Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 About dales council
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nos
Acolyte

France
4 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  23:43:01  Show Profile  Visit nos's Homepage Send nos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know where did the dales council of 1372DR take place?

FRCS mentions the place of Daggerdale for the meeting of 1373DR, but nothing about the prior one.

Also, if there are good sources to know anything about those councils, beside FRCS, I'm anxious to know!

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  07:45:43  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cant remember anything about where the council was held, but as for sources; of the top of my head:

There is some information in the 2ed. Campaignsetting box set, a little bit in the Dalelands box set, also for 2ed. I cant remember for sure, but there should be some information spread out in Volo's guide to the Dalelands. The last one would be your best source on Dalelands information in general. I think it can be freely downloaded from Wizards of the Coasts page.

I might have missed some sources, but these should give you some information.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  11:12:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

There is some information in the 2ed. Campaignsetting box set, a little bit in the Dalelands box set, also for 2ed. I cant remember for sure, but there should be some information spread out in Volo's guide to the Dalelands. The last one would be your best source on Dalelands information in general. I think it can be freely downloaded from Wizards of the Coasts page.

Yup, Volo's Guide to Cormyr is one of the many freebies on the Wizards downloads page.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

nos
Acolyte

France
4 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  13:47:14  Show Profile  Visit nos's Homepage Send nos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'm gonna check Volo's guide out when I get home.
humm, just to know, who/what is Volo
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  15:51:56  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volo is a traveling scribe that tells ( more or less truthfully) about locations and happenings of the realms. Several of his books can be found at the page Wooly gave you. The books are still among the greatest sources on Realmslore published and the books are dearly missed, by this scribe and others.

We still hope for Volo's return with new (and even greater) books.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2007 :  17:12:50  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But he does have a regular article in Dragon Magazine now . . .
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2007 :  22:07:52  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

Volo is a traveling scribe that tells ( more or less truthfully) about locations and happenings of the realms. Several of his books can be found at the page Wooly gave you. The books are still among the greatest sources on Realmslore published and the books are dearly missed, by this scribe and others.

We still hope for Volo's return with new (and even greater) books.

Don't forget that he's a wizard, too!

Nos, you'll get a good picture of his reputation if you take a look at the cover on Volo's Guide to Cormyr (a furious Azoun has Purple Dragons carry/throw him out of the Royal Court).

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000