Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Who's Hot and Who's not in the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  03:28:09  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
On behalf of my good friends Erik Scott de Bie and Rinonalyrna Fathomlin (Since Erik is more of a perpetuator than a starter)
here is a scroll to discuss who is hot and who is not in the realms. (with an emphasis on who is) Please state you case as to why your choice is or isn't!

P.S. In case some find this scroll a tad juvenile......Thats what we were aiming for!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Warrax
Learned Scribe

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  04:02:50  Show Profile  Visit Warrax's Homepage Send Warrax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You mean physically attractive?
Go to Top of Page

Arkhaedun
Senior Scribe

869 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  04:06:54  Show Profile  Visit Arkhaedun's Homepage Send Arkhaedun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A wonderful idea, and a fun way to blow off steam, but just a friendly reminder to make sure to have fun and try not to get too juvenile. We don't want to loose our stuffy reputation . . . but seriously . . . just make sure not to step outside of the normal CoC rules.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  04:08:10  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warrax

You mean physically attractive?

Well, if we are going for actual temperature, I'm sure Klauth has a rather high personal temperature . . .
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  04:11:11  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arkhaedun
. . just make sure not to step outside of the normal CoC rules.

You mean, like the Hooded lady ?

Edited by - Skeptic on 20 Sep 2007 04:11:30
Go to Top of Page

Warrax
Learned Scribe

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  04:52:30  Show Profile  Visit Warrax's Homepage Send Warrax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the Seven Sisters have to be mentioned right off the bat.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  05:54:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote, as can be expected, goes to Kyriani.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  05:58:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

quote:
Originally posted by Arkhaedun
. . just make sure not to step outside of the normal CoC rules.

You mean, like the Hooded lady ?

The usually sexually-themed exchanges between myself, the Lady Hooded One, and several of our other more prominent scribes here at Candlekeep, are largely meant in jest. We've usually tried to maintain a certain level of respectability, and have always attempted to follow the guidelines for such discussions as noted in the Candlekeep Code of Conduct [see my sig].

So long as these types of discussions continue to echo previous similarly-themed exchanges here, we won't have any problems.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  06:12:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote goes to the Laeral.

She possesses such a level of intelligence and maturity that is far more intriguing to me, than any lingering hint of physical sexuality. But that's just me. I tend to find cerebal qualities to be more "sexy," than any particular physical attributes.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  06:16:45  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Lady Galinda Raventree.
Go to Top of Page

darkhuntress
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  07:43:01  Show Profile  Visit darkhuntress's Homepage Send darkhuntress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just for some equal time, I vote Valen Shadowbreath from Neverwinter Nights: HotU, even though he isn't canonical. I've always had a thing for tieflings...

His voice actor helped, too. "I'm yours to command" Oh, Valen honey, I wish...

"Do not mistake our kindness for gullibility, nor our hesitance to draw blades for cowardice. Contrary to what the spider kissers would have you believe, Dark Ladies are not addle-brained, pacifist weaklings. We'd have all died a long time ago if that were the case." --Lady Kariza de'Camyras, High Priestess of the Temple of the Silver Crescent
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  07:59:53  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

She possesses such a level of intelligence and maturity that is far more intriguing to me, than any lingering hint of physical sexuality. But that's just me. I tend to find cerebral qualities to be more "sexy," than any particular physical attributes.

Agree on all points. Any woman that I can sit with and have an intelligent discussion ranks high in my book. Plus, I really liked her picture in the Heroes' Lorebook. Whoever drew that should keep drawing for Wizards of the Coast.

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Aewrik
Seeker

80 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  08:13:49  Show Profile Send Aewrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

She possesses such a level of intelligence and maturity that is far more intriguing to me, than any lingering hint of physical sexuality. But that's just me. I tend to find cerebal qualities to be more "sexy," than any particular physical attributes.

Heh... you don't have any Illithid relatives, do you? ;)

I think Sune's avatar would be quite interesting... after all, gods are more than meets the eye. They'd have to invent some sort of Divine Splendor negation, though.
Hm. I just read through the entry for Sune's avatar, and... she can cast 20th level spells.

But you know, every 216th female you meet, has a natural charisma of 18 ; )
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  08:30:43  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, my initial thought went to Aliiza, the half fiend, plaything of Kaanyr Vhok. After all, if she can please him .......there's got to be something hot to her.....

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 20 Sep 2007 08:31:46
Go to Top of Page

turox
Learned Scribe

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  09:10:50  Show Profile  Visit turox's Homepage Send turox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote is going to have to go to The Simbul. Just a woman in control of that much power and the fact that she doesn't hide it at all is why she gets my vote.

Turox Antas Dragonslayer -
"People will believe anything they want to believe, or fear to believe."
Wizard's First Rule: Chapter 36, Page #397, US Hard Cover (revealed by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander).
Explanation by Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander: "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  12:17:32  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always had the glad-eye for Fzoul Chembryl. It's the moustache, and being the chosen of Bane helps as well. All that domination and facial hair. Gets me every time.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  12:29:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

She's my second choice.

Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  12:52:46  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danifae Yauntyrr - hands down now and then!

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  13:39:17  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aliiza, becuase she is witty and an Alu fiend. But also Laeral, she has a stormy past and Khelben had a good thing with her. She just strikes me as one of the more romantically depicted Realms characters.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  13:43:44  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mystra sends a magical tingle through me :)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  13:44:46  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as who's not, I would have to say Talona sickens me.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Vitellia
Acolyte

Germany
12 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  14:43:12  Show Profile  Visit Vitellia's Homepage Send Vitellia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaith Craulnobur, definitely
And there was something to Manshoon (the "early one") as well.

Well, I do tend to fall for the bad guys - the evil, but cultivated ones, that is ...

Jarlaxle's okay, too ...

Vitellia (who for some reason thinks that the male characters are somewhat more interesting than the female ones *g*)

Edited by - Vitellia on 20 Sep 2007 15:37:35
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  15:22:05  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

On behalf of my good friends Erik Scott de Bie and Rinonalyrna Fathomlin (Since Erik is more of a perpetuator than a starter)
here is a scroll to discuss who is hot and who is not in the realms. (with an emphasis on who is)

I was mostly joking . . . but very well. Some levity amidst all this angst can't be a bad thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Aewrik

But you know, every 216th female you meet, has a natural charisma of 18 ; )

Really? It isn't every 5th? (Hmm . . . must be just D&D rules.)

Acknowledging that the Realms is replete with incredibly beautiful and alluring folk, and leaving aside my own novel characters for the sake of fairness . . . (even though we all know Davoren is rolling in teh hotness ) . . .

I am something of an Innovindil fan, though I couldn't really tell you why. Something about elf women. If it weren't for the red hair, she'd have Cattie-brie beat a hundred ways from Shieldmeet.

My favorite Seven Sister would be Dove, though she's well and goodly married (perhaps I should write myself into the Realms as a character who can outlive Florin), followed secondly by Storm (ahem--not married, eh RW?).

My favorite lady of darkness would be Scyllua Darkhope, not necessarily for what the FRCS says about her, but because of how hot she is in my home games (what can I say? I like the fallen paladin thing).

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  16:16:41  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote goes for Alias. In spite of the fact that her hair always looks ridiculous, she looks great in that armor she wears.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  16:35:38  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

My vote goes for Alias. In spite of the fact that her hair always looks ridiculous, she looks great in that armor she wears.

Alias's is mine also... mmm red heads. :)

As for a not, the description of the hag in the 2e Skullport sourcebook still starts make me nauseous whenever I read her desc.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 20 Sep 2007 16:37:10
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  19:26:51  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Myrmeen for me, and Loene, Aurora, Dove, Storm, Kitten... In that order. Is it just me or is it getting hot in here? The reasons for these are to many to mention; mature, beautiful, intelligent and able to thrash anyone that might bother me. Perfect.

As for not, well, elves are not my thing, so any of them. Oh and Skylla Darkhope or whatever her name is. Not a pretty sight in the pictures I have seen.
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  19:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I toss in my chips for the hawtest* couple in the Realms:

Sememmon and Ashemmi! Both are quite attractive, magically powerful, and darn clever. (And since late 1374, no longer evil! :) ) I mean, check out their update in Dragon 357; it's indeed quite smexy*.

*note intentionally inane spelling

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  22:31:38  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

Alias's is mine also... mmm red heads. :)

As for a not, the description of the hag in the 2e Skullport sourcebook still starts make me nauseous whenever I read her desc.

Ah yes, Alias. She goes on my list with Liriel and Storm. Liriel and Storm, while physically attractive, really get on the list for their personalities, as does Alias, though the fact that she is a red head definitely helps, and its worth noting that while the first two ladies can be seductive and playful, Alias makes the list because the last thing on her mind usually is actually using her feminine charms.

And I still love the line from the old FR comic . . .

"Nice armor."

"Its enchanted."

"I'll bet."

Also, when it comes to attractive artwork for these women, I love the original picture of Alias from Azure Bonds, the Valerie Valusek version of any of the Seven Sisters, and the Lockwood version of Liriel from the current release of the Starlight and Shadows books.

As far as not goes . . . have to agree with Kuje about Mhaug in Skullport . . . I used to really disturb one of my players, who was playing a necromancer that would drop by her shop for supplies, when Mhaug would flirt with him. It was great.
Go to Top of Page

Warrax
Learned Scribe

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  23:25:52  Show Profile  Visit Warrax's Homepage Send Warrax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Now, my initial thought went to Aliiza, the half fiend, plaything of Kaanyr Vhok. After all, if she can please him .......there's got to be something hot to her.....

Good call...

Halisstra when she was in regular form...

Of the Seven, I'd have to go with either Storm or the Simbul.

There's a really wild energy about the Simbul and she's aggressive and confident, which are both really attractive traits to me. As far as Storm goes, she's not quite as overtly aggressive as the Simbul but she's confident, poised, she's funny, etc. So yeah, those two definitely come to mind.

Liriel definitely comes to mind in a sort of cute and malicious way. I really enjoyed her as a character.

Alusair comes to mind for much the same reason as the rest of those that I'm thinking about: she's bold and very confident and really vibrant as a person.

Shandril, when she was around.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  23:46:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, of the Alias vessels, I'd prefer to hook up with Cat.

I thought of a "not", too. It's someone who has, to the best of my knowledge, never directly appeared in a Realms novel or sourcebook. But Fyodor obviously knew of her, when he encountered her hut dancing in a clearing. I speak, of course, of Baba Yaga.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2007 :  23:50:47  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
I thought of a "not", too. It's someone who has, to the best of my knowledge, never directly appeared in a Realms novel or sourcebook. But Fyodor obviously knew of her, when he encountered her hut dancing in a clearing. I speak, of course, of Baba Yaga.

But apparently, she can produce an attractive daughter (though she isn't native to the Realms . . . i.e. Iggwilv . . . who has hooked up with Graz'zt who kidnapped Waukeen, so in the end, its sort of Realmsian).

. . . and I think she goes by Stara Baba in the Realms.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000