Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Looking for any HELP. Uvaeren library methods.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2007 :  05:40:31  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anybody with a creative or scientific ideas. I would like to get more ideas on the different media that the Uvaeren would have came up with for information storage. I'll post what I came up with. If your imagination is stimulated, please post also. Especially music, I've not a musical bone in my body.

Light Lore
1 crystal

Light enters a crystal at a certain point, when it exits it created a map or picture.
Crystals that are enchanted to put out programmed illusions.
Magically altered crystals-when light changes its entry point, the scene or picture changes into something else, perhaps an animated sequence?
Different light frequencies entering crystals create different images.

Multilple cystals
A number of crystals on top of each other create a picture, putting the crystals in a different order changes the image.

Other
Murals, paintings, tapestries, jewellery, or pottery has tactile writing on the surface or specific symbols, something that only trained characters can understand.
Wind sulptures that talk when wind enters them a certain way, phrase changing when the wind comes from a different direction.
Ancient vines whose runners spell out words or phrases when they can be seen without the leaves or other obstacles.

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2007 :  08:35:18  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just some very quick thoughts...

How about some permanent Programmed Image -spells, that are triggered by certain questions? These spells would conjure images of elven sages and loremasters, whom would answer all kinds of questions.

Or a small Mythal, which has Legend Lore, Identify and other Divination spells that produce information?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000