Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Alias clone in Waterdeep?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  08:12:07  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just reading realms bestiary 1 and noticed that theres an Alias clone in Waterdeep

"A Lady of power in waterdeep"

Anyone have any further info on this Alias clone?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  08:21:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Tis been a while since I've read it, though I believe the "Lady of some power..." reference comes from Song of the Saurials -- which was where that particular duplicate was originally named.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 11 Apr 2007 15:46:24
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  11:08:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She wasn't named. At the end of Azure Bonds, when all the clones were first discovered, one is described as wearing the garb of a Waterdhavian courtesan. That's on pages 363-4.

Since there's no reason not to, I've always assumed the "lady of some power" and the courtesan were one in the same.

Me, I named her Sapphire and made her a psionicist; she's married to my fourth and final Lord of Waterdeep, a psionicist named Sierkan Dahl.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  11:13:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

'Tis been a while since I've read it, though I believe the "Lady of some power..." reference comes from Song of the Saurials -- which was were that particular duplicate was originally named.

That reference was indeed in Song of the Saurials. It was when Zhara was Alias how she and Akabar had met some of the other Alias clones. It's page 193, where five of the clones are mentioned: a sage in Candlekeep, a mage in Immersea (Cat), an eastern warrior (the possible ninja), a thief who was murdered (Jade More), and a "lady of some power in Waterdeep" (the courtesan?).

However, as I noted above, it wasn't the first reference (unless there's two Alias clones in Waterdeep).

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  12:48:36  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm interesting I thought Eric might have "outed her" in City of Splendors but I guess shes a blank slate

12 Biers + Alias

Alias the fighter
Jade the Thief (deceased)
Cat Wyvernspur (Wizard)
"One wearing the heavy armour of Mulhorand" (Paladin?)
"Waterdeep Courtsean" (Aristocrat?)
Moonshae Druid
"Eastern Ninja"
Zhara a Cleric of Tymora

Leaves 5 unlisted

by the way did we ever find out what Phalse really was?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 11 Apr 2007 13:01:52
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  14:49:49  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Eric couldn't catch every stray reference to Waterdeep, although it would have been "cool" to have included her. Maybe next time.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  15:24:01  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Hmm interesting I thought Eric might have "outed her" in City of Splendors but I guess shes a blank slate

I had planned on it, but then I ran out of room.
quote:

I think it was stated in the books that he was a demon. There might also be a brief write-up in FR7 - Hall of Heroes.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  15:51:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

12 Biers + Alias

Alias the fighter
Jade the Thief (deceased)
Cat Wyvernspur (Wizard)
"One wearing the heavy armour of Mulhorand" (Paladin?)
"Waterdeep Courtsean" (Aristocrat?)
Moonshae Druid
"Eastern Ninja"
Zhara a Cleric of Tymora

Leaves 5 unlisted
There was also the Candlekeep sage, and the one from the far north.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  15:55:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:

I think it was stated in the books that he was a demon. There might also be a brief write-up in FR7 - Hall of Heroes.

--Eric

Hall of Heroes tells us that Phalse was in fact the demon that Cassana was originally trying to contact.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  17:16:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I had planned on it, but then I ran out of room.
[quote]

I'm glad you didn't, since I'm using her in my next Lord of Waterdeep article...

Can you tell us what you had planned for her?

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  00:39:51  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I didn't get very far beyond "wife of a prominent noble". Hadn't decided which one yet. I considered finding one of the older lords mentioned in Steven's Waterdeep boxed set, having the older wife die and having the Alias clone be a much younger second wife.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  02:23:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I didn't get very far beyond "wife of a prominent noble". Hadn't decided which one yet. I considered finding one of the older lords mentioned in Steven's Waterdeep boxed set, having the older wife die and having the Alias clone be a much younger second wife.

--Eric

Well, my version of her is married to a man in his fifties... But he's not a noble. He owns a nice jewelry store, though.

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  03:41:20  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone else think that the ECL adjustment needs to changed +1 seems a to low for a template that creates a character that has 17 for every stat (or the equivelant of 72 point buy)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  22:16:41  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Re: The ECL. I revised them in Bestiary 2.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2007 :  01:08:47  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Re: The ECL. I revised them in Bestiary 2.

Ah thanks Tom

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Seismo
Acolyte

New Zealand
28 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2007 :  07:54:20  Show Profile  Visit Seismo's Homepage Send Seismo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any info on Alias - Finder interaction now he's a god?
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2007 :  13:33:50  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very little. Presumably she feels the same way about him she did in the books -- having a very challenging father-daughter relationship where the father is not particularly available on an emotional level and the daughter has responded by mostly closing herself off -- and I would guess has a hard time seeing him or treating him as a god. That said, they are probably both maturing and developing a more adult parent-child relationship, as when things ended they're relationship seemed to be thawing. How much for these two stubborn beings, is anyone's guess.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2007 :  14:25:30  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

--Eric

Well, my version of her is married to a man in his fifties... But he's not a noble. He owns a nice jewelry store, though.

Is there any chance we'll be seeing this published at Candlekeep, Wooly?

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2007 :  16:12:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

quote:

quote:

quote:

--Eric

Is there any chance we'll be seeing this published at Candlekeep, Wooly?

Yup, as soon as the next Compendium comes out. Though I don't really focus on the Alias clone, since it wasn't her tale I was telling.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000