Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 WotC Website???
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  16:54:01  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know what is going on right now on the site? It says 4dventure and there is a countdown and nothing else...

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  16:55:20  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

Does anyone know what is going on right now on the site? It says 4dventure and there is a countdown and nothing else...

Well met,

I assume it will remain this way until the countdown is over. I'm a little unhappy about this as I was due to download the past months articles this weekend

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  16:56:15  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like they are working hard to build up the suspense.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  17:30:53  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They also might be rebuilding the site, changing links on us (as has from time to time occured in the past).

IAE it clearly indicatess no content will be available until countdown is over. Only 6 hours or so to go.

Then we might findout if ourbookmarks still work. I agree with Big Al in being a little unhappy about this decsion. WotC provided quick refference for feats skills and so on from the splat books that some DMs might not have. There was all sorts of information that one might be seeking. Also sending a link to a friend and they end up with a countdown could make them think virus (A countdown itself some would consider a virus). *shrugs*

Worry about things one can change, explain things that can not be changed as best as you can.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  17:44:19  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope that is not the case with the website, I remember how much was lost in the 3ed website update. Luckily, I think I have saved most of the Realmslore on the site in word format. I guess I will make sure that I save the rest asap, just in case.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000