Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Dragonking's Eye questions - DM stuff
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2007 :  00:20:56  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
1. From what crystal sphere did the Dragonking's Eye (and presumably House Sunstaff/Wands) originate?

2. In Marco Volo Adventures: Arrival, Sune takes partial credit for binding the Dragonking in the Eye. If this took place in a different crystal sphere, is Sune a multi-sphere Power, or was it the local deity of Love and beauty who did the deed, with Sune taking credit as the Torilian deity with those portfolios?

3. In City of Splendors: Waterdeep (3rd edition), it is indicated that meddling with the Dragonking's Eye has made House Wands a focus for far Side … er … Far Realm activity. Is this discussed in detail in some other product or was it just mentioned as a one-off (or a seed for a future NDA project)?

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2007 :  01:12:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. I don't immediately recall the original world of the Dragonking's Eye being referenced by name -- 'twas just described as a "distant world".

2. You'll want to look up the entry for the Dragonking's Eye in VGtATM for a more complete account of these events.

3. The original reference was in the 3rd of the "Marco Volo" modules in which the Dragonking makes a brief appearance in the Realms. (I wouldn't really recommend this adventure trilogy however, but they are considered part of canon Realmslore). Eric tells us he that tried to work with them when expanding on the Dragonking entry in CoS:W. You can find the modules here for free:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

From there, the Dragonking was mentioned in Volo's Guide to All Things Magical -- under the entry for the "Dragonking's Eye". Eric, thus, continued with the reference into CoS:W and makes a more solid connection to the Far Realm. The Far Realm focus on House Wands was "barely hinted at" in VGtATM, as I recall, and may be something Eric wishes to build upon later -- if he has his way.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 16 Mar 2007 01:19:25
Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2007 :  18:12:56  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

1. I don't immediately recall the original world of the Dragonking's Eye being referenced by name -- 'twas just described as a "distant world".

2. You'll want to look up the entry for the Dragonking's Eye in VGtATM for a more complete account of these events.

3. The original reference was in the 3rd of the "Marco Volo" modules in which the Dragonking makes a brief appearance in the Realms. (I wouldn't really recommend this adventure trilogy however, but they are considered part of canon Realmslore). Eric tells us he that tried to work with them when expanding on the Dragonking entry in CoS:W. You can find the modules here for free:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

From there, the Dragonking was mentioned in Volo's Guide to All Things Magical -- under the entry for the "Dragonking's Eye". Eric, thus, continued with the reference into CoS:W and makes a more solid connection to the Far Realm. The Far Realm focus on House Wands was "barely hinted at" in VGtATM, as I recall, and may be something Eric wishes to build upon later -- if he has his way.

Sorry for not responding earlier, Sage, but I forgot to subscribe to my own post!

Iguess that the creation of The Dragonking's Eye is one of those deep mysteries of the multivers hinted at, but otherwise inexplicable to us poor, dim-witted mortals. (Heck, even with a 22 INT and 19 WIS or something like that, poor Karsus had his brain fried after the briefest of encounters with god-knowledge.

*sigh*

A being's reach should exceed its grasp, or what're the Outer Planes for?

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000