Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Translation into Italian
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dees
Acolyte

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  11:55:43  Show Profile  Visit Dees's Homepage Send Dees a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi.
I'm in charge for the development of the production of a newly born Italian website. The focus of the site is D&D 3rd Edition and 3.5.

The purpose of the site is to widen, within the Italian RPG market, the offer of products related to D&D and, in general, to the d20 System. The overall philosophy we intend is by means of translations of English products.
In this way, both you and us, will reach a higher visibility (in local market) and new market opportunities.

After a brief research in the net, I ran into the unofficial material in the Various Unofficial Lore. I tryed to contact the authors, but the email did not reach them.
So, if you have published an article in this section contact me, please.

What we intend to do is to translate your works and, then, distribute them freely for the Italian public.

--
Erica Faverio Margoni
CoAdmin e Responsabile Traduzioni de il 5°Clone
www.5clone.it

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  15:40:49  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope that you aren't distributing the material from this site without permission. Publishing something on the net is still publishing it and it belongs to the author that wrote it and to Candlekeep, since the authors gave permission to Alaundo to host it.

I don't know England's copywrite laws but it's illegal to distribute the material on this by the USA laws if you don't have permission from the authors and the owner of this site.

Yes, I take this very serious since I gave Alaundo permission to host my material and if there is ever a time that someone might want to purchase my material for paid publication, I want to know where it's been published with, or without, my permission.

Isn't trying to sound like a arse, but I'm very concerned about publishing material on the internet due to many factors that I'd rather not discuss publically.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 11 Apr 2007 15:45:43
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  16:01:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. Kuje is in fact correct.

Dees, I would recommend you contact Alaundo privately and discuss this matter before you copy any unofficial lore stored at this site.

Also, many of us who have articles in that particular section of Candlekeep have active emails which are still easily accessed. I suggest you try again.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  16:48:12  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, feel free to contact me privately on this matter, Dees. I know ye contacted me before regarding the use of material herein but the Sage and Kuje are correct. Let me know which articles in particular ye are interested in.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Dees
Acolyte

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  17:07:43  Show Profile  Visit Dees's Homepage Send Dees a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo, I emailed you months ago and you gave me the permission for some articles ^^
But there are some authors I wa not able to contact, so I wrote here hoping they are reading.

We NEVER translate without a written permission given by the author, and we always give the proper credits in the translations. This is our policy.

I emailed you yesterday. I will contact you in the next days.

About the matter "paid publications":
You all can look at my website: we are the biggest website about D&D in Italy and we are collaborating with many editors (Italians and Americans) but we do not ask for money. I said "freely". That is to say we do not ask for money ^^ we translate, prepare a PDF or an HTML page (giving credits to the website and the author) and offer the work to players, freely :)

What we desire is to offer good material to all the Italian players who do not understand English, and not taking possession of your works.

Thanks

Edited by - Dees on 11 Apr 2007 17:29:11
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  21:43:55  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That wasn't what I meant. I meant, if someday someone wants to buy my material, I need to know where it's hosted. Not that you are charging for free material. Just wanted to clear that up.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  00:34:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed.

Dees, I'll contact you privately about my own works at Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dees
Acolyte

Italy
3 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  07:25:02  Show Profile  Visit Dees's Homepage Send Dees a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, so now the situation is clear :)

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Bye

@the sage. I'm waiting
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000