Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Info on Chosen
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  00:20:44  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi guys.Does anyone know of any resoucings on the net that detail the chosen of the major (and minor) gods of the realms. I'm particularly interested in the Chosen for Lathander, Tempus, and Vecna....

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  00:35:29  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not every deity has a Chosen. In fact, I think if we could trun back the clock, we would have preferred that only Mystra had them, or more correctly, used the term "Chosen".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  00:57:39  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are no official Chosen for either Lathander or Tempus.

In fact, if you read Tempus's entry in F&A, it would seem to set-up the Lord of Battles as a deity who is unlikely to have anything resembling a Chosen. This is because Tempus appears to show his favor for both sides in a conflict, or even the most valorous for example. As I see it, a Chosen on one side or another, during a conflict, would actually contradict established Tempuran dogma.

I've heard it said that the best model we've seen of a favoured servant of the Lord of Battles is Baergil's valiant sacrifice in All Shadows Fled. And I agree with that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Apr 2007 04:02:39
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  01:00:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

In fact, I think if we could trun back the clock, we would have preferred that only Mystra had them, or more correctly, used the term "Chosen".
Indeed. Krash is definitely on the mark...

As I've said many times... I never lump Mystra's Chosen together with the rest of the now more apparent Chosen of deities in the 3e FR.

Part of why Mystra's Chosen are unique is because of their role. They balance out Mystra, and store some of her power in case it's needed. They're kinda like "loyal opposition" -- they are loyal to Mystra, but they are not controlled by her, and with them having some of her power, they can act in opposition to her if she gets out of control. They are also assistants of a sort; they work to further the spread of magic, but in a pinch, they can also help to maintain the Weave.

That is why Mystra has Chosen. That is why hers are special. Most of the other Chosen of FR deities, or rather... Divine Champions as I call them, are but pale shadows.

"Divine Champion" would work well enough for any. Or any other title of specialty that doesn't reflect a connection to the special nature of Mystra's own Chosen. There's virtually no basis for the connection between the roles of the other "Chosen" of the various deities and Mystra's Chosen -- so the titles should be different.

To make the Divine Champions of the other deities similar to Mystra's Chosen takes away the charm of the Chosen characters and makes their entire position in the Realms seem "usual".

Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  03:03:40  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well perhaps I used incorrect terminalogy. What I meant is actually "foremost servant" to the Gods, not Chosen as in the Mystra-divine power sense.

For example, I think Elminster fits both roles. He has the divine power and he is Mysta's "favorit". Cadderly is Denier's, the Magister is Azuth's, Ervis cale is Mask's, Fzoul - Bane, Rivelin (or formerly Halaster) for Shar... You get my drift? I just assumed there would be a listing somewhere for atleast all the major Gods.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  04:07:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Take a look through Victor Ograygor's compilation for a listing of which deities currently have officially referenced Chosen in the Realmslore.

Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  04:54:18  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Brotha!

he Chosen

Chosen of Cyric : Malik el Sami yn Nasser (Seraph of Lies)

Chosen of Bane : Fzoul Chembryl

Chosen of Deneir : Pertelope (deceased)
Chosen of Deneir : Cadderly Bonaduce
Chosen of Deneir : Malik el Sami yn Nasser

Chosen of Eilistraee : Qilue Veladorn

Chosen of Eldath : Ashenford Torinbow
Chosen of Eldath : Lady Shadowmoon Crystalembers
Chosen of Eldath : Shinthala Deepcrest

Chosen of Ereven : Fox-at-Twilight

Chosen of Gilgleam : Shuruppak (ExChosen since Gilgleam's death)

Chosen of Gzemnid : Skixtalq the Obscurant (Beholder)(deceased)

Chosen of Iyachtu Xvim (deceased deity): Fzoul Chembryl

Chosen of Lathander : Jherek of Velen (speculative)

Chosen of Labelas Enoreth : Vartan Hai Sylver

Chosen of Lolth : Liriel Baenre (possibly but might be a ExChosen)
Chosen of Lolth : Another but I don't want to spoil a certain set of novels

Chosen of Malar : Anth-Malar

Chosen of Merrshaulk/Sseth : Pil'it'ith (ExChosen)

Chosen of Mask : Kesson Rel
Chosen of Mask : Avner of Hartsvale
Chosen of Mask : Erevis Cale
Chosen of Mask : Drasek Riven

The Chosen of Silvanus, Eldath, and Mielikki all at once
Chosen of Mielikki : Jeryth Phaulkon
Chosen of Mielikki : Ashenford Torinbow
Chosen of Mielikki : Lady Shadowmoon Crystalembers
Chosen of Mielikki : Shinthala Deepcrest

Chosen of Mystra : Alassra Silverhand known as The Simbul
Chosen of Mystra : Alvaerele Tasundrym known as The Silent Chosen of Mystra
Chosen of Mystra : Alustriel Silverhand
Chosen of Mystra : Dove Falconhand
Chosen of Mystra : Elminster Aumar, the Sage of Shadowdale.
Chosen of Mystra : Embrae Alevan of Ardeep (deceased)
Chosen of Mystra : Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun the Lord Mage of Waterdeep
Chosen of Mystra : Laeral Silverhand
Chosen of Mystra : Nadrathen, the Rebel Chosen (Deceased, according to Steven Schend)
Chosen of Mystra : Sammaster (ExChosen) (Deceased)
Chosen of Mystra : Storm Silverhand
Chosen of Mystra : Syluné Witch of Shadowdale (deceased)
Chosen of Mystra : Symrustar Auglamyr (Deceased, according to Steven Schend)
Chosen of Mystra : The Srinshee
Chosen of Mystra : Qilué Veladorn

Chosen of Oghma : Sephris Dwendon

Chosen of Sehanine Moonbow : Embrae Aloevan of Ardeep

Chosen of The Seldarine (elven pantheon) : Ilyrana(deceased)
Chosen of The Seldarine (elven pantheon) : Queen Amlaruil of Evermeet

Chosen of Shar : Underdark said she has one, but name and race wasn't given.?

Chosen of Silvanus : Ashenford Torinbow
Chosen of Silvanus : Lady Shadowmoon Crystalembers
Chosen of Silvanus : Shinthala Deepcrest

Chosen of Talona : The Rotting man (Unapproachable East)

Chosen of Tiamat : Tchazzar

Chosen of Ubtao : Alisandra Rayburton
Chosen of Ubtao : Dhlamass Rayburton
Chosen of Ubtao : Ras Ni
Chosen of Ubtao : Fipya
Chosen of Ubtao : Kwalu
Chosen of Ubtao : Mainu
Chosen of Ubtao : Ossaw I

Chosen of Umberlee : Slarkrathel

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  04:59:14  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Note: Victor never updated his list, so Chosen of Deneir : Malik el Sami yn Nasser is not a Chosen of Deneir but he is still a Chosen of Cyric.

And Dragons of Faerun tells us that Tchazzar is not a Chosen of Tiamat. It's just a title.

Furthermore, Chosen of Mielikki : Jeryth Phaulkon is not a Chosen of all three deities, she's only a Chosen of Mielikki.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 10 Apr 2007 05:01:44
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  05:40:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And for reference purposes, the only Chosen templates currently published are those for Mystra, Bane, Malar, and Deneir. The Chosen of Mystra is located in the FRCS -- pg. 247. The Chosen of Bane is referenced in Faiths & Pantheons -- pg. 213. The Chosen of Malar appeared in DUNGEON #129 as I recall. And the Chosen of Deneir is detailed at WotC, in the FR Novels archive.

In 2e, the three Chosen of Silvanus/Mielikki/Eldath are stat'd in the Vilhon Reach sourcebook, and some of Amlaruil's powers as the Chosen of the Seldarine are stat'd in the Evermeet sourcebook. And while we don't have their exact templates... Shuruppak has been stat'd in both 2e and 3e -- Powers & Pantheons and Epic Level Handbook respectively. Malik (2e) was covered in DRAGON #245. Qilue (2e) is detailed in the Heroes' Lorebook. Slarkrathel (3e) is stat'd in Lords of Darkness. Pil'it'ith (3e) is from Serpent Kingdoms. Also, Paul provided Cale's 3e stats here at Candlekeep.

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Apr 2007 05:41:27
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  05:55:08  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya can get a better Chosen of Mystra from Laeral's stats in the Waterdeep sourcebook because the FRCS version is missing some abilities that were added back in in Waterdeep.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  06:11:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll note also that Erik Scott de Bie (Fox-at-Twilight's creator) confirms that she is a Chosen of Erevan - though he leaves it specifically vague as to just what abilities she has as a result of that status.

Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  08:08:02  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Note: Victor never updated his list, so Chosen of Deneir : Malik el Sami yn Nasser is not a Chosen of Deneir but he is still a Chosen of Cyric.

And Dragons of Faerun tells us that Tchazzar is not a Chosen of Tiamat. It's just a title.

Furthermore, Chosen of Mielikki : Jeryth Phaulkon is not a Chosen of all three deities, she's only a Chosen of Mielikki.

Ehh..

Sorry and yes its true.. I have had much on my mind lately.

I made the update now, thanks fore reminding me.

Are you 100% on that ( Tchazzar is not a Chosen of Tiamat)

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7843

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 10 Apr 2007 08:14:07
Go to Top of Page

At your Behest
Acolyte

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  09:05:09  Show Profile  Visit At your Behest's Homepage Send At your Behest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings!

Yes Victor,DoF states "As the Dragon Queen's Chosen (which is currently nothing more than a title), Tchazzar is Tiamat's champion in Faerûn, unleashing his fearsome wrath on whoever draws her ire". [short excerpt taken from DoF,p.38 from the entry "Known Enemies"].

Farewell!

Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn.

Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yeah, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land.
Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.

Edited by - At your Behest on 10 Apr 2007 12:27:55
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  16:15:12  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by At your Behest

Greetings!

Yes Victor,DoF states "As the Dragon Queen's Chosen (which is currently nothing more than a title), Tchazzar is Tiamat's champion in Faerûn, unleashing his fearsome wrath on whoever draws her ire". [short excerpt taken from DoF,p.38 from the entry "Known Enemies"].

Farewell!

Yup, and I know this because I added him in my NPC file. :) It says it more then once in Dragon of Faerun, actually.

Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  18:02:17  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now I am home again, and checked the info in dragons of Ferun.

And yes you are right…

Thanks

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  22:51:18  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Not every deity has a Chosen. In fact, I think if we could trun back the clock, we would have preferred that only Mystra had them, or more correctly, used the term "Chosen".

-- George Krashos

I'm with you on this. I know some people like a lot of different Chosen for different deities, but I prefer them as something unique to Mystra.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  22:55:01  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'll note also that Erik Scott de Bie (Fox-at-Twilight's creator) confirms that she is a Chosen of Erevan - though he leaves it specifically vague as to just what abilities she has as a result of that status.

But isn't also true that the only author who can make something canon simply by saying it is Ed Greenwood?

I haven't read the webstory yet, but neither the "The Greater Treasure" nor the recent novel featuring Twilight explicitly state that Twilight is a Chosen of Erevan. So going by what's "official", Twilight probably shouldn't be on that list.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  22:58:37  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jordanz

For example, I think Elminster fits both roles. He has the divine power and he is Mysta's "favorit". Cadderly is Denier's, the Magister is Azuth's, Ervis cale is Mask's, Fzoul - Bane, Rivelin (or formerly Halaster) for Shar... You get my drift? I just assumed there would be a listing somewhere for atleast all the major Gods.

Are these truly the "favorites" of these deities, or just the ones we've seen in print? I don't think there is a way to determine who is--out of millions of people in the Realms--the "foremost favorite of a Deity".

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  23:00:32  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It was never explicitly stated for a fact that Liriel was a Chosen of Lolth.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  23:06:58  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

It was never explicitly stated for a fact that Liriel was a Chosen of Lolth.

Actually in the third book, or in the second, I forgot where, it does say that Liriel is a Chosen because her rival says it. I helped make that list years ago and after talking to Elaine about it, I left it how I wrote it. I.E. she might be a Chosen or she might be a ExChosen. It's never been totally nailed down so I left it as vague as possible.

Edited by - Kuje on 10 Apr 2007 23:08:33
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  23:13:31  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well perhaps I used incorrect terminalogy. What I meant is actually "foremost servant" to the Gods, not Chosen as in the Mystra-divine power sense.

Gods' mortal favourites is ineffable who-can-know? dancing-angels territory. But I dare say Bane doesn't give a damn about Fzoul and Azuth has no necessary affection for any Magister.

Petty, egotistical priests quarrel as to which of them is a god's foremost servant. Let's leave 'who's the greatest?' bickering to them.

I believe Erik about his character. Whether it's actual, likely or potential 'canon' is no concern of mine.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  23:27:42  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Actually in the third book, or in the second, I forgot where, it does say that Liriel is a Chosen because her rival says it.

How do we know that person was correct? Besides, don't drow lie all the time (I recall that the rival in question was a drow)? That's kind of what I was getting at when I said the novel doesn't explicitly say that Liriel is/was a Chosen of Lolth. Just because people are speculating about something doesn't mean that "something" is true.

Not a big deal though. *shrug*

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 10 Apr 2007 23:30:47
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  23:29:02  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

I believe Erik about his character. Whether it's actual, likely or potential 'canon' is no concern of mine.

I believe him too, and I personally am not especially concerned with what's "canon" and what isn't, but I DO believe in being consistent.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  23:36:22  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Actually in the third book, or in the second, I forgot where, it does say that Liriel is a Chosen because her rival says it.

How do we know that person was correct? Besides, don't drow lie all the time (I recall that the rival in question was a drow)? That's kind of what I was getting at when I said the novel doesn't explicitly say that Liriel is/was a Chosen of Lolth. Just because people are speculating about something doesn't mean that "something" is true.

Not a big deal though. *shrug*

How do we know she isn't incorrect either, we don't. Which is, again, why I wrote it the way I did. She might be, or she might not be. It covers both bases. I didn't pull this out of the air, I discussed it more then once with Elaine and the way it's written for the list covers both sides of the issue.

Really have no idea why this is even being debated.

Edited by - Kuje on 10 Apr 2007 23:38:18
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  23:49:37  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

How do we know she isn't incorrect either, we don't. Which is, again, why I wrote it the way I did. She might be, or she might not be. It covers both bases. I didn't pull this out of the air, I discussed it more then once with Elaine and the way it's written for the list covers both sides of the issue.

Really have no idea why this is even being debated.

Well, for your information, I read your statement the wrong way, sorry. I wasn't trying to start a huge argument or anything.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  00:53:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

But isn't also true that the only author who can make something canon simply by saying it is Ed Greenwood?
Well, Erik told me that Ed gave his tale the 'thumbs up', so I'm assuming Ed didn't see anything wrong with status of Twilight as the Chosen of Erevan. He supports it.

quote:
I haven't read the webstory yet, but neither the "The Greater Treasure" nor the recent novel featuring Twilight explicitly state that Twilight is a Chosen of Erevan.
I really think this depends on how you read "Depths of Madness". In some of the Book Club [or was it in his 'Questions' scroll] discussions regarding Twilight's status, Erik tell us that he established a pretty strong connection for the "special" relationship that exists between Twilight and Erevan through several passages in the book. And that's mostly what I thought when I read through them myself.

That's enough for me to believe that Twilight does in fact enjoy a unique status of sorts among Erevan's faithful, and that Erik will elaborate further on that status if and when he has the opportunity to do so. And so long as it isn't contradicted by WotC in future FR source material, 'tis likely to remain that way.

Edited by - The Sage on 11 Apr 2007 00:55:23
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2007 :  14:41:04  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Chosen of Ereven : Fox-at-Twilight
Has there been any effort to provide a work-up for Twilight yet?

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2007 :  14:46:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's nothing official. Though Erik, a couple of weeks ago, provided an interpretation of Twilight on his blog -

"Fox-at-Twilight is roughly: CN moon elf female rogue 3 / swashbuckler 2 / uncanny trickster* 3 / shadowdancer 4 / divine seeker 4

* This being from Complete Scoundrel. Her 2 class features increases are in Swashbuckler and Shadowdancer."

Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2015 :  21:37:22  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok I had to Necro-Thread this cause I remember there being a huge thread on homebrew Chosen stats for various deities in the Realms on the WotC Forums.

However, that thread has long been gone.

Did anyone happen to archive what was left of that thread? Hoping to see someone's homebrew Chosen of Ubtao.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2015 :  20:21:44  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its kind of funny, because rescently the forgotten realms underwent an explosion of Chosen, then most of the Chosen stopped being a Chosen because the Gods desided to speak up and didn't need so many Chosen.

Aside from the usual Chosen of Mystra, Drizzt is thr Chosen of Lloth and Miliekki, The Farideh and Havilar are Chosen of Asmodeaus, The was a Chosen of Ilmater who helped librate Calimshan, there was an assortment of Chosen in the Sundering novels.

Oh and the Mulhorandi Gods are inhabiting they're Chosen.
Go to Top of Page

Greyholme
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2019 :  10:33:31  Show Profile Send Greyholme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These stats look good? For Storm Silverhand. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rUitpDKKC2cfzo5KWFtXeXb1lIFyygjP/view?usp=sharing
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000