Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Trading companies in the realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mortagon
Acolyte

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  13:52:40  Show Profile  Visit Mortagon's Homepage Send Mortagon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there an official list of trading companies in the realms and some information on them?

I'm espescially interested in trading companies that are currently active in Cormyr (As per 1374 DR).

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  15:36:57  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 1e and 2e campaign box sets have a list and then there's others scattered around in various sourceboooks/novels.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  15:53:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cormyr-specific trading companies receive some treatment in Volo's Guide to Cormyr [which is available as a free PDF download at WotC].

Ed's managed to detail the odd couple in his replies here at Candlekeep.

See the "Play the Market" section of Power of Faerūn as well.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2007 :  20:24:25  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of the shadier ones are nicely detailed in "Cloak and Dagger".

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2007 :  22:41:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dart Ambermoon

Some of the shadier ones are nicely detailed in "Cloak and Dagger".

I was about to recommend that book, myself.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2007 :  16:52:37  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, two of Rand's travelogues has information about some caravans and trading companies.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Mortagon
Acolyte

Norway
33 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2007 :  13:42:02  Show Profile  Visit Mortagon's Homepage Send Mortagon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the advice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000