goldmoon - I cannot see how that fits the bill?!?!? She would be a perfect cast for Kiatara IMHO but Goldmoon? Now, I can only hope they will dye her hair blonde..........

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 20 Sep 2007 09:34:11
Go to Top of Page

Ryss Firemaster
Acolyte

Denmark
30 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  14:38:08  Show Profile  Visit Ryss Firemaster's Homepage Send Ryss Firemaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it's an animated movie, so I don't think that will be a problem....

"People lie. Online doubly so!"
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  20:18:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Her voice... not her. Her voice would make a good Goldmoon if you just picture it in your head for a moment. Would make a good Kit too though.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2007 :  07:37:01  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ryss Firemaster

Well, it's an animated movie, so I don't think that will be a problem....

My bad.......

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2007 :  07:42:46  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fact that it is animated gives me some hope. I don't like live action fantasy movies (yes, I do prefer the Bakshi version of the Rings). I will probably be disappointed, but there is a glimmer of optimism in my somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2007 :  15:48:20  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just realized that's my "Knowledge Dragonlance" skill is somewhere between 0 and 0,1.

Edited by - Marquant Volker on 21 Sep 2007 15:48:55
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2007 :  18:04:38  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marquant Volker

I just realized that's my "Knowledge Dragonlance" skill is somewhere between 0 and 0,1.

Hehe I used to be like that too. All you need to know is that Dragonlance is more or less 2 timelines. Basically the Heroes of the Lance (the original trilogies; Chronicles & Legends) and then what their children face many years later.

For the most part the Dragonlance novels are spin off novels of the Core novels. We get introduced to this supporting cast character, or some organization, we get the facts about them in the Core novel, but the spin off novel fills in the fluff.

Dragonlance stagnates in contrast to the Realms, which moves forward by a year or two every few real world years.

In any case, Dragons of Autumn Twilight is an excellent read if you're interested in Dragonlance at all.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2007 :  21:33:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Dragonlance stagnates in contrast to the Realms, which moves forward by a year or two every few real world years.

Though I watched the D&D cartoon as a kid, Dragginglance was my first intro into D&D settings and TSR publications... I got all of the first five trilogies, and then the lack of forward progress made me bail on the setting. For a long time, unless it was Weis & Hickman doing the writing, authors only went backwards or sideways -- never forward.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Vexxan
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2007 :  11:06:11  Show Profile  Visit Vexxan's Homepage Send Vexxan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Animated? What a shame. With films like Eragon getting solid movie releases, and not straight-to-DVD, why are we still waiting on a decent Dragonlance? I must admit to considering Eragon fantasy pablum, but the film was live-action with mildly competent actors and passable CG. If such a basic film appeals to the masses, why can't the rich and complex world and relationships of the Chronicles be given a serious shot? I've had high hopes for Dragonlance on the big screen ever since Peter Jackson opened the doorway. This is just bad news for me.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2007 :  15:57:24  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Straight to DVD eh? I had higher hopes.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2007 :  03:43:37  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dalor_darden

take what you can get. The quality seems good. If its on-par with some of Marvels recent direct to DVD animated films, it should be decent at least

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2007 :  17:44:32  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The DVD is available for preorder:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y7U996?ie=UTF8&tag=trafficreport-20&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=B000Y7U996

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2007 :  20:39:19  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dalor_darden

Mmh, I have to agree here. I had hoped to see something more than that as well. If Dragonlance Chronicles would have similar sales today than what they had when it first came out and was popular it would have been not only one but 3 movies IMO. Only because it is not that popular anymore we see a DVD only and not a cinamatic movie.

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  01:21:28  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After seeing Beowulf in IMAX 3D last night... well... it will be hard to order Dragonlance and feel a certain amount of satisfaction...
Go to Top of Page

Akeri Rualuavain
Seeker

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  01:25:14  Show Profile  Visit Akeri Rualuavain's Homepage Send Akeri Rualuavain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW !!!! I'm jalouse... Realy Beowulf n 3D, that should have been wounderfull...

Any way. DragonLance was my first book leading to FR so i still have some big attachement to the first novel of the serie. I'm just to curious to see what they made of their movie...
Go to Top of Page

nb_nmare
Acolyte

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2007 :  23:12:55  Show Profile  Visit nb_nmare's Homepage Send nb_nmare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Now, Xena aka Lucy Lawless being Goldmoon - I cannot see how that fits the bill?!?!? She would be a perfect cast for Kiatara IMHO but Goldmoon? Now, I can only hope they will dye her hair blonde..........

Heh, actually Lawless' natural colour is blonde, so it was Xena which required the dye :).
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  22:40:11  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Akeri Rualuavain

WOW !!!! I'm jalouse... Realy Beowulf n 3D, that should have been wounderfull...

Any way. DragonLance was my first book leading to FR so i still have some big attachement to the first novel of the serie. I'm just to curious to see what they made of their movie...

Oui Akeri... je le jure: ça vaut vraiment la peine de voir ça en 3D... si t'est pas trop loin de Montréal, je suis sûr qu'il y a au moins une ou deux salles IMAX qui doivent présenter ce film en 3D. J'habite dans la région du grand Toronto, donc je l'ai vu à Mississauga, au cinéma suivant:

http://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/TheatreDetails/2CF0953E/Coliseum_Mississauga.aspx

Absolument INCROYABLE! Ça bat quasiment la trilogie du Seigneur des Anneaux!
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  22:43:14  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Akeri: je l'ai trouvé à Montréal, en 3D!!!!!, au cinéma suivant:

Cinéma Banque Scotia Montréal (anciennement le Paramount Montréal)
Address
977 rue Ste. Catherine O.
Montréal
QC, H3B 4W3
514-866-0111
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2007 :  23:56:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, talking in a language most of us don't know is kinda rude. Enough, please.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2007 :  01:13:20  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did not intend to sound rude. My apologies for using my mother tongue in an attempt to help a fellow French Canadian in finding a theatre showing Beowulf in 3D.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2007 :  01:36:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PDK... We realise that. I believe Wooly was justing alluding to the [usually] "accepted" practice on English-speaking message boards where all users converse in the same language -- namely English. You're welcome to speak to Akeri in your mother tongue, however I would suggest that a Personal Message between the two of you would be more appropriate.

Edited by - The Sage on 22 Nov 2007 01:37:13
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2007 :  05:48:45  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

PDK... We realise that. I believe Wooly was justing alluding to the [usually] "accepted" practice on English-speaking message boards where all users converse in the same language -- namely English. You're welcome to speak to Akeri in your mother tongue, however I would suggest that a Personal Message between the two of you would be more appropriate.

Or have a translation of the message in English so we all can participate!

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2007 :  22:05:39  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Or have a translation of the message in English so we all can participate!

Not a bad idea at all.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

riot the outsider
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2008 :  02:21:13  Show Profile Send riot the outsider a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I Would just like to say all flaws aside of this movie, I rather liked it.But just as the hobbit animated movie they shouldn't have deleted so much of the parts from the book.sham on them.lol

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do. http://s13.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=67846

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2008 :  05:27:09  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This movie is out?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2008 :  06:18:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it's been released in the US [it's actual release date was January 15th].

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Mar 2008 06:22:51
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2008 :  21:42:27  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I Bought it ... I think the movie is good as overall but it should be better ... Now I'm going to order the Beowulf movie...

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)

Edited by - BARDOBARBAROS on 15 Mar 2008 22:00:00
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2008 :  21:39:38  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, saw the Dragonlance "movie" and I have to say I'm not at all impressed...I thought the Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon was better in its animation...and I won't even get into the butchery of the plot and elements that got me into Dragonlance.

Cheese...all I can say.

The only saving grace of this entire experience was that I only paid $1 to rent it from a Red Box.

EDIT: I will grant them that the computer animations were decent, but their broken mix of computer and cartoon did not mesh at all. They cut several of the more "inspiring" scenes from the book as well, and added others that were not needed...like the half-naked Onyx speaking with Verminaard...come on...totally NOT needed. One of the greatest scenes in the book was the wicker dragon...not even hinted at.

I could go on...but it really isn't worth the time.

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 18 Mar 2008 00:49:25
Go to Top of Page

riot the outsider
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2008 :  17:21:56  Show Profile Send riot the outsider a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exlessed it wasn't way off the story like beowulf was gees, people who made that movie read the peom and stop making movies so that they might please everyone. Make it the way the fans would really want it. Who cares if it doesn't make as much money as you think it should, you lose more money when you make it to suit ever buyer or movie going fan.Cause real fans turn there backs on it.Sorry I got off topic. The rest of the series should be just as good as this if not better if they leared there lessonfrom this one.

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do. http://s13.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=67846

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000