Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Status of Scardale
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Grumpy Celt
Acolyte

46 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2007 :  03:35:30  Show Profile  Visit The Grumpy Celt's Homepage Send The Grumpy Celt a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Scardale

What is the current situation in Scardale? Has it progressed any from the description given in the FRCS – which was the status quo several years ago, both in and out of the game.

I understand the Scarrans don’t like Darkhope, or the Sembians, attempt to control their ‘Dale. And that the Zhents and Sembians would come to blows over the place if either tried to take it.

Cormyr is not really in a position to intervene, currently at any rate. Neither are most of the Dalelands, for that matter. Some other regional powers have the economic and military strength to intervene, but may not want to do so.

But are things really still in that state of stand-off after two or three years? One factor to consider for example is the Zhent’s conquest of Shadowdale could hypothetically consume enough resources so they do not also attempt to take Scardale, which means Sembia would be take the opportunity to reach in to assume control.

So, what is the current situation in Scardale?

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye."
-Vecna

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2007 :  09:46:42  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as I know there is no information given about the Dale since the 3ed. Campaign-setting. I should mention that i don't own the new adventures, so there could be information there that I am lacking.
I think the Zhents would be careful about irritating the southern countries at this time. The same with Sembia, who will generally tread carefully and use their economic power instead of military means to get their way. There is also the question of the dalesmen themselves and their actions and wishes. If it does come to an end of the occupation it would (in my opinion) be in the interest of the Dales as a whole, that none of the outside powers gained control of the settlement.

Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2007 :  16:07:38  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We know from Rich Baker's books that Darkhope is busy acting as the Zhentilar general more than a year later. Which probably indicated that Scardale is unresolved a year later, or that Darkhope is out of the question.
Go to Top of Page

The Grumpy Celt
Acolyte

46 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2007 :  22:19:43  Show Profile  Visit The Grumpy Celt's Homepage Send The Grumpy Celt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which books are those?

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye."
-Vecna
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2007 :  23:01:27  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Last Mythal trilogy has the information cited in it, and its also expanded upon in Eric Boyd's excellent article about recent history in Cormanthor in Dragon Magazine 354.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000